UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Moondragon is sold out! Thanks everyone!

18 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I don't want to take away from the run. Just thought it would be cool to properly display all three looks.

No worries - the extra bodies will not take away from the main run.

Hey @luke314pi,

I was thinking I had put down for an extra body, but my invoice was only for the base figure. Did I make a mistake? Is it too late. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Onyx_6 said:

Hey @luke314pi,

I was thinking I had put down for an extra body, but my invoice was only for the base figure. Did I make a mistake? Is it too late. Thanks!

That was my bad - I just sent a revised invoice.

13 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Your doing a good job with these lukey boy

Thanks! :)

Here are the details on the upcoming custom Minimate subscription option, which will run for 12 months, from February until January of next year. It will become available when I post my next custom during the first week of February. I wanted to share the details now so that you would have time to ask questions and save up money. Full payment for the year would be required in February, just like a Loot Crate or similar subscription. The benefits are a 10% discount, and not having to worry about getting a custom before it sells out. And once again, the subscription is completely optional - each custom will also be available individually each month just as they are now.

I will be keeping the actual characters a surprise, but I thought it would be beneficial to share which corner of the Marvel universe the character comes from, and also which era they are from. Here is what is included in the subscription, along with the standard price:

February: Callisto, Leader of the Morlocks ($20)

March: An X-Men villain from the 70’s to the modern era ($20)

April: A Daredevil villain from the 80’s who has been in various modern titles ($20)

May: A Spider-Man villain from the 60’s who has been in various modern titles ($20)

June: A Hulk villain from the early 80’s ($20)

July: An Avenger / Young Avenger from the modern era ($15)

August: A Spider-Man / Daredevil villain from the modern era ($20)

September: An Avenger who first appeared in the 70’s ($20)

October: A New Warrior ($20)

November: A Fantastic Four villain from the 70’s ($20)

December: A Spider-Man villain from the 70’s ($20)

January: A cosmic entity who first appeared in the 70’s ($20)

If you were to purchase them all at the standard price it would be $235. With the subscription you would save $23.50, which drops it down to $211.50. When you sign up you would have the option to have the figures shipped each month ($32 for the year), or for us to hold them for shipment with other items as the year goes on.

I am excited to make each and every one of these customs, and they will all include multiple accessories or display options similar to the ones I have already released. In most cases they are well-known characters, but there are a few more obscure villains that I picked because they will look amazing as Minimates, and because they were in the Marvel comics I loved as a kid.

Let me know if you have any questions!

How many subscriptions will you be accepting?

Will this influence the number available for non-subscribers?

Will you change your offerings if DST announces one of your planned characters?

I cannot wait to subscribe!

1 hour ago, Onyx_6 said:

How many subscriptions will you be accepting?

Will this influence the number available for non-subscribers?

Will you change your offerings if DST announces one of your planned characters?

I cannot wait to subscribe!

Great questions! I had planned on making 24 each of the customs on that list, so I would be limiting the number of subscriptions to 24. And if it gets that high (which I don't think it will), I will re-evaluate my parts situation, and will make a few more figures available for the non-subscribers. If it helps, I can post here if the subscription level is approaching 24.

I have 22 customs planned out, so if DST announces one of these characters I will swap that one out with one of the customs I had planned for the following year. For the benefit of subscribers I will try my best to match the era and corner of the Marvel universe of that character. 

15 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

That's a hefty chunk of change but totally worth it. So if we subscribe and get the monthly shipping the total is $243.50 correct?

Yep that is correct.

2 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Will there be any figures that will have a second body add on option like Moondragon?

Great question! There will be a couple of other customs that come with alternate heads/looks, and I would have parts to offer a second body. I will have to take care of that outside of the subscription, since I feel like people would need to see the character to decide. Subscribers would get 10% off the second body.

3 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Luke, if people can't get their hands on these and they sell out, any plans or way you'd be able to supply the stickers and recipes that you used for them to us to try and make our own?

I'm sorry but I won't be offering these as stickers.

I received another question via PM that I thought would be good information to share here. The subscription option runs from this February until next January, and then the next subscription would start again next February. You would not be able to start a subscription in March or any other month. 

• 2 weeks later...