UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Supernatural Realm: Informal Character Poll #5

elhonez

Which supernatural character should be made next?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which supernatural character should be made next?

• Baron Mordo
    • Satana
    • Shuma Gorath
    • Nightmare
    • Modred the Mystic
    • Satannish
    • Brother Voodoo (classic)
    • Dormammu (classic)
    • Son of Satan
    • Shroud
  2. 2. What should the next supernatural army builder be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2017 at 05:46 PM

Son of Satan... ideally in his classic red caped look, not the leather pants and fire hair look... another classic Defender member. i'd like him and Hellcat to round off the team (and dream of the day when we actually would get a Gargoyle)

Mindless Ones are an obvious army builder that i'm surprised we haven't had yet

This round has been pretty fun - there's clearly a lot of desire for supernatural characters, and there has been a great distribution of votes (save for poor Satannish who, as of 48 votes, is another for the no-vote pile).

Our winners can be declared - Classic Brother Voodoo, with the Mindless Ones as the winning army builders.

brothervoodoo.giflatest?cb=20171127014739

Baron Mordo is first runner up, and Classic Dormammu pulled a photo finish for the tie

baronmordo.gif34757c8fb3f662d06e66f7afa10f6876.jpg

And we finish with a crazy 4-way tie for third place!

satana.giflatest?cb=20130813212756hellstormdaimon1.jpgCauchemar.jpg

Edited by elhonez

17 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Classic Voodoo and the Mindless Ones don't really interest me, but I'd definitely take Mordo.

Maybe it's just me, but once we've completed enough of these, I'd be interested in a poll of all the past winners.

BD, you're psychic! After 10 of these, I'm planning to do a Poll of Polls of all the winners. By the time we get there, it should represent a nice cross-section of the 616.

Mildly Off-Topic, but I would really like for the next Informal Character Poll to be as-yet-unproduced X-Men (Not Villains, X-Men Proper).

The last major unmade X-Man at the top of most of the old polls was Banshee, and we have 2 of him now. I'm curious to learn who the public see as the new frontrunner.

If you need a jumping off point for this poll, you can start with the 14 names on the wishlist in my signature, lol. (Blink has been made... but 616 Blink hasn't.)

I honestly think I'd limit it to X-Men proper, and leave out Splinter Teams. One could argue there's room for famous splinter-mutants who aren't-technically-X-Men, like Caliban, Strong Guy, Kane, Maverick or Pete Wisdom... but since we have most of the most popular proper X-Men, and don't have some of the standout splinter mutants (like they guys I mentioned)... I worry that popular splinter mutants would eclipse less popular X-Men and run away with the poll. And we still wouldn't have an answer as to who the most requested X-Man Proper is. If that makes any sense at all. (Wouldn't mind seeing a separate Splinter X-Team Poll for these guys though, now that I've planted the idea in my own head. I expect Strong Guy would win it, but who knows.)

Alright, don't mean to hijack attention from the mystics though, just thought I'd drop suggestion for the next informal poll in the current informal poll. Carry on with the sorcery talk...

Edited by Gillbob316

That's why I suggested pruning it back to just like... HARD X-Men. X-Men Proper. X-Men X-Men. (And yes, Mimic would count)

I'd eliminate half of Generation X for that reason. Many of them graduated to actual X-Men, such as Chamber, Husk... I think M was an X-Man at some point? (Maybe? She may have only ever been on loan from another team, like Madrox often was back in the day.) But the ones like Penance, Mondo, Synch, Skin, I'd say leave them all off, as none of them were ever actual X-Men, and most of them are dead.

I'd say Hellion wouldn't count either for that reason, since he's more a student/splinter team member... unless he was promoted to a real X-Man at some point and I'm just forgetting? It gets so confusing after Utopia. It's like every mutant on that island suddenly gained a claim toward being an X-Man.

I tend to use this list on wikipedia as a general guideline (that said, like all wiki's it's subject to user opinions and edits, so it's not infallible)...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-Men_members

I'd say any name not listed in section 1.1 through 1.3 is automatically out.

Section 1.1 has already been made in its entirety. I'd say any unmade characters in section 1.2 should be included except maybe the Deadly Genesis team since they're a retcon (not saying I wouldn't like to have them,  there are just more deserving proper, non-retconned X-Men). 1.3 gets really messy really quick. I'm tempted to say leave 1.3 out entirely, and limit a poll to 1.2. I could live without including a lot of characters from 1.3 on the poll, but I'd be upset to lose out on some of the modern recruits like Pixie, Xorn, Husk, Chamber, etc. They deserve to be on the poll, imo. Maybe cut it off at 2010? *shrug* I dunno. I personally push for Stacy X a lot, because I always loved her snakeskin design, though I admit, most people hate her, and she'd never win the poll, haha.

I dunno, I'm a huge X-Men fan (and I know I'm not the only one around here) so it would be extremely Sophie's choice for me  (Though I'd ultimately vote for Marrow, I can tell you right now)... that said, I'm VERY VERY curious to know who the multiverse deems the most essential unmade X-Man, with Banshee out of the way (My money is on Mimic or Nate, but who knows).

Edited by Gillbob316