bigvis497

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

So...

Who's in TRU Series 25?

This is the Spiderman wave that includes Jack O’Lantern and Chameleon.

I just found these at my local TRU and had a fun half hour wait at the checkout while they tried to find the SKU in their system ?

how do they get out onto the shelves if they aren’t in the system? (legitimate curiosity for anyone who has insight on the topic)

1 hour ago, spidermatt said:

I found series 25 over the weekend and when i went to check out it only took a couple minutes. They went thru a few 6 digit item numbers. They ended up using the 6 digit item number for the spiderman homecoming minimates.

That ended up being the case for me as well, except that the manager really didn’t like that option and tried everything else she could think of before going with that...

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Too bad they didn't use the number from Series 23 & 24. You could have gotten a nice discount!

She ended up giving me a 50% discount for making me wait so long ?

18 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

Does DST know that there's not many cellphones with keypads nowadays?

Jokes aside this wave looks great. I see that Chameleon set might sell out quicker since you can make a lot different figures from that.

LOL every once in awhile I make a custom of someone that should have a cell phone (like, say, Lois Lane), and I always feel a little sheepish about giving them such an out of date model. Let's get a smart phone in here people!

On 12/19/2017 at 1:51 PM, Donny B said:

This is the Spiderman wave that includes Jack O’Lantern and Chameleon.

I just found these at my local TRU and had a fun half hour wait at the checkout while they tried to find the SKU in their system ?

how do they get out onto the shelves if they aren’t in the system? (legitimate curiosity for anyone who has insight on the topic)

It's simple, really. Within the Toys R Us system, items are identified by a six digit SKU. The UPC, in cases like this, isn't registered to that SKU. So the store knows it got 8 of item# 123456 but the register doesn't know what 098765654321 is. If they had used the price label from the shipping box to label the shelf, they could have found the SKU there and been fine. 

20 minutes ago, Mnemosis said:

It's simple, really. Within the Toys R Us system, items are identified by a six digit SKU. The UPC, in cases like this, isn't registered to that SKU. So the store knows it got 8 of item# 123456 but the register doesn't know what 098765654321 is. If they had used the price label from the shipping box to label the shelf, they could have found the SKU there and been fine. 

That all makes sense ??

I was confused based on my previous experience in retail (where the system in place prevented any inventory from going onto shelves before being scanned into the system which was directly linked to the upc). I didn’t want to ask the manager in the moment since she was clearly frazzled and I figured it wouldn’t have helped anything to probe about internal policies

You mentioned it's worth buying two chameleon sets to display Mary Jane also, but you could just find fodder laying around and put it under the robe... 

Also, that suit seems super weird for Peter to be wearing. Certainly there's something slightly more causal they could have went with instead of a 3 piece suit 

Edited by Heinous

46 minutes ago, Heinous said:

You mentioned it's worth buying two chameleon sets to display Mary Jane also, but you could just find fodder laying around and put it under the robe... 

Also, that suit seems super weird for Peter to be wearing. Certainly there's something slightly more causal they could have went with instead of a 3 piece suit 

I like keeping my Minimates organized,  so for me I don't have any spare parts to mix and match. 

And that suit reminds me of the early days in comics for him so looked good. It had a very retro feel to it.  

So I had the same experience in Northern Virginia today with the set not being in the system.  Unfortunately, the clerk rather quickly went and grabbed a Thor Ragnarok set to scan instead, so no discount.

And though I'm sure this isn't much of a unique observation, anyone else feel like Jack O'Lantern's top could be a good match for a Rogue?

2 hours ago, kastor said:

Here is the full review and pics to go along with our tray shots from above

Minimates Monday- Spider-man And His Amazing Villains

Toys-R-Us-25-Minimates-Kastors-Korner-25.jpg

Thanks for all of the pics!  I am loving these old school Spidey mates!

Can we talk about how awesome the spider on the hand is for Peter Parker?!

Just found these yesterday and opened them a few minutes ago. Some thoughts:

-I had the same problem checking out that everyone else has had. Thankfully, I was able to check out in the video game section, which is right next to the collectibles section where Minimates are now mostly kept, because I would have lost my damn mind if I'd waited in line all that time only to have a problem checking out. I had to show the clerk where they were so that he could get the SKU, and conveniently enough they'd put them on one of the $5.99 pegs. :thumbsup:

-I love love LOVE the Spidey Sense Peter/Chameleon pack! What a stellar set. It's a little weird to have Spider-Man buccaneer boots, but I suppose I could always cobble together a Pirate Spider-Man or something. Hmm... Anyway, I love the little touches with Peter. The half-mask hairpiece, the radioactive spider hand, the comics accurate suit... just tremendous. Chameleon is really nice, but Mary Jane really surprised me. DST managed to keep the look of the original Minimate, but updated it beautifully. I love her hair and face! Just a great figure. And yes, I strongly suggest just popping any old legs, head, and torso under the Chameleon pieces and saving yourself the trouble of buying another set. But hey, live your life.

-Beetle is really cool. The metallic sheen to her paintjob is nice. Hopefully, she'll be followed soon by both the original Beetle and the rest of the Superior Foes. Armored Spidey is fine. He also has a nice metallic sheen, that really pops. It seems like he should have come with some more accessories, since this version of Spidey is so gadget heavy, but with the rest of the wave is so loaded with extras I can't complain.

-Jack O' Lantern is really sharp. I love the simple detail of his torso design. His pogo platform and fiery neckpiece are really cool. I don't know where Negative Zone Spidey came from (I mean, other than the Negative Zone), but he's a neat variant. Also, for those of you interested in packaging minutia, there's a cool little Minimate tray Neg Spidey rests in, which I don't think I've ever seen before. I dunno what I'm gonna do with it, but I'm keeping it.

-Finally, on a personal note, this wave is a little bittersweet for me because it replaces two of my customs, Jack and the Beetle. But my versions are different enough that I'm not too upset...:(