UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WAVE 76

Dave

14 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Luke designed a Psylocke with crimson dawn tattoo decal a few years back. I still might have one if you want it. I would have to go through all of my decals and double check.

Tat is ridiculously king of you to offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m thinking the plan a year ago was quite different than what we’ve seen. The Avengers 1,000,000 BC assortment doesn’t seem like a Walgreens wave. That’s something that fits specialty. 

Either way, even with the loss of TRU, Marvel Minimates seem pretty abundant. 

The funny thing is that the illustration of Spidey on the packaging could really use one of those FWIP! hands.

While I really have no use for Venom as a character, this is a pretty cool assortment. Carnage could have used a different expression but Cloak & Dagger are excellent upgrades. Shriek is lovely. Doppelgänger is a nice addition.

Oh...

Nice flaming vehicle for Demogoblin, too.

?

Thoughts after having these in hand:

Spider-Man: The eyes are centered and almost opaque enough to not see the webs behind them so I'm satisfied on that front. The thwip hands are great to finally have and the sonic blaster is a nice story-specific accessory. This is my favorite comic Spidey in quite a while.

Black Cat: I'm impressed that the chest tampo is thick enough that it doesn't look gray because of the black plastic underneath. This is often a problem so good job by DST.

Venom: Characters with the build of an early 90's Venom are hard to translate to a minimate with the parts available. This isn't an example of a good solution. At least we have many others Venoms to choose from.

Doppelganger: The eyes and mouth on my minimate are printed drastically off-center to the webs. The six-arm harness doesn't hold the arms any better than on previous figures but otherwise it's a very nice figure.

Cloak: Nice figure, the more dramatic cloak should make it display better than the old minimate.

Dagger: An excellent update, I especially like the pearlescent plastic.

Carnage: If we didn't have the last Carnage this figure would be fantastic, as it is it's disappointing. It's inexcusable that the face print couldn't be changed up slightly. I suppose the new hands are a slight improvement but overall this is an inferior minimate to the Tendril Attack Version.

Demogoblin: The face print is excellent. It appears the ragged boot top tampo was changed to all red in production which hurts the figure a little. The fiery glider is an excellent sculpt but the foot peg doesn't fit very tightly so it's going to be a real challenge to pose Demogoblin on it. Also, when I bend the right knee the plastic is tan instead of blue so he can't be posed in a crouch without looking awful. Those issues suck the excitement out of an otherwise very good figure.

Shriek: Like Black Cat Shriek's tampo isn't printed very well on the black plastic. The only issue I have is that the black around the holes for the hand pegs is very visible. Shriek doesn't suffer for lacking any accessories so I think she was a good choice for a BAF.