TRU Series 26

DSTZach

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked up the Rogue and Cyclops pack from my mailbox today. After I got them out of the package; I have to say this is one of my favorite two packs in recent releases. I'm an X-Men fan and these costumes definitely cater to my interests as I was pretty invested in Bendis' Uncanny X-Men run, sue me. Anyway, thoughts: I like that they didn't give Cyclops a slip cover, I think the base head looks really good and so does the rest of his costume. He complements Marvel Now Magneto quite nicely. As for Rogue, I like this costume because as above it can be used as classic or modern, and I feel it was executed well. I do wish that the paint applications for the hood weren't as sloppy (as I believe was previously mentioned in the thread). She also pairs nicely with Marvel Now Scarlet Witch and any modern Wolverine.

@Zach

My Madame Masque has 2 right legs. Considering the weird circumstances for this series, figured I'd ask: Can Diamond supply replacement parts for this wave, or do I need to take this one up with Walgreens?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I see on the previous page I wasn't the only one with issues, sooooo... nvm! Customer service it is...
EDIT 2: Sent! Pics attached. Mentioned the forums. I also took the opportunity to bring up the fact my Ebony Maw ordered from Luke has 2 left arms. Because he does.

Edited by Gillbob316

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my order from Walgreens.  I placed my order yesterday at like 11 AM and I got them today before 1 PM, so that was fast.

I ordered two of the Cyclops/Rogue packs and two of the Spot/Iron Spider packs, but only one of the Hologram Tony/Madame Masque packs.

I am happy with everything except how they were packaged in the shipping box.  One of the Cyclops/Rogue packs was bent back.  It was okay as I was planning to open one of the two, so that is the one I opened.  I am liking them and may try to order more if I can come up with the funds to pay for them.

Edited by Captain Paco
added more information

12 minutes ago, Captain Paco said:

I am happy with everything except how they were packaged in the shipping box.  One of the Cyclops/Rogue packs was bent back.  It was okay as I was planning to open one of the two, so that is the one I opened. 

Good thing you're an opener!

Has anyone else been specially selected to take their survey about their experience with Walgreens.com? I did and gave them high marks. On top of that I recommended they offer free shipping to stores. Check your email for the survey. The more feedback, the better.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Good thing you're an opener!

Has anyone else been specially selected to take their survey about their experience with Walgreens.com? I did and gave them high marks. On top of that I recommended they offer free shipping to stores. Check your email for the survey. The more feedback, the better.

I got the survey too. I was eager to give positive input on what they did with this wave, and to encourage improvement on Minimate availability.

and I absolutely second the suggestion for everyone to fill out the survey if they get it

Left knee was fine. Right knee snapped while I was delicately testing the joints as I do with all action figures straight out of the package.

Boiled the pieces, removed the pieces of snapped peg, and replaced it with a peg from a Payback Wolverine, as I'd had so many extras from army-building Sentinels.

21 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Left knee was fine. Right knee snapped while I was delicately testing the joints as I do with all action figures straight out of the package.

Boiled the pieces, removed the pieces of snapped peg, and replaced it with a peg from a Payback Wolverine, as I'd had so many extras from army-building Sentinels.

Yeah I did the boil trick and nada. Both of my Rogues have bum left knee joints for some reason. 

7 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I am beyond delicate with my action figures, especially when testing joints, so when something snaps, there was literally no other outcome.

Same here. I cringe every time I see a video review of someone manhandling an action figure right out of the package like it's some sex doll that likes it rough. How about some foreplay, buddy?

On 11/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, DSTZach said:

You should never have to return a set to Walgreens. We should usually be able to help. I've already responded to your e-mail, I just may need to wait for the CS rep to come back from vacation and check the parts bins.

So um... not to be a nag or anything, but i haven't heard anything about those replacement parts since this post. *Blink Blink*

Edited by Gillbob316