UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Spider-Verse: Informal Character Poll #4

elhonez

Which classic Spider-Verse character should be made next?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which classic Spider-Verse character should be made next?

• Madame Web
    • Shocker (classic)
    • Jackal
    • Boomerang (classic)
    • Hammerhead
    • Swarm
    • Beetle (Abner Jenkins, 80s armor)
    • Molten Man
    • Tinkerer
    • Prowler
  2. 2. Which Spider-Slayer would you like to see as an army builder?

• Mark I (ASM 25)
    • Mark II (ASM 58)
    • Mark III (ASM 105)
    • Mark IV (ASM 106)
    • Mark V (ASM 166)
    • Mark VI (ASM 191)
    • Mark VII (ASM Annual 19)
    • Mark VIII (ASM 291)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2017 at 05:06 PM

Takin' it to the STREETS! Or, well, much less cosmic but no less weird: this poll is populated with varied and sundry A-ish and B-list Spider-characters left to be made. Oh, and a fun Spider-Slayer army builder poll!

The usual caveats apply: Classic = 1985 & prior, definitions of qualifications for this list will widely vary, blah blah blah yadda yadda fine print. If you don't see someone you like here, they probably just missed the cutoff. I expect this selection to be the most contentious to-date, but hopefully these are all characters we can agree should be made at some point.

And as is now customary, here's a groovy pic of the Army Buildin' options:

slayers.jpg

Clockwise (left) from Smythe:

Mark I (circular monitor)

Mark VIII (giant, purple: technically '87)

Mark IV (spider-shaped)

Mark VI (spider-shaped, smaller)

Mark VII (UFO shaped)

Mark V (boxy with tread feet)

Mark II (humanoid with spider-deco on chest)

Not pictured abovec: Mark III (spider-shaped, rounded head)

SpiderSlayer3.jpg

Edited by elhonez

I was torn a bit because Tinkerer is a very important character to the MU, but I succumbed to my love for 80s Beetle in the end. I'm still pretty high on the Marvel Legends version, which pretty perfectly executed the wings / wing coverings. Now I need my 'Mate.

I picked Slayer II because I remember seeing the issue (ASM 58) somewhere as a kid, and appreciating the creepy projection of JJJ's mug on the suit's faceplate.

Yeah, Spider-Slayers don't do much for me either. I went with Beetle and it wasn't really close since if we get Boomerang or another Shocker I'd much prefer modern looks. Still, I would buy any of those except for Madame Web, never really cared for that character.

It's got to be the Jackal. I mean, he's easily the most important Spider-character that hasn't had a figure. Even the Sin-Eater has a Minimate! Even his clone (Carrion) has a Minimate! He's also a little tricky to customize, unlike some of the other guys on this list. Prowler and Beetle would be next on my list. Swarm, by the way, is a super easy custom to make if you can get your hands on a Sunspot Minimate, and armored Psylocke for his cloak. I'd also throw Will O' The Wisp and Puma on this list. Still lots of great characters to be made from the Spider-Man corner of the MU.

I also voted for the second Spider-Slayer because it's the best design.

For the next poll, I'd love to see a list of Spidey's more... idiosyncratic friends and foes, like the March Hare, Frog-Man, Humbug, and Rocket Racer.:thumbsup:

A nice Spidey-themed Army Builder would be a henchman/thug type. It's been a while since the Mob Thug and I don't know if anyone besides me army built him...

You could switch out parts to make The Burglar (he had  pretty distinct look). It's possible you could swap something like Uncle Ben or Hammerhead out of it too. Or Crime-Master!

Edited by bigvis497

Yeah I went prowler, though beetle, jackal and hammerhead all went close.  The mark V spiderslayer was an easy win for me in the other category though.  I actually can't believe how few new classic spidey villains have been made in the last few years when there are still so many, but the current TRU waves seem to be addressing that, which is great.