UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Year, New Minimates - A Secret Santa-esque exchange

Onyx_6

After talking to a few members, I decided to take it upon myself to take the reins of this year's Secret Santa exchange. If anyone objects I would not be offended at all. This is a fun tradition and I don't want to see it die off. Anyway, on to the specifics.

Deadline to participate Friday 12/01/17

Deadlines to ship: internationally 12/15/17 / U.S. 12/23/17

Spending amount: At least $10.00, although you are welcome to spend as much as you want, keeping in mind you may receive less in return.

As we're rapidly approaching the holiday season I'd like to change this from a Secret Santa to a New Year, New Minimate exchange and set a deadline for participating of Friday 12/1. Its only a little less than a week and away but I want folks to be able to continue this tradition, even if a little late. I will get everyone matched and info sent out Monday 12/4 so you can start shopping/customizing/plotting.

Here's how to play:

Send me a PM with your name, shipping address, wish list, and whether or not you are willing to ship internationally. Also if there is anyone you do NOT wish to be matched up with (if there is anyone you have already been matched with either for Secret Santa or Birthday Elephanting). If you're cool with possibly being matched with someone again, no worries. Also please don't request to be matched up with someone specific. I'd like to keep this as random as possible, hence the Secret fun part. And doing this so quickly means little time to do the matching.

I borrowed this from last year's Secret Santa thread so I'm guessing on the shipping deadlines. If anyone wants to suggest changes, please do so. But for now I think 12/15/17 for international shipments and 12/23/17 for U.S. Shipments should be okay. I want everyone to receive their packages before New Year’s Eve.

Rules for participating: Members who have joined prior to today are eligible. If you're on the negative feedback list or stiffed someone in the past you're out. You know who you are!

I will post here after the deadline and matching is done, that way if I missed anyone you can let me know.

Any questions? Comments? Did I miss anything?

Only a day left to get me your info, everyone! I am excited to see what people come up with to exchange this year.

Okay, that ends the collection of participants. I will get everything sorted out and assign New Year elves to everyone by tomorrow morning. I will post again here after everything has been messaged out.

Okay. Everyone has been notified of whom their recipient is for the New Year, New Minimates event. Please let me know if anyone has any questions or needs me to ask a question on their behalf. Post here once you have received you gifts and let the guessing and envy begin!

• 2 weeks later...

We are one week from the shipping deadline! I hope everyone is having a good time creating and acquiring things to send to their recipients.

I have received word that at least one gift has gone out already. I cannot wait to start seeing photos of what gifts are shared.

Today is the day everyone should be sending out their New Year’s gifts, if you haven’t done so already.

If you have already received your gift(s), feel free to post what you got and your guess for who may have given them to you. 

I can’t wait to see what great things are given!

"The Devil opened up his case and he said, "I'll start this show"....."

i  got a box full of nice little presents a week or so ago, but held off on opening until today((xmas morning)

file

first up a nice quick custom of an " X-men elite scout" im not sure who/what that is exactly but its a very cool "Mate

file2

next a bag of lovely randomness

file3

some Vinis, Minis and the mysterious white envelope

file5

and in the envelope a beautiful drawing or The Mad Titan himself

file3

on the back of the drawing is a note thats says " secret santa signature enclosed! only remove if you wish to spoil your guess!

well I didnt and I dont ( i dont think i do anyway) Im pretty sure i recognize that artwork to be of JCASTICK  (if not ill have to look)

big Thanks to Jason (JCASTICK) for a wonderful gift!

Edited by Mattallica

Just received my gift today and what a treat!20171226_184609.jpg

Return to Hill Valley 2015 set, Floyd and Janice 2 pack, Luke toy store carry case, M&Ms and a Hershey bar. As well as a Hello Kitty card. 

Having done a bit of research, came across a previous post by a member who also once received an M&M candy cane, Hershey candy cane bar and a Hello Kitty Christmas card. So if my guess is correct, I'd like to thank homestar17 for the most thoughtful gift!

Thank you so very much!!

I finally got around to open my gift, which actually arrived before christmas. I was so excited that I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the wrapped gifts (sorry). 

First thing's first, I got some christmas candy

39348977742_0fb59bb25d_c.jpg

Then I got a much needed con exclusive TWD box set

39348977352_781c9259cc_c.jpg

And last but not least... the best of the best... over the top awesomeness.... A custom Grifter and Deathstroke 2-pack. I don't even want to take them out of the package.

39378607081_3d6c9f2602_c.jpg

Such a great haul! Thank you secret santa! 

Now, for my guess I am going with Mattallica. Thanks once again

We have only seen gifts from half the participants at this point. Hopefully everyone has received their gifts and will post soon.

My gift arrived, and it is full of awesome! It includes an 11th Doctor mini-figure in a vat of slime, a candy-pooping reindeer, a bottle of Evan Williams (one of my favorite bourbons), and the Sister Location FNAF building set! I have been wanting one of these sets for a long time, and I was very happy to open my package and see it there. :)

ecnGxSo.jpg

The reindeer candy-pooping action has been an endless source of amusement for my kids. :lol:

4ZRkIS0.jpg

The FNAF set is perfectly scaled for Minimates, and I can't wait to use it in more photos!

eG0KJeR.jpg

I think this is the first year that I can't figure out who my secret santa is! Usually I can figure it out from the return address (which was sneakily removed), or the contents. The only thing I know is that it was mailed from San Diego, but I can't remember which MMV members live there, and my MMV searches were all in vain. Whoever you are - thank you so much! I love it!

10 hours ago, luke314pi said:

eG0KJeR.jpg

I think this is the first year that I can't figure out who my secret santa is! Usually I can figure it out from the return address (which was sneakily removed), or the contents. The only thing I know is that it was mailed from San Diego, but I can't remember which MMV members live there, and my MMV searches were all in vain. Whoever you are - thank you so much! I love it!

That set is awesome! I've never heard of it before.

Sorry! I received mine a couple days back and hadn’t gotten around to upload. Also apologize for the image quality, I had to resize it and it wasn’t great to begin with. Anyway, thank you to my secret Santa! I absolutely love Deadpool, and all of these were on my want list that I haven’t gotten around to purchasing yet. Can’t wait to use the Ultrons for a nice army set. Thanks again! 

B6FB53DB-2AF7-4D9D-9128-1ED9EC9E175B.jpeg

So I received my gift right after Christmas, but I've been struggling to find a way to include pics with my posts (since the last update) -- so I apologize for my tardiness.

RI7K1ok.jpg

When I got my package, I was like, "what??" at the return address, because I couldn't figure out why someone's address would be an issue.  Then I opened it & everything made sense.

8r5DnP9.jpg

32FASuU.jpg

1qv2RgG.jpg

When I saw Pepper Potts, I freaked.  I have wanted that custom since IM3 & was super touched that Luke remembered from that long ago to make her for me.  Thanks again, Luke, for being AMAZING!!!