UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic X-Men Allies & Alt Looks: Informal Character Poll #8

elhonez

Which Classic X-Men ally or alt look should be made next?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Classic X-Men ally or alt look should be made next?

• Colossus - 80s (UXM 209)
    • Kitty Pryde as Ariel
    • Mimic - classic
    • Rogue - green jumpsuit (UXM 173)
    • Callisto
    • Lilandra
    • Rachel Grey as Phoenix (UXM 199)
    • Caliban - Morlock
    • Professor X - X jumpsuit (UXM 184)
    • Changeling
  2. 2. Who's your favorite Starjammer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/29/2017 at 06:47 PM

For this poll, we're going back to X. But this time, it'll be classic heroes & allies. Who's at the top of your want list?

Instead of an army builder poll, I am posing a question: Who is your favorite Starjammer?

colossus-bigcostume03.jpgshadowcat-bigcostume3.jpgmimic-bigcostume1.jpgrogue-bigcostume1.jpgcallisto-bigcostume1.jpg

180?cb=20090213151818rachel-bigcostume3.jpgcaliban-bigcostume1.jpgxavier-bigcostume2.jpglatest?cb=20090202071334

Edited by elhonez

I feel personally victimized by this poll and that I could only choose 1. I went with Mimic because I think he would sell the best and I am convinced we are getting Green Suit Rogue this go around. Although I have ALWAYS loved this Rachel Costume and wish that Jean stole it.

578ffaefb7babeb0c4eb12d0f4138ac2.jpg

This is my favourite of these polls so far. I'd love any of these options.

As much as I love Kitty Pryde, I need her training uniform (my #1 want) before the green costume, so I have to go with BoM jumpsuit Rogue (my #2 want).

I'd only be interested in the Starjammers if they were all going to be made, with the exception of Binary, who I'd be fine with on her own.

I favor unmade X-Men over all other minimates, so while I'd love the vast majority of these... my choices were easy...

Took Mimic in the first vote. Easy choice. The only other unmade X-Man on that list was Changeling... everyone else is a costume variant or an ally. And even Changeling has technically been made already if you count Age of Apocalypse Morph... which I don't.

Took Hepzibah in the second vote because she's the only Starjammer who has actually also been an X-Man (briefly). She is also my favorite Starjammer though, so I wasn't violating the question posed by the poll, lol.

Ultimately I'd love to get all of the allies listed (including the Starjammers). My world will keep spinning if we never get these costume variants... none of these are my favorite costumes for any of these characters... BUT... I wouldn't say no to any of them all the same.

I would very happily take everything offered here!
While i'd rather a translucent Binary mate, I voted for Ch'od because i think they could recycly most of his body to make a bulked up Abomination.

7 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

This is a poll that I can vote in!

I went with Lilandra, as I've wished for her plenty of times in the past, and while I would absolutely need the entire Starjammers crew, I went with Hepzibah for my favorite.

I posted this in wishlists but with the Dark Phoenix Prt 1 coming out I'm wondering if we will get a thematic wave with it if not a movie one. I'd go with:

Wave 1:  Phoenix Saga

Dark Phoenix / Lilandra

Corsair / Chod

Raza / Eric The Red

Fang Wolverine (parts for Fang)/ Shiar Warrior

Wave 2:

Sebastian Shaw / Hellfire Solider

Leland / Hellfire Solider

Guardian / Oracle

Warstar / Smasher (parts for female Smasher)

Through this we would get Hellfire: (Old White Queen), Shaw, Leland, (BOEM v XM Mastermind). Hellfire Soliders

Imperial Guard: Lilandra, Guardian, Oracle, Fang, Smasher Warstar

StarJammers: Corsair, Chod, Raza,

Then we would just need a Pierce (that could be altered for the Reavers), Tessa, and maybe a redone White Queen (mine is yellowing) for a complete Hellfire Club;

Hepzibah and Binary for a StarJammers line up; and a start/ ok line up of the Imperial Guard.

RE: Mimic and Beast's feet...

While I agree whole heartedly that we still need an end-all be-all definitive perfect Beast Minimate... because we still don't have an utterly flawless one... I honestly don't think it needs to come before Mimic, because I honestly never thought of Mimic as a bulky character who needs big feet.

Now I know... he technically has Beast's powers, and was even barefoot in his earliest incarnation (and a few since then). And some of the artists who've pushed the boundaries of his proportions a bit more do indeed at times draw him bulkier than others... BUT... that said... many artists also don't push the boundaries of his proportions, and draw him considerably leaner than Hank... and that's honestly the way I've always thought of him.

Exiles Mimic and Modern Dark X-Men Mimic especially are both way leaner than Hank is ever depicted, and both wear boots in point of fact (Exiles Mimic doesn't even have Hank's powers anymore, I don't think). Classic Mimic, I admit, can vary. Sometimes he's drawn with big honking feet, sometimes he's drawn looking no bulkier than Angel... but like I said, I personally tend to think of him as lean... and think that bulking up his minimate with a big chest and big feet would just look unfaithful to the character. He's not that big.

ALL THAT SAID...

I'd also agree that I'd prefer Modern Mimic (Blue Costume) to Classic Mimic (Orange Costume)... but ultimately I'd prefer either to no Mimic at all. Because he's currently the oldest X-Man never to get a minimate. (Note: I do not want Exiles Mimic before 616 Mimic. That would just annoy me. Though I would take him after, because I enjoy Exiles... I just think of him a different character entirely, who's less essential. But Exiles isn't exactly current or very relevant these days, so I doubt he'll ever get made anyway.)

Edited by Gillbob316

1 hour ago, Gillbob316 said:

ALL THAT SAID...

I'd also agree that I'd prefer Modern Mimic (Blue Costume) to Classic Mimic (Orange Costume)... but ultimately I'd prefer either to no Mimic at all. Because he's currently the oldest X-Man never to get a minimate. (Note: I do not want Exiles Mimic before 616 Mimic. That would just annoy me. Though I would take him after, because I enjoy Exiles... I just think of him a different character entirely, who's less essential. But Exiles isn't exactly current or very relevant these days, so I doubt he'll ever get made anyway.)

Amen to all of this. I think after Mimic and Changeling we would have everyone that’s been an x-man in the first 300 issues.

Weird in'it? Mimic and Changeling are the two most interesting to me as X-Men we don't currently have, haha.

I'll grant you Changeling was somewhat confusingly retconned into being an undercover X-Man after he had already died, which makes him... feel sketchy, but that said, he's still pretty much always listed on every list of X-Men members as an official member, so I give him the nod. Frankly I always kind-of wished they'd resurrect him, stick him back on a team and rename him Morph, just to reconcile the whole confusing Changeling v. Morph thing within the 616 continuity. More or less the same way they did with Blink when her Age of Apocalypse incarnation eventually eclipsed her 616 version in popularity. They just brought her back in 616 and made her closer to AoA to... smooth the confusion over. I want that to happen with Morph. (Or Changeling as it were). 

What's wacky to me is Sage/Tessa was also retconned into being a covert X-Man (similar to Changeling) around this early "original team" timeframe, but no one ever mentions it or acknowledges it, haha. It happened, and then everyone just kinda forgot about it. Sage however, at least had a good long modern out in the open run as an X-Man too, unlike Changeling.

Mimic was undeniably an X-Man, imo. He kind-of BS'ed his way onto the team, but once he did it, he was there, and he was definitely the 6th member for a handful of adventures there. His tenure was short, but it was there. And I think his later modern ties to the team after SIEGE-ish just sort of re-affirm him as one of their on-again off-again, less morally upstanding or noteworthy but still occasional members.

I honestly think of those two as less tenous than a lot of modern X-Men though. These days there are so many books, so many teams, so many sub-teams, so many students... it's  become a huge mess to keep track of who's an "official" X-Man and who's just "Kind-of" an X-Man. Rogue's team of mostly villains was about where I started getting annoyed... Mystique, Sabretooth and Lady Mastermind all technically became X-Men at that point, even though all three of them betrayed the team and were revealed as infiltrators, they still get listed on every official X-Men list out there. I'm all for accepting characters who made the turn with good intentions like Juggernaut, Emma, Magneto... but it bugs the hell out of me that we still have to call Lady Mastermind an X-Man, when she was only ever a villain pretending to be one to screw the good guys (I mean we don't call Dark Beast or Skrullverine real X-Men, and that was basically what they did too). ... but where things got REALLY messy imo was around Utopia/Second Coming... once Cyclops gathered up every mutant in existance and stuck them all on an island together, it was like every one of them suddenly had a tenuous claim at being an X-Man. They started cherry-picking secondary characters and sending them on like... 1-off missions as their powers suited Cyclops' needs (leaving readers to ask, "So wait... is this guy an X-Man now?") ... Ariel was the first one that really annoyed the crap out of me. She was like a 1-panel throw away appearance because the story needed a teleporter... she briefly refers to herself as an X-Man, then blows up... and now she's on every official X-Man roster thereafter. Due to like a 2 panel throwaway appearance. And there are tons more "members" like that since Utopia and beyond. It confuses the hell out of me. I miss when keeping track of the X-Men was simple.