UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I will be pushing the December release to January. This month was insane for me, and I fell behind on my customizing. I need this month to get caught up. For those of you with subscriptions to my Marvel customs, it will push it all back one month, with the final release in this subscription happening in February instead of January. I expect Namorita to ship in one week, and the Nuclear Man to ship in 3-4 weeks. Thanks guys!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/1/2018 at 10:53 AM, Freaqualizer said:

@luke314pi, thank you for the update! Make sure to take some time this holiday season to be with family and loved ones. That’s always important! 

Thank you! That is also part of the reason why I am backing off a little bit this month. 

• 2 weeks later...

Zach Luke - I just got my customs the other week and I am LIVING for them! 

I know you've had a couple of set backs in the schedule for this year, but over-all has this been a success for you? 
Follow-up question: Do you think you'll do this again next year?

Edited by Nessex

Haha I am honored to be freudian slipped with Zach. Yes I am definitely planning on doing this again next year. This current batch will finish in February. The releases in March, April, and May are a little different, and won't be part of a new subscription (optional as always). And then I will resume my usual releases in June. I have the full year of customs planned out from June 2019 to May 2020, with understudies in case something comes up, such as DST releasing one of the characters.

16 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Freudian slip Nessex ? 

Bah ha ha - I had to re-read my OP 3 times, looking for a 'there' instead of 'their', or something that accidentally sounded a bit bawdy before I realised what I had done. 
My apologies.

17 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Are you taking suggestions by any chance...?

I haven't taken suggestions yet because I am extremely limited by which parts I have available to make a run of 30-40 customs, even with the toy store. You guys can definitely offer ideas, and I will take them all into consideration, but unfortunately I won't be able to make 95% of them. With that said, feel free to go crazy with the suggestions. :lol: 

10 hours ago, bilbofett said:

90's X-factor multiple man? ?

I actually did consider him, but I have been trying to make new characters that have not been released in a different costume. Also I feel like this is a character that people would want 3 or 4 of, which I wouldn't be able to offer. What do you guys think - would you want him and would a one per person limit be ok?

14 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

I actually did consider him, but I have been trying to make new characters that have not been released in a different costume. Also I feel like this is a character that people would want 3 or 4 of, which I wouldn't be able to offer. What do you guys think - would you want him and would a one per person limit be ok?

You could always do a one per person, but create a multiple man backdrop with numerous others to include with him.

Here is a hint for January's custom: This Spidey villain was originally only in the late 70’s, but appeared again in 2015. 

29 minutes ago, hellpop said:

My suggestion:

Stingray-Marvel-Comics-Newell.jpg

I could see you doing something really clever with those wings.

Thanks for the suggestion! I also really like the Multiple Man backdrop idea. :)

• 2 weeks later...

January's custom will be the Spider-Man villain Iguana! He will go up for preorder on Sunday, January 6th. He will come with the Enervator machine that created him.

mk2fNw8.png

Mahkzimo the Nuclear Man is coming along very well, and should be shipping out around the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

egAHwy3.jpg

0yOOoXG.jpg

CRfmlTw.jpg

Iguana is up for preorder! He includes a broken restraint and the Enervator machine that created him, with a broken front where he escaped from it. This custom is a limited edition of 30, and the preorder link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/gyDq6MX1MBgrfQXt2 

Mahkzimo the Nuclear Man shipped a few days ago for those of you who selected individual shipping.