UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Poll Without Fear (Classic Daredevil): Informal Character Poll #9

elhonez

Which Daredevil villain should be made next?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Daredevil villain should be made next?

2. 2. Which Daredevil army builder should be made next?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/2018 at 08:05 PM

When assembling this poll, I contemplated taking a hard line on the 1985 cutoff for Bronze Age, but I also realized there'd be a mutiny if I didn't include Typhoid Mary and Nuke, so they're in here. No Matador though, sorry. :D

A primer on our contestants:

AngarHe can scream people into hallucinations. Had a notably creepy appearance in the MCU, in AOS.

Leap-Frog: This mini could be a 3-in-1, in that the goofy Frog-Man (the original's son), and a subsequent thug in Bendis' Daredevil run also wear essentially the same costume.

Typhoid Mary: Super-powered former prostitute.

Gladiator (Potter): MCU exposure in the Netflix Daredevil series. A psychically unbalanced costume designer in a bruiser's body with a penchant for Roman Gladiator weaponry.

Jester: A failed actor who turned to the Tinkerer to level-up with deadly gadgets. The character has reappeared in Acts of Vengeance, with another man donning the costume.

Nuke: A crazed vet, he was born of one of the military's attempts to re-create a super soldier. He relies on red, white and blue pills to keep him jacked up. Appears in the MCU in Jessica Jones.

Mr. Fear: The perfect foil for the Man Without Fear? Marvel's Scarecrow, essentially, complete with fear gas. There have been four Mr. Fears.

Cobra: Partner in crime to Mr. Hyde, also on this list, this duo first appeared in Thor, but their more terrestrial powers were better suited for Daredevil to engage.

Mr. Hyde: Before this brute became too overpowered, he and Cobra fought Daredevil quite a bit. Best not to mention his MCU appearances in AOS. 

Owl: Un-powered in the MCU's Daredevil Season 1, in the 616 he's a criminal mastermind & has been mutated. Also a Spider-Man villain.

This round's army builders:

Black Spectre (female followers of the Mandrill, wearing bulky armor to appear as men, compelled to fight against their will)

blackspectre1.jpg

Mauler Armor (famously worn by Turk once)

latest?cb=20050601031214

The Chaste (heroic white ninjas, vs. the Hand's red)

4502961-stick_(earth-3971).jpg

Edited by elhonez

Hellpop's customs from this group include Gladiator, Nuke, Mr. Hyde, and the Owl, with the Cobra a WIP. I should probably try my hand at Typhoid Mary; she wouldn't be too hard. Voted for Leap Frog, since he's such a unique looking character.

Gladiator is my choice here, I've been wanting him as a minimate for a while now and he wouldn't take too many new parts. I'd also like to see Nuke, he also wouldn't take much in the way of new parts and if he had an extra head like the recent ML figure it would be a cool figure. Or, I guess you could vote for the bondage prostitute.

Black Spectre are pretty cool but it's hard to argue with ninjas.

I have a special place in my heart for Leap-Frog but Typhoid Mary has been a long time coming. (No pun intended but, hey...)

And The Chaste. C'mon. Seriously. Four-pack that Crazy 88-style.

Put together a DD assortment with yellow Daredevil and his backpack, seven of the other top voter-getters, and the loser as a BAMM and I'm sold.

6 hours ago, hellpop said:

Hellpop's customs from this group include Gladiator, Nuke, Mr. Hyde, and the Owl, with the Cobra a WIP. I should probably try my hand at Typhoid Mary; she wouldn't be too hard. Voted for Leap Frog, since he's such a unique looking character.

I tried a Mr. Fear QC once...

5717271252_df1626c2f6_b.jpg

Edited by elhonez

We have our victors. In first place, Typhoid Mary.

84086d40ee768b37fee280b8fb9fe221--marvel

In second place, Melvin Potter, the Gladiator.

Gladiator-Marvel-Comics-Daredevil-Potter

And finally, our third place contestant, Nuke.

maxresdefault.jpg

By a landslide, the winning army builder was The Chaste. Everybody loves ninjas. 2nd and 3rd place were neck and neck, which was pretty cool though.

Chaste+Team.jpg

Thanks for voting - Thor's up next, and first place in that poll is still very much up for grabs...

Edited by elhonez

• 9 months later...