UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No one got it this time - it was Ka-Zar and Zabu! 

hUXgylU.jpg

pi3W8MV.jpg

iwSprNY.jpg

zRdsxgX.jpg

Ka-Zar includes parts to make both his modern and classic looks, as well as a knife, torch, and baby dinosaur. The full set with Ka-Zar and Zabu is a limited edition of 22. And then I have an additional 20 of the Zabu accessory set, which includes Zabu and a baby dinosaur. The preorder link was sent out to previous subscribers / binge purchasers, and I will post the link publicly here tomorrow. :)

The full set with Ka-Zar is now sold out, but I do have some Zabu accessory sets left.

41 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

I run the risk of being wrong :no: or being perceived as snarky :nono: .....that's a Lego sabertooth (sabretooth) tiger which has lost its hideous lego 'spots' . It works well with a great custom .

Yep that's exactly right!

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

Zabu has typically been depicted as un-striped, so I may do a little further customization -- @Luke do you think an acetone solution would work on those? I'm unfamiliar with Lego decals.

I can try it out on an extra Lego piece and see. :)

EEVrPdC.jpg

I spent the entire day today sorting through thousands of Minimate parts for my upcoming customs. It was a labor of love, and a huge relief to have the next phase of my customs all planned out. I keep all of the parts for each character in their own white box, so that when I am ready to create the next release, I can just pull that box and everything is ready for me. Minimate on top for scale. 😁

9 hours ago, Nessex said:

Holy smokes! Are you telling me you have planned out the next 41 custom minimate characters? You're working 3 and a half years ahead?

Yes 😅 - the planning is part of the fun for me, and also the space that my custom supplies was taking up in my house was starting to becoming a problem. By breaking down all of the sets and sorting them like this, I was able to recycle hundreds of Minimate boxes and dozens of large boxes yesterday. Happy wife, happy life. 🤣

51 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

I may have an unfair advantage here, but, I do believe I know who it is. I shan’t say so I don’t ruin it for anyone else. I can’t wait for this one. Probably in my top 5 most wanted minimates of all time!

I appreciate that, as I 'm curious to see what people will guess. 🙂