UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WAVE 76

Dave

15 hours ago, CortherX said:

i would love a wave similar to the Hellions idea, but with Generation X. their uniforms are identical so it wouldn't take a lot.

BANSHEE/EMMA FROST with mini GATEWAY

JUBILEE with pieces for HUSK/SYNCH with pieces for CHAMBER

M/PENANCE with mini DOA

SKIN/MONDO

build a figure EMPLATE.

It's a dream wave that I don't think we'll ever see... but I would be very happy.

*sigh* Yes, please.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

*sigh* Yes, please.

This hurts my heart that it isn't a thing.  Especially with how cool Husk's powers would be in minimate form.  Actually come to think of it it's sad we don't get more weird Rogue love like a colossus face or nightcrawler face with her.

As I've oft said... I'm one of the bigger X-Men fans around here (though I know we have a few)... and honest to god... I could care less about the Hellions. They kinda came and went before my time, and they're not an area I've ever really explored through back issues. Furthermore the bright pink unitard costumes aren't the most unique or striking thing I've ever seen. The ones I've heard of, I know better as members of New Mutants or X-Force and the like (most of whom have minimates)... the ones I haven't heard of are mostly obscure and/or dead characters I don't really want or need.

I don't really know why we'd need New Mutants uniforms with swappable heads at this point either. Didn't we mostly already get those? I think a non-techno Cypher was about the only one we didn't get already.

Now Generation X... interests me in a lot of ways. But I don't think they're one of the more particularly well remembered X-Teams. They were there for a while... they were never the most popular, or enduring X-Team... some of them have been killed off since, some have stuck around as secondary characters playing backup roles to bigger X-Teams. I don't see where they'd make a particularly exciting wave, and I don't figure they'll ever realistically get a wave, but as an X-Geek... I'd be happy to get them. Truth be told, I'd be more happy to get the surviving members in more current looks, than I would to get them in their original Red Uniforms. I'd rather have a Modern Chamber, a Modern Husk and a Modern M, that I could display amongst my other evergreen X-Men. I'd take Skin, Synch or Penance happily, but they'd be a secondary priority for me over the living members. I never had much use for Mondo, but I got into the book after he had already been revealed as an imposter/betrayer... so even though I then later read back issues... I've always sort of disconnected him from the team, in my mind.

In any event, I don't think Gen X has the star power to ever support its own wave. When Emma Frost is your most noteworthy character in a wave, that's probably a problem. When Jubilee and Banshee are your second most noteworthy, that's an even bigger problem. The best I think we could ever hope for is to get the occasional intermittent Gen X'er packed in with a more popular X-Man. Which is why I hold out more hope for getting Chamber, Husk and M someday than I do the whole team.

I would prefer to see a 90's X-Factor wave first before a Generation X wave. I am surprised that we haven't seen an X-Factor wave by now. I keep thinking of making customs of the team, but think that we will probably get them at some point so I keep putting it off. Something like this:

Havok/Polaris,

Strong Guy/Wolfsbane,

Val Cooper/Exodus, or Haven, 

Multiple Man/Quicksilver,

Multiple Man/Random.

So a lil back on thread I have been researching the where are they now just to figure out where I would place some of these folks and found this interesting: Shriek later appeared as a secret ally to Kraven the Hunter at the time he was leading the NYPD's SWAT Team into hunting the human-dinosaur hybrids living beneath New York City. She made herself known where she used her sonic attack on Venom and then collapsed the ceiling on him much to Kraven's annoyance. Shriek stated to Kraven that he can have the head of Eddie Brock after their mission. Maybe we will get a new Kraven.

58 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Shriek later appeared as a secret ally to Kraven the Hunter at the time he was leading the NYPD's SWAT Team into hunting the human-dinosaur hybrids living beneath New York City.

This is an awesome sentence.

Kraven would seem like a great candidate for the next major Spider-Man villain to get updated. And, as I mentioned in another thread, they could throw in a Chameleon head as an accessory.

if i can't get a Gen X set, I would gladly take Chamber as he's appeared recently, like in Gen X and Phoenix Resurrection. I'd like M in either X-Men or Uncanny X-Men looks. Husk... hasn't had a lot of great looks since.

Mondo was introduced late and revealed as a bad guy only 14 issues later... but he was in all the early promotional art and a couple different X-Men card sets so he was still around from the beginning. i remember reading Generation X #25 when it came out, and being shocked. it was such an intense issue, and I did not see Mondo's betrayal coming, even with some of the hints in earlier issues. Generation X, when it first came out, was a hot book. It's sad it fell so far to the way side. I hope Marvel gives them another chance, and focuses on the surviving memeber and not a bunch of new students.

On 2/24/2018 at 1:34 PM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I would prefer to see a 90's X-Factor wave first before a Generation X wave. I am surprised that we haven't seen an X-Factor wave by now. I keep thinking of making customs of the team, but think that we will probably get them at some point so I keep putting it off. Something like this:

Havok/Polaris,

Strong Guy/Wolfsbane,

Val Cooper/Exodus, or Haven, 

Multiple Man/Quicksilver,

Multiple Man/Random.

STOP TEASING ME. :(

Chamber probably needs to be a stand alone character. While he was sometime drawn wearing the uniform, he was more often in black pants, a jacket (of varying lengths) and his bio-blast thingy. 

M & Husk could likely overlap with head-swaps... i'd really love to see a couple of 'husked' limbs for Paige though. Maybe a diamond arm and a metal arm with fragments of the uniform tattered across the shoulders?

I'd be totally here for an X-Factor wave too. ESPECIALLY if we managed to get Haven!!! That would be the most wonderfully obscure X-villain. 

It's essentially the same costume as the TRU Quicksilver:
Quicksilver gives the Blob the ol' run-around.

He did briefly have a more X-Factor-esque costume, but it didn't last long:

X-Factor%2B%252393%2B-%2BQuicksilver%2Bcostume.png

Truth be told, I just think that Quicksilver is probably now the most recognisable character in X-Factor to the average punter, and so DST would likely want to use him in a wave. I'd be totally fine with him being replaced with someone much more obscure villain. Maybe Cyber or one of the Nasty boys? But i can't see DST seeing Hairbag as a good investment. LOL.
I still don't think DST have totally nailed Quicksilver's hair yet either.... It needs to be closer on the sides for 90's X-factor. Perhaps painted directly onto the head of the figure, with just the top part sculpted?

13 hours ago, Prowlar said:

It's been a while since I went through my back issues, but I thought Quicksilver used the updated dark blue and white suit from his 90's series.

Nah that costume came from the Crossing (another line of figs I want). 

• 1 month later...

According to the product description:

Let the carnage commence! Celebrating its 15th year, the Marvel Minimates line has dedicated its 76th assortment to the epic Spider-Man crossover, Maximum Carnage! Four specialty-exclusive 2-packs make up the assortment - Spider-Man with Black Cat, Venom with Doppelganger, Carnage with Demogoblin and Cloak with Dagger - and if you collect all four you get the pieces to build Shriek!

I'm really liking this wave. I like that we have got quite a few Spider-man waves lately (or Spidey related minimates). I still wish they would release a new Kraven, Vulture, Scorpion, and Electro though. Hopefully they concentrate on something other than Spider-man, X-men, or Avengers for the next wave. I think we are way overdue for a Hulk wave. We could us a new Leader and Abomination minimate. Plus throw in a bearded Doc Green Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Totally Awesome Hulk, and maybe a Wendigo minimate or a new Rhino minimate.