UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 25

bigvis497

6 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

I'm usually not one for saying, "Hey, stay on topic" because I happen to think divergent discussion is what forums are made for, and I hate when people act like extraneous posts are going to use up all our internet or something...

But that said...

There sure is a hell of a lot of Specialty Wave 75 discussion going on in this TRU Wave 25 thread.

Haha, can a mod just move all of the 75 posts to the 75 thread?  

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schaumburg IL TRU now has Black Panther movie mates, and I still never saw these.

So that's 2 stores where I either missed this wave completely, or Black Panther jumped in front of it. (Either of which is just as likely, as it's entirely possible it could have come and gone at Schaumburg without my ever having seen it.)

I drove to Florida today and checked out the TRU in Pensacola. They did not have any of series 25. I found 2 pegs full of Black Panther minimates when you first walk in by the Black Panther display, another 2 pegs full of them by the Marvel toys, and then another peg full of them by the adult collectors area. I swear it was at least 4 cases of them on the pegs, but not a single wave 25 pack. So damn disappointing. I also checked 2 Walgreens in Pensacola looking for Spider-man Noir, and the Scarlett Spider (Kaine) set but had no luck.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:52 AM, jjwspider said:

It looks like the closest TRU to me still has 5 or so complete sets of this wave.  I'll likely be down that way next week if any is still looking for help.

Same here.

Had a family member finally find them for me at Gurnee Mills while she was on a trip to Wisconsin over the weekend, thankfully. Still haven't seen them in stores myself. Haven't had this much trouble tracking down a TRU set in a long time (I think the Psylocke & Lockjaw set was the last one I never found in stores before this wave, which was some time ago).

Still wouldn't mind getting my hands on a second Chameleon pack to make an MJ. Gurnee only had 1 unfortunately (Multiple of the other 2). Seems the Chameleon  set is scarcer, I'm assuming for that very reason.

5 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

Had a family member finally find them for me at Gurnee Mills while she was on a trip to Wisconsin over the weekend, thankfully. Still haven't seen them in stores myself. Haven't had this much trouble tracking down a TRU set in a long time (I think the Psylocke & Lockjaw set was the last one I never found in stores before this wave, which was some time ago).

Still wouldn't mind getting my hands on a second Chameleon pack to make an MJ. Gurnee only had 1 unfortunately (Multiple of the other 2). Seems the Chameleon  set is scarcer, I'm assuming for that very reason.

Not sure if you have any extra mates lying around, but this is a perfect opportunity to switch in the torso and legs from another mate to create the Chameleon.  At least, that is what I did so I could essentially get three mates out of the one set. 

19 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

Wait, I lied... I just remembered I never found the original Spider-Gwen set either. THAT'S the most recent TRU pack before this one I never tracked down (that said, I at least found that wave, I just kept coming up short on Spider-Gwen. People kept snatching her up. Had to resort to ebay.) ... but before that, pretty sure it was Psylocke and Lockjaw.

18 hours ago, jjwspider said:

Not sure if you have any extra mates lying around, but this is a perfect opportunity to switch in the torso and legs from another mate to create the Chameleon.  At least, that is what I did so I could essentially get three mates out of the one set. 

Same. Random torso, since you don't see it, some grey pants, I think, with some black shoes, and a spare Lady Death head (because every other white plastic head I found in my bins didn't have a hole in the top) under the mask. Works great.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, maxcarnage said:

beetle and jack booth still on toysrus.com Fun fact if you go in to a physical TRU they can order them for you and you don't have to pay shipping.

I kept waiting for Chameleon and looks like the rest are gone now.

Madison TRU just put out (finally got in) a case of these. The manager got them off the truck for me thinking they were the Infinity War ‘mates.