UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, I have been unbelievably busy with my other business this summer, and it has left me with no time for customs. Gorr is currently about 30% finished. My workload will lighten up in August, so I expect that is when he will be finished, and then I can get to work on the next custom subscription. I have some of the designs completed already, as I worked on some ahead of time in 2020, and they are some really fun characters. I'm sorry for the delay!

12 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Gorr?

… is… he still purchasable or did I miss out?

Unfortunately he was very limited and sold out immediately - sorry! I can make more if you supply the parts I am short on - I would need a Neomorph or Teenage Neomorph from Alien Covenant (the Toddler and Chestburster will NOT work), a Predator Hound, and a Hooded Michonne hood.

I have my next 24 customs planned out. :)

I also keep a spreadsheet for what parts from each set I am able to use, and then I know what parts are available for future customs. For example, at one point I had 35 sets of Patch/Lady Deathstrike. So with my spreadsheet I knew that I could use Patch's upper body for Arcade, lower body for Black Tom, and Lady Deathstrike's hip piece for Jack of Hearts, one arm for In-Betweener, hands for Black Tom, and an upcoming use for her legs.

Here are some fun numbers: My customs have used parts from 90 different Minimate base figures so far, and let's assume each Minimate has 8 usable parts (hair, head, torso, set of arms, set of hands, hips/legs, set of feet, one accessory). That is 720 different usable parts available to me. I probably average 30 customs per release, so I am drawing upon a pool of over 21,000 Minimate parts to create these customs. 

16 hours ago, luke314pi said:

I also keep a spreadsheet for what parts from each set I am able to use, and then I know what parts are available for future customs. For example, at one point I had 35 sets of Patch/Lady Deathstrike. So with my spreadsheet I knew that I could use Patch's upper body for Arcade, lower body for Black Tom, and Lady Deathstrike's hip piece for Jack of Hearts, one arm for In-Betweener, hands for Black Tom, and an upcoming use for her legs.

Here are some fun numbers: My customs have used parts from 90 different Minimate base figures so far, and let's assume each Minimate has 8 usable parts (hair, head, torso, set of arms, set of hands, hips/legs, set of feet, one accessory). That is 720 different usable parts available to me. I probably average 30 customs per release, so I am drawing upon a pool of over 21,000 Minimate parts to create these customs. 

?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 5:18 AM, luke314pi said:

What an interesting peek behind the curtain Luke, just wanted to thank you for sharing :) also grand to see how far ahead you look, fantastic stuff mate 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:08 PM, Nessex said:

Oooooh - very excited. Will there be any X-Men characters/supporting characters?

5 out of the 12 are from the X-Men side of Marvel, although not necessarily from the main Uncanny X-Men / X-Men titles. I would say that among those 5 there is a healthy mix of different X-titles and years represented. 

17 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

5 out of the 12 are from the X-Men side of Marvel, although not necessarily from the main Uncanny X-Men / X-Men titles. I would say that among those 5 there is a healthy mix of different X-titles and years represented. 

Kid Gladiator or we riot! 
Super excited to see who you offer next, Luke. I always get so excited to whenever the new releases are announced. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need to create 60 of the Luke Crate custom first, which is an alternate look for a classic Spidey villain from the 70s. As of this writing I only have 3 crates left for preorder. 

Then I will either create the non-Marvel custom that I was planning, or move right into the next run of Marvel customs. I haven't decided yet. :)

• 2 months later...

New Marvel custom going up for preorder this Saturday! Actually it's really 2 customs, although the 2nd figure has a unique base instead of legs. I always try to make new characters that have not been made in Minimate form, so while these characters kind of look like existing characters in a way, they are not. They are from a comic that a Marvel movie is named after. 

I'm zeroing in on both the "named after" part and the "no legs" part.

• Named after a comic could refer to the subtitle, like "Age of Ultron" or "Civil War." Because otherwise, it would just be the common name of multiple volumes of a comic, e.g. "Guardians of the Galaxy" or "Incredible Hulk."
  • No legs could be energy bases, like Cannonball, or robot halves, like Shaper of Worlds or Bonebreaker. Or even snake tails like Bushmaster or Reptilla?

But then again I'm notoriously bad at guessing based on Luke's clues, so whatever I end up guessing, go ahead and bet against me. ;)

Infinity War, Civil War, Age of Ultron... I'm guessing one of these. But they are mostly past my era of collecting, so I don't know what modern characters would quality for the no-legs bit. Just thinking out loud, Ultron invites lots of robot-y associations, but heroes who turn half their bodies into golden powered streaks whilst they knock about are a dime a dozen too.

*I will note that the original Ultron, Ultron-1, had no legs and might be an interesting pack-in for an unmade figure from the AOU series since he/it appeared there. However, it wouldn't necessarily have a normal torso or arms either, so there's that.

2448445-4272.jpg

Edited by elhonez