UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Solo Heroes from the 1970s: Informal Character Poll #7

elhonez

Which of these 1970s Solo Characters should be made next?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 1970s Solo Characters should be made next?

• Deathlok
    • Shang-Chi, the Master of Kung-Fu
    • Omega the Unknown
    • Jack of Hearts
    • Bloodstone
    • Machine Man
    • Captain Britain (70s)
    • Star-Lord (first costume)
    • Killraven
    • Adam Warlock (first costume)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/30/2017 at 06:40 AM

The 70s were an era of experimentation for Marvel - they branched out into new genres, and tested all sorts of new hero concepts in comics like "Marvel Premiere" and "Marvel Presents." Some characters who are now household names (at least to comic book fans) were born of this era. And there are a lot of great, colorful options here. These characters all had titles or runs of some sort in the 1970s, and all had bitchin' fonts designed for their titles.

This poll also marks a break from army builders, for now.

12910-2470-14481-1-astonishing-tales.jpglatest?cb=20061221151450

733563.jpg16971-2575-18902-1-marvel-premiere.jpg

latest?cb=20070701035109latest?cb=20080809030201

latest?cb=20080605215801latest?cb=20070701184440

latest?cb=20080318022655latest?cb=20080802131555

Edited by elhonez

Machine Man for me. We need him to round out the Marvel Zombie line!

Edited by Onyx_6
FU Autocorrect!

18 hours ago, stegron01 said:

Oh ok, fair enough, thanks.  Although as this is an informal poll and 90% of these characters have almost no chance of getting made anyway I guess how much interest there is in them would still have been interesting to see...

Um, plenty of these have a chance of being made... Deathlok has gotten both ML and MU figures, Adam Warlock is a significant character who has already had one Minimate, this Captain Britain got a MU figure, Machine Man has gotten both ML and MU figures, Shang-Chi has had a really prominent place in the comics since 2012, Star-Lord is a huge movie character now (who we still haven't had a comic book version of). Jack of Hearts has a iconic design and was an Avenger.

6 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Um, plenty of these have a chance of being made... Deathlok has gotten both ML and MU figures, Adam Warlock is a significant character who has already had one Minimate, this Captain Britain got a MU figure, Machine Man has gotten both ML and MU figures, Shang-Chi has had a really prominent place in the comics since 2012, Star-Lord is a huge movie character now (who we still haven't had a comic book version of). Jack of Hearts has a iconic design and was an Avenger.

Maybe you are right and I certainly hope so.  Maybe 90% was a bit pessimistic but based on DST's general release schedule over the last few years I will be very pleasantly surprised if we get more than one or two of these characters with these looks in the near or medium term future.  I see deathlok as the most likely but admittedly you can never tell for sure...