UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Solo Heroes from the 1970s: Informal Character Poll #7

elhonez

Which of these 1970s Solo Characters should be made next?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 1970s Solo Characters should be made next?

• Deathlok
    • Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung-Fu
    • Omega the Unknown
    • Jack of Hearts
    • Bloodstone
    • Machine Man
    • Captain Britain (70s)
    • Star-Lord (first costume)
    • Killraven
    • Adam Warlock (first costume)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2017 at 06:40 AM

12 hours ago, Polarboy said:

You had all better change your votes to Captain Britain or I will punch you in the balls

and they better pack him with a warwolf.

I think he means this CB:

Image result for captain britain original costume

And I don't think he ever came into contact with the Warwolves until he was wearing his Union Jack inspired costume.
I'd still take that as a two-pack tho.

I really want to be mad that this poll doesn't have an X-Man on it, but upon double-checking, apparently we already have every X-Man who was created in the 70s. There are a couple narrow misses from the late 60s and early 80s we don't have (like say Mimic)... but yeah. I'm sure there are also a couple random 70s costume variants for characters we already have... but yeah... Closest thing I could find to an unproduced X-Man from the 70s was Lilandra.

EDIT: Although I now realize the poll says "Solo" and the X-Men are far from Solo, so fair enough there.

That said I voted for Deathlok. Honestly this poll was very uninteresting for me... apparently I'm not big on 70s characters. I only picked Deathlok because his look hasn't changed severely and he could stand as a modern minimate. And he seems to be the biggest character on this list we don't already have.

Most of the other characters on this poll I'd be interested in are ones that have already been made in costumes I prefer more. Captain Britain and Adam Warlock for instance... I like both characters, but I'm happy with the minimates we already have for them. I don't need their 70s looks.

I'd REALLY like a comic book verison of Star-Lord (and all the guardians) but first appearance is not the one I'd opt for.

Edited by Gillbob316

• 3 weeks later...