UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WAVE 76

Dave

You know, every time a Comic Wave comes out I'm reminded why I like this line so much.  There's something about the format and the simple lines of those classic costumes (and even most of the newer ones) that just work so well together.  it makes me wish we lived in a different timeline where instead of every MCU movie getting it's own wave of boring civilians and "Realistic" takes on the costumes we got a comic waves that were inspired by the movie.

As for this wave specifically, I think the standouts for me are the Demogoblin (though I echo Stack's thoughts on the glider), The Doppleganger, and Carnage's hands.  It's a real fun wave and even though I'm kinda set for standard issue spidey's for the time being and didn't really need ANOTHER Black Cat so soon, I'm happy to have them if it means I could get the rest of the figures.  

Great stuff.  Now hopefully there isn't another 8 month(ish) gap between comic wave again.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We announced Walgreens would have these at our panel at SDCC. Even had a tag in the case. It's been discussed pretty extensively in the TRU 26 thread. No surprises here. Well, maybe one.

Hopefully the surprise is online orders ;)

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

We announced Walgreens would have these at our panel at SDCC. Even had a tag in the case. It's been discussed pretty extensively in the TRU 26 thread. No surprises here. Well, maybe one.

That there are 4 packs in this wave instead of 3...???

Edited by OvenproofBug6

It's almost like it should have its own thread.

After flipping through my copy of Maximum Carnage I think Shriek would have benefited from some kind of sonic blast accessory. Demogoblin is a little disappointing after looking more closely at the art, he really needed new sculpted parts to accurately depict the hood and cloak. I'm okay with what we have but it's definitely a compromise. I think we can also see that the BAF comes at the price of some accessories because things like unmasked heads for Carnage and Venom would be more than justified by appearances in the story.