UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 25

bigvis497

On 4/15/2018 at 4:42 PM, TENIME_art said:

My store was restocked, but only have one Jack'O'Lantern set left. Plenty of the rest. I hope someone is watching this thread, because I can't afford to grab them & sit on them, nor walk around the store with them forever.

To which store are you referring?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/04/2018 at 10:42 PM, TENIME_art said:

My store was restocked, but only have one Jack'O'Lantern set left. Plenty of the rest. I hope someone is watching this thread, because I can't afford to grab them & sit on them, nor walk around the store with them forever.

Et tu Tenime !

:P

These guys have been super hard to find. I have been to every TRU in my area and still no luck on that Chameleon set. If anyone has an extra or two at retail, I would be very appreciative. I also have a bunch to trade. Thanks! This is such a great wave and it's a shame that so few are going to make it out into the wild. 

So today I ventured to my local TRU in Bloomington, IL.

I found on package of the Spider-Armor Spider-man/Superior Foe Beetle from this TRU25 wave.

Never saw any other packs in the store.

I wish I had known a little sooner that some new stock would reach my local store, or I would have gone everyday to get these when they came in.

I will try back but likely will never see them in stock again at my local TRU.

They appear to be stocking my old local TRU (NAnuet, NY) like crazy, all the shelves are full, staffers are busy doing that, and not manning registers. My store was only offering 10% off, and I actually forgot to check the Marvel aisle. :(

TRU 26 did not ship, but TRU 25 did, so they have them all, and as far as I know they are pushing stuff out to be sold.

I bought this whole set off ebay for around $40. My nearest Toys R Us is about an hour and a half away, so I would have spent around that much on gas seeking these out no matter what. When I called that store to ask if they were in stock, the worker who answered had no inkling what Minimates even were. Though I never asked, I surmised based on her tone that she had no intention to check the system and verse herself. There was a strong possibility of me driving all that way for naught.

Edited by Minimate

• 2 weeks later...

For the first few weeks of clearance my TRU no longer appeared to be re-stocking anything, but I went in earlier this week and yeah, they definitely are re-stocking things... it's just... taking a while.

I noticed they had some new Power Rangers Legacy products, appeared to get a bunch of new Tsum Tsums in (I'm a disney nerd, I check this)... and it looked like they'd re-upped a lot of board games, because I've been eyeballing a Clue silverline edition, and they were dwindling before, but they now suddenly have dozens.

No new minimates or legends, but at least it's proof positive they're still getting new shipments.

At first all my local stores were 10%-30% off (barely anything in the store was actually more than 10%) and now they're up to 20%-40% off (and barely anything in the store is over 20%)

I'm eyeballing that Silverline Clue and a WWE replica title among other things. Kinda waiting out a bigger price drop. Clearances are hard... you know better discounts are coming, but if you wait too long, everything gets bought up. Gotta find that sweet spot.

Le

30 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

For the first few weeks of clearance my TRU no longer appeared to be re-stocking anything, but I went in earlier this week and yeah, they definitely are re-stocking things... it's just... taking a while.

I noticed they had some new Power Rangers Legacy products, appeared to get a bunch of new Tsum Tsums in (I'm a disney nerd, I check this)... and it looked like they'd re-upped a lot of board games, because I've been eyeballing a Clue silverline edition, and they were dwindling before, but they now suddenly have dozens.

No new minimates or legends, but at least it's proof positive they're still getting new shipments.

At first all my local stores were 10%-30% off (barely anything in the store was actually more than 10%) and now they're up to 20%-40% off (and barely anything in the store is over 20%)

I'm eyeballing that Silverline Clue and a WWE replica title among other things. Kinda waiting out a bigger price drop. Clearances are hard... you know better discounts are coming, but if you wait too long, everything gets bought up. Gotta find that sweet spot.

Lego still at 5?

Building blocks are 10 now. And as for new shipments, warehouses are starting to shut down. Here in Indy, we received our last truck. We'll have a few weird shipments trickle in from the online warehouse and the liquidators, but product flow WILL begin drying up. That said, not EVERY warehouse is shuttered yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is near Alpharetta Georgia or wants to come here, the tru has two and a half full cases of this wave. I’m not able to do the shipping out to people thing but I’ve got what I want so feel free to have at em. 

North Point Parkway TRU.