UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
DSTZach

TRU Series 26

Recommended Posts

Well after trying the water Trick my Rogue left knee gave out.  Whomp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up the Rogue and Cyclops pack from my mailbox today. After I got them out of the package; I have to say this is one of my favorite two packs in recent releases. I'm an X-Men fan and these costumes definitely cater to my interests as I was pretty invested in Bendis' Uncanny X-Men run, sue me. Anyway, thoughts: I like that they didn't give Cyclops a slip cover, I think the base head looks really good and so does the rest of his costume. He complements Marvel Now Magneto quite nicely. As for Rogue, I like this costume because as above it can be used as classic or modern, and I feel it was executed well. I do wish that the paint applications for the hood weren't as sloppy (as I believe was previously mentioned in the thread). She also pairs nicely with Marvel Now Scarlet Witch and any modern Wolverine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is looking to sell their Rogue, I'd be interested. I could quite justify the cost and shipping for just the one figure.  And, unfortunately, the rest of this wave didn't speak to me enough to order all three and distribute shipping costs across more figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zach

My Madame Masque has 2 right legs. Considering the weird circumstances for this series, figured I'd ask: Can Diamond supply replacement parts for this wave, or do I need to take this one up with Walgreens?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I see on the previous page I wasn't the only one with issues, sooooo... nvm! Customer service it is...
EDIT 2: Sent! Pics attached. Mentioned the forums. I also took the opportunity to bring up the fact my Ebony Maw ordered from Luke has 2 left arms. Because he does.

Edited by Gillbob316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should never have to return a set to Walgreens. We should usually be able to help. I've already responded to your e-mail, I just may need to wait for the CS rep to come back from vacation and check the parts bins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my order from Walgreens.  I placed my order yesterday at like 11 AM and I got them today before 1 PM, so that was fast.

I ordered two of the Cyclops/Rogue packs and two of the Spot/Iron Spider packs, but only one of the Hologram Tony/Madame Masque packs.

I am happy with everything except how they were packaged in the shipping box.  One of the Cyclops/Rogue packs was bent back.  It was okay as I was planning to open one of the two, so that is the one I opened.  I am liking them and may try to order more if I can come up with the funds to pay for them.

Edited by Captain Paco
added more information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Captain Paco said:

I am happy with everything except how they were packaged in the shipping box.  One of the Cyclops/Rogue packs was bent back.  It was okay as I was planning to open one of the two, so that is the one I opened. 

Good thing you're an opener!

Has anyone else been specially selected to take their survey about their experience with Walgreens.com? I did and gave them high marks. On top of that I recommended they offer free shipping to stores. Check your email for the survey. The more feedback, the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Good thing you're an opener!

Has anyone else been specially selected to take their survey about their experience with Walgreens.com? I did and gave them high marks. On top of that I recommended they offer free shipping to stores. Check your email for the survey. The more feedback, the better.

I got the survey too. I was eager to give positive input on what they did with this wave, and to encourage improvement on Minimate availability.

and I absolutely second the suggestion for everyone to fill out the survey if they get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a Rogue with a working left knee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Left knee was fine. Right knee snapped while I was delicately testing the joints as I do with all action figures straight out of the package.

Boiled the pieces, removed the pieces of snapped peg, and replaced it with a peg from a Payback Wolverine, as I'd had so many extras from army-building Sentinels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Left knee was fine. Right knee snapped while I was delicately testing the joints as I do with all action figures straight out of the package.

Boiled the pieces, removed the pieces of snapped peg, and replaced it with a peg from a Payback Wolverine, as I'd had so many extras from army-building Sentinels.

Yeah I did the boil trick and nada. Both of my Rogues have bum left knee joints for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that the green paint from the upper leg got into the joint and dried locking it place. It took me a bit of very careful work with and exact-knife to free up the joint enough to get it to "break free" without breaking the peg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm Prowlar’s statement. Mine had a glob of paint holding the joint together, and I freed it up with some careful cutting. Good as new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 3:02 PM, thereasonsy said:

Does anyone have a Rogue with a working left knee?

The left knee on mine is fine. It’s the right one that’s stuck. ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Rogue had stiff knee joints, but after carefully bending them, they work fine.  Gave it to a friend already otherwise I would offer her up here.

Edited by Turtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am beyond delicate with my action figures, especially when testing joints, so when something snaps, there was literally no other outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I am beyond delicate with my action figures, especially when testing joints, so when something snaps, there was literally no other outcome.

Same here. I cringe every time I see a video review of someone manhandling an action figure right out of the package like it's some sex doll that likes it rough. How about some foreplay, buddy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to find Animated Wave 9. I don't like that I've skipped over it & lucked out with the releases that came after. *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, DSTZach said:

You should never have to return a set to Walgreens. We should usually be able to help. I've already responded to your e-mail, I just may need to wait for the CS rep to come back from vacation and check the parts bins.

So um... not to be a nag or anything, but i haven't heard anything about those replacement parts since this post. *Blink Blink*

Edited by Gillbob316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who made the quick custom of A Brotherhood Rogue with this figure? I remember seeing it someplace but can’t find it for the life of me now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×