Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Will this be the beginning of a new subscription year, @luke314pi? Or will that start after this?

I am changing things up this time. These last 2 years have taught me how unpredictable everything can be, and I don't want to commit to a subscription just in case I am not able to finish all of the customs, or drag it out over multiple years if I get behind. But I do want to still give my previous subscribers first dibs on new customs to make sure they can reserve the ones they want before they sell out. So starting with this custom I will be emailing my past subscribers and anyone else who bought the majority of my Marvel customs with the opportunity to reserve it 24 hours before it goes up for public preorder. If anyone would like me to use a different email address than the one I have on file for you, send me a message wherever we usually chat. 

It has not been guessed yet, but I didn't really expect this one to be guessed. Sometimes I go a bit more obscure, and this release is definitely a passion project for me, as the characters are from my favorite comic storyline when I was a kid. 

Maybe one of the GOTG crew and Krugarr? Krugarr would be doable with a Strange cape + painted snake bottom. If Krugarr were the half-fig, then Talon would be the main attraction. Both definitely pretty obscure, although Krugarr made a cameo at the end of GOTG vol. 2.

[edit: my thinking being this could explain the emphasis on "comic that a movie is named after" rather than a simple character-name movie like Thor, since the original comic GOTG were so vastly different than the movie lineup]

Edited by elhonez

On 1/14/2022 at 3:22 AM, elhonez said:

Maybe one of the GOTG crew and Krugarr? Krugarr would be doable with a Strange cape + painted snake bottom. If Krugarr were the half-fig, then Talon would be the main attraction. Both definitely pretty obscure, although Krugarr made a cameo at the end of GOTG vol. 2.

[edit: my thinking being this could explain the emphasis on "comic that a movie is named after" rather than a simple character-name movie like Thor, since the original comic GOTG were so vastly different than the movie lineup]

This is actually a really good guess. Luke has a soft spot of the GOTG and has done some exceptional customs of them in the past! 

Emails just went out. :)

This release is Doppelganger Captain America and Reed Richards! They were created by The Magus (Adam Warlock's evil side) during the original Infinity War event to replace or kill their real versions (Doppelganger Spider-Man from Marvel Minimates Series 76 was created at the same time). Reed's base is made up of orange tentacles because that is how these creatures form (see Iron Man pic below). This custom set is a limited edition of 40. 

Public preorder link will be posted tomorrow. 

KhGeI9F.jpg

3rlOXl4.jpg

dGkMYwu.jpg

Ff7xodI.jpg

eO8bVTS.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am nearly finished with Doppelganger Captain America / Mr. Fantastic. I expect my next Marvel custom to be up for preorder in the next 2 weeks. Here is a hint for my next character: This mutant has been a member of the X-Men, Generation-X, New Warriors, and New Mutants.

• 2 weeks later...

The preorder link for Chamber was just emailed to previous subscribers! After their 24 hour preorder window is up, I will post the link here for public preorder. Chamber is a limited edition of 40 and includes a scorched wall accessory.

pRyN2Jx.jpg

ThRvfaq.jpg

5cP3Uxn.jpg

• 1 month later...

Chamber is nearly finished - I have been sorting out some sticker printing issues. I expect him to ship in 2 weeks. In the meantime, here is a hint for my next Marvel custom: This character started out as a father figure to one of the X-Men, before turning to evil. The custom will come with extra parts to help you create another villain that this character once possessed, and who shares a similar name and look to this character.