• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/6/2018 at 2:12 PM, luke314pi said:

February: Callisto, Leader of the Morlocks ($20)

March: An X-Men villain from the 70’s to the modern era ($20)- Black Tom Cassidy

April: A Daredevil villain from the 80’s who has been in various modern titles ($20)-Nuke

May: A Spider-Man villain from the 60’s who has been in various modern titles ($20)-Tinkerer

June: A Hulk villain from the early 80’s ($20)- Megalith

July: An Avenger / Young Avenger from the modern era ($15)-Stature

August: A Spider-Man / Daredevil villain from the modern era ($20)

September: An Avenger who first appeared in the 70’s ($20)

October: A New Warrior ($20)

November: A Fantastic Four villain from the 70’s ($20)

December: A Spider-Man villain from the 70’s ($20)

January: A cosmic entity who first appeared in the 70’s ($20)

Here's the list that Luke posted earlier this year; I added the names of who these turned out to be. We've still got what looks like some fun figures to come, and I think we now know that these could be anyone. Anyone want to speculate?

7 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Here's the list that Luke posted earlier this year; I added the names of who these turned out to be. We've still got what looks like some fun figures to come, and I think we now know that these could be anyone. Anyone want to speculate?

August's custom is now the October custom (a New Warrior) due to a parts conflict. I don't know if August's custom will be released this year or if I will be pulling in a custom from next year's plan.

I'm sure I'm in for whichever New Warrior it is, can't figure out which one I want most (leaning toward whichever character has the least chance of an official release).  I'm going to guess Speedball (much more of a classic character), but I want Night Thrasher!

Speedball is my hope, because he’s on my own list of customs to make but I REALLY don’t want to have to make those decals. That’s a lotta little circles! You enjoy that kind of design work a lot more than I do, Luke. ?

I feel like the 70s avenger will be Swordsman. Well, at least I hope it is! 

I wonder if the New Warrior will be a core team member or if it will be one of the later additions. Justice would be great. Or Night Thrasher. Or Speedball. I’d like to hope it could also be Darkhawk or Rage. 

My knowledge of the FF, sadly, isn’t the best. Maybe Trapster or Wizard or Psycho Man? But I think they’re from the 60s. 

I’m awful at guessing. 

6 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

I feel like the 70s avenger will be Swordsman. Well, at least I hope it is! 

He first appeared in the 60s (and joined the Avengers in the 60s too).

Avengers members who first appeared in the 70s: Brother Voodoo, Jack of Hearts, Mantis, Jocasta, Starfox and Sersi. Hellcat also can count towards this as while she first appeared in the 50s, her costumed identity as Hellcat first appeared in the 70s. I've discounted Captain Britain, Ms. Marvel, Nikki, Nova, Starhawk, Storm and Wolverine as they already have Minimates or wouldn't be defined as Avengers and also Moondragon as she was a few months ago.

Mantis, Jocasta and Hellcat are the only ones of these who were also members of the Avengers in the 70s.

Jocasta would go well with Stature to complete the Mighty Avengers line-up... Starfox, Sersi... both seem likely obvious choices too... Hellcat would also go with the previously mentioned Moondragon but I think Hellcat would be described as a Defenders member (or at least a member of both teams) if it was her. Brother Voodoo and Jack of Hearts being described as an Avenger, while true, would seem a bit purposely misleading.... another knock is Jack of Hearts is famously a very complicated design so that might be further reason it's not him. We recently got a MCU Mantis Minimate so that makes me feel less likely it'd be her.  The only one I think would be unfortunate would be Sersi... as she is definitely a good choice but the upcoming Enchantress in the Animated Line is honestly the perfect body for a Sersi custom.

I hope it's Jocasta.

Edited by AFMcGill

My guess for the Avenger was Starfox, as he just seems to fit in with Luke's tastes to me. Plus Viewtiful Joe's legs and arms make for an easy custom, and I think Luke has a bunch of them in stock. Jocasta is a fine guess though. I hadn't considered Jack of Hearts, but he does fit the clues, and I'd love to see him since (much like Speedball!) I want a Jack of Hearts Minimate without having to make him myself.

On 7/22/2018 at 6:48 AM, AFMcGill said:

I hope it's Jocasta.

I would be SUPER excited if it was. I always thought that was a very cool design. Who's hair could be re-purposed for her? 

Luke - are your figures all parts re-use, or do you/will you 3D print custom parts?

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

I would be SUPER excited if it was. I always thought that was a very cool design. Who's hair could be re-purposed for her? 

Luke - are your figures all parts re-use, or do you/will you 3D print custom parts?

They are all parts reuse, with occasional usage of Legos and sheet plastic. No 3D printed parts this year - my 3D printer isn't behaving itself. So no Jocasta anytime soon.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:47 AM, hellpop said:

Plus Viewtiful Joe's legs and arms make for an easy custom

I used Falcon myself for a stand-in (and maybe i'm biased having used it so long but his arms are even better for Eros... since they have the gold already... and other little things like the white shoulders and white in the crotch piece help... the one thing Viewtiful Joe has over it is the white boots).

tumblr_pcbg5xsGYm1vt2ynno1_540.jpg

5 hours ago, JeffBohn said:

NICE!  Skateboard and all?

Yep! 

8 minutes ago, Freaqualizer said:

Oh snap! Time for me to cobble together some other New Warriors!

I should add that the custom that I am planning on substituting for the one this month (that I couldn't make because of a parts issue) is another New Warrior, but it is not Speedball.

15 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

@luke314pi well played, sir. Well played. I’ll hold off on my cobbling until after it has been shown. Any specific time period for the 2nd New Warrior?

I still need to sort out the changes to my release calendar, so I'm not sure yet. Definitely before February, and my guess is before the end of the year.

28 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

Which Night Thrasher look? His original?

It will be this costume:

h5LJSl2.jpg