UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WAVE 76

Dave

I love that more obscure Spidey villains are getting attention again with these recent waves. I'm really excited for these mates. Especially Demogoblin and Shriek. Not to mention, we're finally getting thwip hands!

I hope this trend of obscure Spidey villains continues and we soon get a Prowler, Jackal, Morlun, Spider Slayer, Tombstone, Tinkerer, Silvermane, a new Silver Sable, Puma, and many others.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the only mate i'm really feeling from this wave is Cloak. I'm not excited for Dagger, tho. I'll need to see them up close, but she looks like her first mate with Disco Dazzler hair. I even did the same thing with Longshot's throwing knives.

I don't know anything about Demogoblin and that Carnage isn't different enough from Luke's (as has been pointed out by everyone) so that's a pass. I'm not sure what's going on with that Venom, I hope they're not changing the way they do bulked up mates... I really like the bulked up piece they've been using recently, like on Space Knight Venom.

Ok that six-armed Spider-Man is pretty sick, so I'll probably need him. I never picked up the first one.

I might be more excited about Black Cat if she wasn't still on the shelves at TRU, but I do think this is a great classic look, definitely better than the Friends and Foes version. But... is that the same hair piece Ms Marvel and the first Dagger used to have? I hope that piece doesn't start popping up on all the women again.

We've been getting a lot of Spider-Man lately between this, tru 24 and tru 25 (and some of 26). I'm surprised we haven't got comic book Black Panther, or Avengers with their movies coming up. What was the last X-Men wave we got... Brotherhood/Strike Force and Brotherhood box set?

I'm wanting to see, what they do with venom. the problem I have with bulked up mates is they are all the same size. but in comics, Hulk, Colossus, Venom, Thing, aren't so experimenting with different ways is cool with me,.

I've always preferred my carnage to be clawed rather than blobby tendrils hands, so glad to see them, but not changing up the paint is kinda crap

BC's hair is wave 34 Jean in White, dagger is rocking the Disco Dazzler/Siryn hair and Shriek's was first seen on TRU14 Storm, so glad to see they're not resorting to the same generic hair with the girls like the have with the guys.

I'm loving th Spider-Man love, but as an x-fan I cant help but feel a little miffed that when x-men get 3 waves in within 10 waves of each other theres a lot of complaining yet nothing when Spider-Man seemingly gets 1 main and 3 TRU waves in a row all for himself.

over all I can only see 7 new sculpted pieces, Demo-Glider, left and right Carnage claw hands, a new carnage extended hand/blob, Clawed feet, Cloaks Hood, Cape and the Spider-man Blaster. If venom is a new style of bulked up then that adds a few, and the clawed/thwip hands on the spider-men just look like re-uses on the wave68 GSXM nightcrawler. with the hairs, longshot throw, blackcat fur, carnage axe, arms and pumpkin bomb hand also reuses its a good mix of old and new that I appreciate

so overall its an interesting wave, with New Characters, some needed redos but also quite a few unnecary additions, but I suppose you cant do maximum carnage without carnage and venom. even if its just another venom that they try something new with, just to justify his inclusion and not make him the same as the others. I'd have much preferred a classic Iron FIst Redo and our first Deathlok, and with TRU26 only needing the X-men members announced it doesn't look like we'll be getting them there either

Only thing I don’t like about this wave is that Carnage’s face is the same as luke’s set. It’s a good face but I’d prefer if this release had a pissed off face like the one In the bottom panel here. 

646518303620a5d1856339c4cf48e9ca._SX1280

Other than that this wave is six levels of HELL FUCKIN YEAH. Especially Demogoblin. 12/10 on that little bastard. 

Edited by Trekker 42

7 hours ago, Dannii said:

In fact I don’t know how much they cost nowadays but I still think that they didn’t deserve a redo. 

You can buy a set from Luke for $10 .  

I love this wave , I do have reservations about certain things but it's a good wave.

Cloak & Dagger appeared in Wave 23, 9 years ago . Compare the style of the Minimates in Wave 23 to the style of those in Wave 24 & the 'sea-change' is almost spectacular . It's been spoken about many times on here but it is no coincidence that this period also saw the first TRU wave .   Most everything else before M24 has been re-released in some form or another so this is almost predictable

Did Cloak & Dagger deserved new Minimates ?  Perhaps but I personally wouldn't miss them .

10 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

The Cloak figure looks like a definite upgrade from the old figure. His cloak just looked kind of sad.

The Dagger figure... You can't really make many improvements on because her costume is just kind of boring. This looks to fix the one issue with the old Dagger though, that being a representation of her light daggers.

My biggest gripe with dagger is her face. I absolutely hated it. She's had another head pretty much since I got her, though she's missing the ring around her eye 

I'm not complaining at all about Cloak and Dagger, as they were two characters I'd only just mentioned over in the "characters most in need of an update" thread as being fairly out of date and lacking in detail. And being that they've been X-Men for at least some tenure of their comic book lives, they feel A LITTLE bit like getting X-Men updates to me, which I always like. Haha.

I honestly never read Maximum Carnage, but I did see all the tie-in merch, and play the genesis game, like every kid in the 90s, so I'm fairly familiar with this cast of characters in that respect alone. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about Shriek, Doppelganger and Demogoblin at the end of the day... but I do recognize them as the supporting Maximum Carnage cast, haha. And I'm happy to get 3 new Spidey Villains in one quick swoop.

As re-releases go, I'm A-Okay with that Black Cat. We all know the first Black Cat minimate had problems, and I'm frankly not a fan of her modern costume, so the new one, while a decent minimate in and of itself, wasn't doing much for me. THIS is the Black Cat I've always wanted.

That Venom is looking really weird at a glance, but we have enough decent Venom Minimates that they can afford to be weird with him once.

Spidey & Carnage seem like nothing to write home about, comparable to past releases for the same characters, but at least with some new accessories to appreciate. But... then again, they're the anchors for this wave, and kinda needed to be in it. So. As per usual in the world of collecting minimates, alright, I get it.

However... CHRIST does this make me want the Life Foundation Symbiotes. I know they're not part of Maximum Carnage, but being that the Separation Anxiety video game was a sequel to the Maximum Carnage videogame, they've been cemented together in the same legacy of Childhood Nostalgia, in my mind. Furthermore Marvel Legends has recently unveiled prototypes for upcoming Lasher and Scream figures, which has me salivating all the more. I have a lot of love for those five random throwaway Symbiotes, haha.

Edited by Gillbob316

4 hours ago, winkerbean said:

I would have preferred Deathlok, Firestar or even Spawn...... i mean Nightwatch, what the hell happened to Nightwatch?

NIghtwatch showed up in the Charles Soule She Hulk run as a weird manipulator type person. Though he was just in a regular business suit, and not his future-tech nonsense that makes him so awesome.

Also also, unrelated to Nightwatch, I'm totally digging this wave even though it means I'll have to deconstruct my quick custom of the Doppleganger. 

These look neat! I really hope they include some mechanism for Cloak to be just a floating Cloak and head. An extra extra-large billowing Cloak piece would be awesome, but I would settle for an extra tall float stand.

16 hours ago, Dannii said:

Not sure if a redo of Dagger, Cloak, Venom and Carnage is that necessary at this point, although I understand that it would make no sense a Maximum Carnage wave without them. I like the new figures though...

It would be nice getting Deathlok and a new Iron Fist... and a new Firestar too. 

Agreed with a two pack of Deathlok and Firestar. As for Cloak and Dagger with their TV show coming out this may be great timing for the figures. I'm excited for them all but the lack of Firestar saddens me.

20 hours ago, youbastards said:

Maximum Carnage!!!

Those Bagley eyes on Spidey look great!

Too bad Deathlok didn't make the cut, maybe we can get him in a TRU wave with updated classic Iron Fist.

maximumcarnage.jpg?format=1000w

Absolutely agreed. Classic Iron Fist, Deathlok and Firestar would’ve been excellent. 

I know they’re important to the set/story, but it’s actually Venom and Carnage I’m the least excited about. 

Love that Sonic Rifle that Spidey comes with!

YAASSSSS! Thank you  DST!!!!

Shriek, Demogoblin & Doppleganger have been wants of mine for a while, and I'm freaking stoked about them. There is some awesome new sculpting in this wave. Doppy gets little minimate claws for all his hands. Goblins Glider looks awesome! Cloak even has a new .... cloak. It looks like Carnage gets Lady Deathstrikes hands too, which are perfect for him! 

Great distribution of characters, too. Male, female, villains, heroes, new characters, updates of classics. It's a decent mix. 

I know this is not the full line-up from Maximum Carnage, but it's the bigger players. I wouldn't rule our seeing the supporting cast showing up in the future either. We have already seen carrion at TRU. Stay tuned - I reckon Deathlok will be at TRU in the near future! 

24 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Toyark Marvel Coverage

toyark has their pics from DST up.  Wave 76 looks really great except for venom. Using bulked-up parts on only the upper legs and arms just looks weird.

I used similar bulking on a suited sabertooth. I feel like it is a good way to portray certain characters. Hulk is bulky everywhere. Sabertooth or Venom don't need giant hands or feet, but more muscular upper arms and legs make sense

Just now, Mnemosis said:

I used similar bulking on a suited sabertooth. I feel like it is a good way to portray certain characters. Hulk is bulky everywhere. Sabertooth or Venom don't need giant hands or feet, but more muscular upper arms and legs make sense

Yeah i think the legs actually work surprisingly well, the arms not so much