UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WAVE 76

Dave

4 hours ago, Nessex said:

YAASSSSS! Thank you  DST!!!!

Shriek, Demogoblin & Doppleganger have been wants of mine for a while, and I'm freaking stoked about them. There is some awesome new sculpting in this wave. Doppy gets little minimate claws for all his hands. Goblins Glider looks awesome! Cloak even has a new .... cloak. It looks like Carnage gets Lady Deathstrikes hands too, which are perfect for him! 

Great distribution of characters, too. Male, female, villains, heroes, new characters, updates of classics. It's a decent mix. 

I know this is not the full line-up from Maximum Carnage, but it's the bigger players. I wouldn't rule our seeing the supporting cast showing up in the future either. We have already seen carrion at TRU. Stay tuned - I reckon Deathlok will be at TRU in the near future! 

Pretty sure the doppelganger hands are reuse of nightcrawler 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, JoeyCrypts said:

I'm loving th Spider-Man love, but as an x-fan I cant help but feel a little miffed that when x-men get 3 waves in within 10 waves of each other theres a lot of complaining yet nothing when Spider-Man seemingly gets 1 main and 3 TRU waves in a row all for himself.

I don't remember a lot of complaining about X-Men waves, but there seem to be complaints about this wave as well, particularly about repeats of Black Cat and Carnage (and Spidey, really).

Although, really, TRU 24 was not a Spidey wave. Scarlet Spider, Carnage and modern Black Cat was half the wave, but Thor, Collector and Gwenpool are pretty far from Spidey. Series 26 is also not a Spidey wave, it has Iron Spider and Spot, a character who has fought Daredevil and others. The others are X-Men and Iron Man characters. Technically, neither series  had Spider-Man in it. 

I'll probably end up getting the whole wave even though I don't really need another Venom or a very similar Carnage to the one I have and I just bought the Torment Spider-Man but I feel I'll want this one for the thwipping hands and so it can look right next to Doppelganger (plus he comes with Black Cat who is a must-buy! Was so disappointed when her re-do was her modern costume and now they've spoilt us for Felicia with her 90s costume). Maybe we'll get a complimentary TRU exclusive two-pack down-the-line with Firestar and Classic Iron Fist or Deathlok ... like when they did that with the Iron Man / Ronan two-pack for Infinity. 90s Morbius would be cool but I'm still aspiring to one day finding the awesome Marvel Zombies one loose...

I wonder if Minimates menagrie will sell the build-a-figures loose and built lol... 

21 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

These look neat! I really hope they include some mechanism for Cloak to be just a floating Cloak and head. An extra extra-large billowing Cloak piece would be awesome, but I would settle for an extra tall float stand.

Do you remember the ToyBiz Dr Strange and how his cloak would bend so that the figure could “float” in it? I hope it is something like that for Cloak here. 

1 hour ago, MisterMiracle said:

You could ask on here or ask in the two Facebook Minimates groups.  I'm sure someone could've helped you out.

LL3lXl7.gif

I usually check with a couple people on here when I need something, but for the most part I just buy the things I need when I need them. I can afford to, and it saves time and hassle. This one's a bit rare, so I didn't want to bother with a long hunt.

I just flipped through my copy of Maximum Carnage and, yes, she's wearing the black jacket costume.

Whenever DST does larger eyes for Spider-Man they seem to end up a little low on the head, which I understand is difficult since there's only so much real estate to work with. Still, this is the Spider-Man of my youth so as long as the webbing doesn't show through the eyes too much this will become my default Spidey. The sonic blaster is an excellent accessory too.

My only real disappointment here is that the problems with Venom and Carnage are things I would just assume DST would get right. Of course Carnage would have a new face, but it looks like he doesn't. Of course they would design an excellent Venom, except this one is a weirdly proportioned mess that's missing his tongue.

Image result for mAXIMUM carnage team venomYes, Firestar was in her 90s red and black costume. The Team Venom members we haven’t specifically gotten in this wave are Classic Iron Fist, 90s Morbius, Deadlok and Captain America. For Team Carnage we got everyone if you include Carrion from the toys r us. The 90s Avengers also appear in this comic with Classic Vision, Grey suit Black Widow, Black Knight with jacket, Thunderstrike, Sersi 90s Avengers red and black costume, and beardless Hercules.Image result for avengers sersi

To me, I look at that picture above and Venom in this wave looks perfect! He was drawn with a more muscular upper body than Spidey and everthing else is the same size. I can see people's point, but I think it works in this case.

It's like if we ever get a Strong Guy figure, he's usually porrayed with a massively built core but normal wrists and hands. This to me is a great way to get that in a figure.

18 minutes ago, Chigarillo said:

To me, I look at that picture above and Venom in this wave looks perfect! He was drawn with a more muscular upper body than Spidey and everthing else is the same size. I can see people's point, but I think it works in this case.

It's like if we ever get a Strong Guy figure, he's usually porrayed with a massively built core but normal wrists and hands. This to me is a great way to get that in a figure.

I don't know how you can look at that new venom and think it looks like the art. Also I think you and I remember strong guy differently. He always had a jacked upper body and tiny lower body 

9 hours ago, Scorpion said:

Image result for mAXIMUM carnage team venomYes, Firestar was in her 90s red and black costume. The Team Venom members we haven’t specifically gotten in this wave are Classic Iron Fist, 90s Morbius, Deadlok and Captain America. For Team Carnage we got everyone if you include Carrion from the toys r us. The 90s Avengers also appear in this comic with Classic Vision, Grey suit Black Widow, Black Knight with jacket, Thunderstrike, Sersi 90s Avengers red and black costume, and beardless Hercules.Image result for avengers sersi

Well, Black Knight is easily done...