UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Disney x Fox Talks

Gmonkey2k

I know at times they can be kind of dumb but I really enjoy the x-men movies and I dont like their future if they get folded into the wider MMU, I could be wrong but I would guess that Wolverine and maybe the Thing will turn up in the avengers (if they are still a thing after infinity war) and maybe the x-men will get a movie once every 4 or 5 years (if this superhero movie thing lasts that long) and it will probably be recast with all the boring mutants like cyclops, jean and logan.

• 3 weeks later...

Three words: A New Hope. Fox's Marvel film rights may be what everyone is hoping for but I would bet that Disney is also looking long and hard at getting the home video rights to the original theatrical cut of Star Wars Episode IV. That's really just about the only thing holding up fans getting the original theatrical cuts cleaned up and on Blu-ray and Disney making bank on the sales.

I've read a big part of Disney's interest was bolstering the catalog of its upcoming streaming service. Alien, Planet of the Apes, Avatar... and those are just the genre franchises. When you looks at Fox's list of highest grossing films, you can see the value.

I mean, who wouldn't want to corner the market on Borat?

Deadpool Minimates, absolutely. While I'm proud of my QC Colossus, NTW (despite loving her new look way more), and Vanessa, I'd love more official versions, as well as AjaxFrancis & Angel Dust, who I'm still not sure on how to piece together, not to mention Blind Al, Weasel, and Dopinder. Though I'd unfortunately have to sub in comic Domino in my display if we got the second movie as well. :confused:

As for Disney being in control, as long as they leave Ryan as Wade, and allow him to be filthy & violent, I'm fine with them rebooting the X-verse (use Deadpool as the start of it - Colossus is perfect, I love Negasonic, and while I'm super disappointed at what could have been for Domino, I'll take her as-is to keep Reynolds in the red & black).

I just really want to see Fantastic 4 done right. The second & third movies (everyone always forgets Corman was the first, lol) were close at least 2/4-3/4. Plus, (and I haven't finished Inhumans yet, so I don't know Bolt's fate yet, but) we could get the Illuminati with Reed & Xavier on board! :D 

My dream opening for a Deadpool film done under Disney is him frolicking around with cute animals and being all friendly until someone throws the poster for his own movie at him and he sees it’s still rated R and he goes “HOLY SHIT I CANT BELIEVE THE MOUSE DID IT” and then wildly starts firing his guns everywhere. One of the bullets hits a doe and you just hear from offscreen “We made it mother! We made it! We... mother?”

I feel like it’s the funniest joke that could open a Disney movie with Deadpool in it. It’s fucking dark as hell and it pokes at one of the most horrifying moments from any Disney movie  

I honestly think Deadpool is the one character who could make the jump from Fox Movies to the MCU without issue, simply because of his third-wall breaking, canon defying power. He could talk the problem away with an off-the-cuff remark and we could move on from there. I mean he does so in the first movie, mentioning the Xaviers, the timeline. Then there's the X-Men Origins Deadpool Action Figure. It's easy enough to explain away canon problems for this character.

I honestly don't need the supporting cast. I agree, Colossus is perfect, so I'd take him (though I'd prefer a more costumey costume)

The villains are meh. The movie Ajax was relatively uninteresting to me. Al and Weasel are okay, but if they recast them I'd get over it quickly. Movie Copycat wasn't even really Copycat, so much as a more generic love interest, which I don't even think Deadpool needs, and struck me as very Hollywood.

Angel Dust and Negasonic represent one of my biggest problems with the Fox X-Men movies, and that's how often they just take random characters from the comics based on their code name or power, completely re-invent them, or ignore anything about them from the comics, and throw them into plots/situations/stories/movies they have absolutely nothing to do with. It's rampant in Fox's X-Men Universe, and I friggin' hate it. I'd be fine with losing them in a reboot.

I don't have a problem with either character in a bubble, in fact I like Negasonic, and I agree, I love her Deadpool 2 look... she's just, frankly... NOT a character that even EXISTED in the comics (at least before the movie). Her powers were stolen from Cannonball. Her name was stolen from a largely different character, who wasn't an X-Man, and was also unrelated to Deadpool. BUT NOW... just to reconcile the fact that her cinematic counterpart was nothing like her comic book source, they've retconned the comic book Negasonic to be more like the movie Negasonic, so I guess I'm all turned around on the subject. BUT AT THE VERY LEAST... she started as something Fox mostly just made up for their movie. And I hate how much Fox does that for their X-Men movies. For every hit, there are 10 misses.

And yeah, while I obviously haven't seen her performance, I hate movie Domino's look. So we can sweep her aside too.

SO YEAH... if they wanted to reboot, keeping Reynolds, but pitching the rest... I'd be fine with it.

But if they kept the rest, I'd probably fine with it too, as that movie is removed enough from the canon of the other Fox films that it could probably work relatively seamlessly. Terrible Domino Design not-withstanding. ... Course then Brolin would be playing both Thanos and Cable, and I've heard the MCU tries to avoid using the same actor twice (though there are a couple exceptions to that rule... and since Thanos is mostly CGI, it could work)

Awwww yeahhhh. 

I know there's a shit ton of economically horrible things wrong with this (like how this is making a Monopoly out of Disney), but I'm just taking this at face value. 

WOOO X-MEN!!

WOOO FANTASTIC FOUR!!!

As I'm thinking about this as a real possibility I'm realizing I don't want the X-Men anywhere near the MCU. I kind of prefer them being separate, it just works better than all the contradictions of forcing them all together.

The Fantastic Four I would be glad to have.

I have no problem seeing the FF as a team of adventurers rediscovered after being lost in another dimension, college buddies of Hank Pym in the mid 60s. That would allow filmmakers to tell those fun B-movie tales in the era in which Marvel's First Family was created but still have them interact with current characters.

The X-Men are much harder to squeeze into a universe that hasn't even been allowed to use the word "mutant." They'd almost have to move the entire timeline forward 50 years. Erik's experience with Nazis in 1940s Germany could be replaced by ethnic cleansing in 1990 Bosnia. 

That said, I think Scarlet Witch may have a pivotal role in Infinity War, one that might lend itself to bringing mutants to the MCU in a satisfying manner.