UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cosmic Entities: Informal Character Poll #3

elhonez

Cosmic Entities: Informal Character Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which massively powerful cosmic entity should be made next?

• The Stranger
    • Shaper of Worlds
    • Eternity
    • Death
    • Grandmaster
    • The Living Tribunal
    • Champion of the Universe
    • The In-Betweener
    • Ego, the Living Planet
    • One Above All (Celestial)
  2. 2. Bonus: Which Kree military rank would you like to see next?

• Private (purple, no insignia)
    • Lieutenant (grey, planet insignia)
    • Major (orange, star insignia)
    • Colonel (blue, ringed star insignia)
    • General (red, supernova insignia)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2017 at 03:09 PM

After the first two polls resulted in some prime alien characters winning, Gladiator and Uatu the Watcher, I figured it was time to take this category head-on and see which of the most powerful beings in the 616 capture the collective interest of the MMMV forums.

And for kicks, the add-on Army Builder poll picks up where the old Kree Captain AB left off - what about those other military ranks?

77a567ba616d67185af47fe961a3bb7a.jpg

Edited by elhonez

Like Luke, I want an Eternity and a Living Tribunal, but definitely not in a minimate scale.  They need to be imposing and awesome; something that really encapsulates what they represent.

Instead, I went with elder of the universe and the former holder of the Power Gem:  The Champion of the Universe.  Give him a a couple of pairs of boxing gloves and then I can finally recreate my favorite scenes from Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7.  It is, in case you were wondering, the right choice in this poll.

That or Death because Thanos really needs a ladyfriend.

Great poll, Elhonez!

It was hard for me to choose between her and the Stranger, but I went with Death. Even outside of the Marvel line, we're overdue for a grim reaper Death minimate.

Comic Grandmaster would be solid too, and he might be more likely since he showed up in Ragnarok.

I don't know much about the Kree outside of Avengers Forever, so I chose the Private because that seemed like the best army builder.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

3 hours ago, JediJohnson said:

Nifty.  But a Nightmare for a completionist?

I'm saving Nightmare for a future supernatural poll. He'd make a great figure, and he's really made his way around the 616.

@funkguerilla you're speaking my language... a proper MTIO Annual 7 display has been on my wish list for a while. And with MiniMates, we're only a Champion figure shy of the roster.

real talk? I had to google most of these cosmic characters.
I'd be down for most of them, but I went with the One Above All. I know no-one wants a celestial at this scale, but I just love those old stylised Kirby designs. 
As runners up, I'd be keen on the Stranger or the Shaper.

20 hours ago, elhonez said:

I'm saving Nightmare for a future supernatural poll. He'd make a great figure, and he's really made his way around the 616.

@funkguerilla you're speaking my language... a proper MTIO Annual 7 display has been on my wish list for a while. And with MiniMates, we're only a Champion figure shy of the roster.

Also a nightmare for a completionist to obtain every version of Eternity, if they are all unique.

I went for Eternity when I voted, for all the reasons cited - I think it would be a beautiful MiniMate, semi-translucent with an interesting deco. A real design challenge.

...but I was this close to voting for the Stranger, a long-time favorite of mine. 

It's been over a week, time to call it. Despite cosmic characters winning the last two polls, we had a little less participation with this one - just under 40. I'll keep it open for a while longer, but the winners are:

Death_embodiment_Marvel.jpgace84928e9922822fd0f0a954cefb045--bullet

Death, who must be extremely frustrated with her inability to keep characters in her grasp in the 616, and the Kree military unit with the coolest chest sparkles. Much like Yelp reviews, the military army builder votes were (mostly) split among the smallest and largest values, with Privates getting the second-most votes. And of course, the runners-up:

81873-162394-eternity.jpglatest?cb=20170429174904latest?cb=20100811134425

Eternity, and Ego, the Living Planet. Ego enjoyed some recent exposure on a grand scale in his Kurt Russell form, so maybe that boosted his votes a bit. Or maybe we're all just curious about how this look would be pulled off in the MiniMate format? Update: ...and in our last few votes, the Grandmaster creeped in for a 3rd place tie with Ego! Looks like there's a little love for both GOTG2 & Ragnarok from the Multiverse here.

Thanks for voting! After all of this cosmic frippery, it's time to take things back to the streets. I sense a spider-poll in the near future...

Edited by elhonez

• 2 weeks later...