UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Supernatural Realm: Informal Character Poll #5

elhonez

Which supernatural character should be made next?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which supernatural character should be made next?

• Baron Mordo
    • Satana
    • Shuma Gorath
    • Nightmare
    • Modred the Mystic
    • Satannish
    • Brother Voodoo (classic)
    • Dormammu (classic)
    • Son of Satan
    • Shroud
  2. 2. What should the next supernatural army builder be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2017 at 05:46 PM

The next poll is for some of Marvel's more prominent supernatural heroes and villains from the classic era, and this was one of the tougher lists to whittle down. I tried to keep it focused on Marvel's original characters - I'm leaving room for a possible monster poll down the line, which is why you may note the absence of Dracula, Frankenstein and the like. 

For the army builders this time you'll find the requisite Mindless Ones, as well as the demonic N'Garai, twins the Brothers Grimm, and the delightfully goofy looking Sons of Satannish.

xOqoZJO71ob5mbvDeyRidVoyuzoeqaKXlZVJXOaNNGarai-Demon-Marvel-Comics-Kitty-Pryde-a

Brothers-Grimm-Marvel-Comics.jpglatest?cb=20111016174935

Edited by elhonez

I picked Modred the Mystic because of his role in the Nights of Wundagore Avengers storyline. I almost went with Voodoo, but I don't particularly like his classic costume. I'd definitely like his modern "Doctor" costume though.

I picked the N'Garai demon for the army builder, although I wouldn't need more than one. It's partially that I'm more familliar with classic X-Men than Supernatural, but mostly that there's no way we'd get the N'Garai without original costume Kitty Pryde. One of her Dazzler-inspired costumes could be the variant.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

7 hours ago, Polarboy said:

these polls have really cemented to me all the good army builders seem to have been done except warwolves

we need the all warwolf wave

I also disagree. I think the problem is trying to shoehorn available army builders into selective groupings/polls. In that respect, sometimes it’s slim pickings. But overall there’s still quite a few classic army builders I’d like to see.

Lava Men

Mindless Ones

Alpha Primitives

Dire Wraiths

Sons of the Serpent

Warwolves

The Badoon

original Secret Empire

Those are just personal favorites off the top of my head. I’ve never cared about army building the Sh’iar but there’s another choice.

As for rehashes, put me down for straight reissues of AIM soldiers and Kree soldiers. I would love to have more of those guys and think they were done perfectly the first time around.

3 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

I also disagree. I think the problem is trying to shoehorn available army builders into selective groupings/polls. In that respect, sometimes it’s slim pickings. But overall there’s still quite a few classic army builders I’d like to see.

Lava Men

Mindless Ones

Alpha Primitives

Dire Wraiths

Sons of the Serpent

Warwolves

The Badoon

original Secret Empire

Those are just personal favorites off the top of my head. I’ve never cared about army building the Sh’iar but there’s another choice.

As for rehashes, put me down for straight reissues of AIM soldiers and Kree soldiers. I would love to have more of those guys and think they were done perfectly the first time around.

Agreed on multiple parts.  There are tons of untapped army builders, the Stepford Cuckoos, Multiple Man (original and X-Factor), plenty of alien races, purifiers, even police and SHIELD agents that still need love. I love the army builders and hope this gimmick continues. I'm not looking forward to the build a figure Quake but will be buying multiple of the chest piece since I have more lady agents that need to be made. 

6 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

that was a hard one to choose from. I would be happy with any of the main characters listed and the army builder mindless ones or brothers grimm all day long

I totally agree - it's a pretty deep bench here, lots of untapped potential. I'd personally love to see another boxed set like the Strange Tales one.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Personally, I'd prefer a more general Supernatural Marvel wave, maybe:

Doctor Strange (Astral/masked/black tunic) & Mordo

90's Ghost Rider & 90's Blade redos

Doctor Voodoo & Mindless One

Brother Voodoo & Mindless One

It'd mean less of Strange's supporting cast, but Blade and Ghost Rider seem more commercially viable to me.

No more Ghost Rider Minimates until DST gives us his motorcycle. I'd prefer a comic-based Man-Thing for a supernatural wave.

13 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I like Hellcat. Very tigerish.

9 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

More, or less, tigerish than Tigra? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Don't get me started on Lillith Daughter of Dracula. Those black and white marvel dracula comics had quite effect on a young me.  

13 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

More, or less, tigerish than Tigra? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Tigra's definitely more tigerish. It's the stripes. Still, Hellcat has the feline theme and yellow costume. She's pretty high on my priority list since Tigra already has a Minimate.

It hurt me a little not voting for N'Gari, as an X-Men guy... but... Mindless Ones somehow felt more essential. Maybe because I've beaten them up in so many Marvel Universe themed video games, I dunno.

Voted for Mordo on the character side. I've never really dove deep into Mystic Marvel, so a lot of those names are foreign to me. Of the few that aren't, Mordo seems most essential. I know of Brother Voodoo, but I don't know much ABOUT Brother Voodoo... other than his quasi-recent turn as Sorceror Supreme. I'm happy with the MvC3 Dormammu, so I can live without a classic one. Mordo's MCU Minimate, however, unlike some MCU mates, cannot pass for Comic Mordo in the least, so I definitely feel he's needed, as one of Dr. Strange's oldest classic villains.

Unmentioned Runner Up/Cheap Attempt at Turning this into an X-Men Poll: I'd like a Non-New Mutants Modern Costume Magik... OH! And God! I'd love Pixie! Pixie is one of the top 3 X-Men on my Wishlist, can't believe I almost forgot her. She qualifies as Mystic Marvel too! Haha... barely.

Edited by Gillbob316