UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 25

bigvis497

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I got a full set at Bloomingdale, leaving more than a few full sets behind. (No Black Panther sets yet, though.) They were not with wave 24 & the rest of the Minimates in their new section - they were in the Spider-Man section in the Marvel/Star Wars aisle.

Though I also had the problem of them not ringing. The manager also just applied the Spider-Man Homecoming SKUs.

They're great, and I used a spare ASM Uncle Ben legs/torso/hands & Lady Death head (because it's white) to be able to have both Chameleon & Mary Jane.

I found these the other day at my local TRU along with the Black Panther wave. I had the same issues checking out that others have reported. I took a picture of the peg they were on before I checked out, which happened to be the wave 23 peg at the $5.99 price, so they honored that price instead of charging the full price of the BP sets.

Some thoughts:

Peter Parker and Chameleon/Mary Jane: There's a lot about this set I like but I think they tried to do too much with it. The slip-on head cover for Chameleon instead of an extra head makes him feel like an afterthought to the "bonus" figure of Mary Jane, which is an excellent figure. Parker is cool but I don't see too many people actually using this for a Spider-Man with those booted feet so it seems like a lot of extra parts without much use. The half-mask and spider hand are excellent, creative parts.

Spider Armor Spider-Man and Superior Beetle: Spider-Man is a nice figure of a costume I think is a little silly, like it's every Alex Ross stereotype in one place. Still, the metallic paint does make it stand out from the other Spideys. I don't think the same metallic paint was necessary for Beetle. The figure also suffers from being simplified (mask and skirt) and the wings look odd because they're all the same size.

Negative Zone Spider-Man and Jack O'Lantern: I'm surprised how much I like Negative Zone Spidey, it really pops for being such a simple figure. The force field piece and the translucent web are nice accessories. Jack is a great figure and my favorite of the wave. My only issue with him is a few minor quality hiccups, there is stray green paint on the pumpkin bomb and the flight stand is pretty warped.

Well, both the TRUs in Nashville had the Black Panther wave, but no luck on these. Unfortunately they still have tons of unsold TRU 24 and 23 sets, which makes me worried that we aren’t going to get these...so if anyone wants to help a brother out with a set of these TRU 25s, I would be much obliged.

Ten's suggestion to flip Beetle's wings helps a lot. I'm surprised they didn't package the figure this way to begin with.

Has anyone tried to match the Spider-Man parts from Spider Sense Peter Parker with any other Spider-Man figures? I'm curious how they match up since DST has varied the blues and reds a bit over the years.

I forgot to mention before that I really like the continuity between the Parker heads in these packs. Maybe someone already mentioned this? Either way, the heads definitely look like the same character.

I still haven't found these anywhere in Illinois, but I did find a whole case of the Black Panther wave. Black Panther jumped these in line at my local store.

I'm wondering if the SKU problems many have mentioned are slowing up their being stocked in some cases.

If the SKU problem was causing the delay, it should have affected all shipment. More likely, it's inventory prep. Some distribution centers probably never even got them in because they weren't receiving any more product in preparation for their own inventory, while some stores may not be receiving them even if their DC has them, because they're prepping for inventory at a store level

On 1/5/2018 at 5:30 PM, suicidewatch said:

Well, both the TRUs in Nashville had the Black Panther wave, but no luck on these. Unfortunately they still have tons of unsold TRU 24 and 23 sets, which makes me worried that we aren’t going to get these...so if anyone wants to help a brother out with a set of these TRU 25s, I would be much obliged.

Same in my neck of the woods. I was happy to score the Black Panther assortment this weekend but I'm now convinced my stores will never see Series 25.

Many of TRU's best people are probably moving on to more stable companies. That's gotta be wreaking havoc internally, more than usual.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:23 PM, mav-man said:

or Wisconsin anywhere...

I too am from Wisconsin and looking for these still. I'm PayPal ready! If anyone can find extras of all 3! ??

Have not seen these at the TRU in Bloomington, IL as of today.

Just for the first time today, I found Series 24 at TRU in Bloomington, IL.

I got two full sets and they were on clearance for $5.99 each. I got an extra Thor/Collector and an extra Gwenpool/Black Cat.

I have found the Black Panther TRU wave in full at the TRU in Bloomington, IL last week.

I would really like a Jack O'Lantern minimate.