Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, bilbofett said:

Luke, I also appreciate your dedication. I have about 50 customs "in progress", can't find the time to finish them. Hey I wanted to ask when the Thanos head is going to ship? Getting really psyched for endgame. Thanks.

I must have missed yours - I will get him shipped right away. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just giving you a heads-up that my next Marvel custom subscription will start the 2nd week of June. It will run for 12 months, from June until May of next year. Full payment for the year would be required in June, just like a Loot Crate or similar subscription. The benefits are a 10% discount, and not having to worry about getting a custom before it sells out. I will be keeping the actual characters a surprise, but I thought it would be beneficial to share which corner of the Marvel universe the character comes from, and also which era they are from. Here is what is included in the subscription:

June: An X-Men villain who first debuted in the mid 90's

July: An X-Men villain who first debuted in the 80's, and goes with June's custom

August: A late 80's Thor villain who returned during Fear Itself and Dark Reign

September: A hero who first appeared in the late 60's and has been in numerous Avengers/Defenders comics

October: This character was a part of Heroes for Hire and the Thunderbolts

November: An X-Men villain who first appeared in the late 70's

December: Originally this villain appeared in Fantastic Four in the 60's but has fought many other heroes

January: A member of the Masters of Evil

February: A former Hellion

March: A Spider-Man villain from the 90's

April: A member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard

May: An X-Men villain from the mid 70's, and later the mid 90's

They are $25 each, so if you were to purchase them all at the standard price it would be $300. With the subscription you would save $30, which drops it down to $270. When you sign up you would have the option to have the figures shipped each month ($32 for the year), or for us to hold them for shipment with other items as the year goes on. 

As with last year, in most cases they are well-known characters, but there are a few more obscure villains that I picked because they will look amazing as Minimates, and because they were in the Marvel comics I loved as a kid. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

4 hours ago, hellpop said:

None of these clues fit Speedball! :( I guess I need to bite the bullet and make him myself.

Not making any guesses myself yet, but I look forward to seeing everyone else's.

Correct, I don't have the parts to make him, sorry!

The member of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard has to be Gladiator, right? I mean, i guess it doesn’t have to be, but a boy can dream! I felt like June’s custom would be Exodus. But I don’t know who July’s would be. Would August be Malekith? And September be Hellstrom? I’m probably just projecting at this point, but i’m still excited! 

I'd guess Hellcat for Avengers/Defenders, Paladin for H4H/TBolts, Erik the Red for May.

X-villain from the 70s could be a lot of folks... Sebastian Shaw seems like low-hanging fruit. I sure hope Shi'ar is Gladiator. 

FF villain could be Dragon Man? Or Immortus (/Rama Tut)?

For many years I pined for a Hellcat/Nighthawk 2-pack.  And damned DST refused to give us the Hellcat we all clamored for!  Luke must swoop in and save the day.

Excited to see all the vintage X-villains Luke chooses.

On 6/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, NerdyTrev said:

Luke, is it possible to subscribe to this and get your name on the receiving list, but not have to pay for the year in full up front? Could it become like a monthly payment deal similar to like Netflix?

Honestly I am so busy, with very limited time for anything these days, that I need to keep the system as-is. Sorry!

I received other messages through FB and Instagram requesting alternate payment options for the subscription, so I will be adding an option to pay half upfront, and the other half after 6 months. I hope that helps! The next custom with optional subscription will go up on Sunday June 16th. 

Hey @luke314pi

First, happy Father’s Day! Second, what time do you think the subscription will start? I don’t want to miss out, but I am going to be very busy today. Thanks!

64IsqDz.jpg

v6agYJv.jpg

XQMEEXT.jpg

Today starts a new subscription year of custom Marvel Minimates! The subscription is still optional, and I have details below. The first figure is Bastion! He includes a head and torso for his Operation Zero Tolerance look and also his Uncanny X-Force look, including a wired backdrop. The custom Minimate subscription option will run for 12 months, from this month until May of next year. It will only be available this month (you can't sign up next month or any other month). You can choose to pay for the full year now, or half now and half in 6 months. The benefits are a 10% discount, and not having to worry about getting a custom before it sells out. And once again, the subscription is completely optional - each custom will also be available individually each month just as they are now. I am super excited for another year of customs to start! Here is the link: https://forms.gle/Tb7JQ15tt8PVB9To6

5 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Hey @luke314pi

First, happy Father’s Day! Second, what time do you think the subscription will start? I don’t want to miss out, but I am going to be very busy today. Thanks!

Sorry I didn't see this post until now!

So if Bastion is June and July is an X-Villian from the 80s linked to June... That’s got to be William Stryker right? Debuted in 1983(?) and recently came into possession of Nimrod’s gauntlet before being killed, resurrected by Bastion and sent after Hope Summers.

August I’m thinking Titania or Constrictor.

I was going to say, "Or Nimrod" but then I remembered there's already an official Nimrod minimate, a fact which momentarily slipped my mind, so that would be a rather lackluster custom choice.

And Mastermold is the only other Sentinel-y enemy I can think of and his scale makes him rather... not probable.

That said there are other potential candidates. There was a big crossover of anti-mutant villains a few years back... Stryker, Bastion, Donald Pierce... I want to say Cameron Hodge... maybe others I'm forgetting. Could be any of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ZgyyNWH.jpg

l5lXyD2.jpg

dwPLhvh.jpg

bldDtPz.jpg

My next custom release is a set of 2 - William Stryker and Mutant Protester! Stryker includes a pointing hand and a Nimrod gauntlet from his Uncanny X-Force run, while the Mutant Protester includes a protest sign. This custom set is a limited edition of 32. It will ship by the 3rd week of August, and possibly sooner. Reserve yours here: https://forms.gle/wNvJwF8d94n8S3Kt6

For those of you waiting for Bastion, he will ship in one week. Thanks for your patience!

• 4 weeks later...