TRU Series 26

DSTZach

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just placed my order. Did we ever see a picture of the Spidey from this wave? I was just scrolling through and didn’t see anything. I was surprised it was a dark Iron Spidey. 

Cool, glad to finally be able to order these online from them rather than having to go to the stores, since their inventory is so spotty. BTW this set leaves you about $11 short of free shipping. I ended up getting my daughter a Harry Potter tumbler to fill it out.

Just now, Mysterious Stranger said:

I notice the Dark Iron Spidey/Spot pack has black stands. What's the reasoning for that change?

Presumably to emulate the Spot's abilities as best DST could. Also, I love the alt. head for Spot. These sets look great, Zach. 

Look on, I think, page 8 of this thread. Spot was the first character Zach shared, and the shot of him has the stands out and the jump stand; it looks great!

20 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I notice the Dark Iron Spidey/Spot pack has black stands. What's the reasoning for that change?

The Spot uses black teleportation discs, so we gave him a few of them. I believe Iron Spider comes with a clear one. Jump stand is probably technically Spidey's, but oh well. 

I was just doing some checking and see one image of Iron Spider that matches the minimate and a few others with four arms and a different spider symbol. Can anyone who was reading the books say which is more correct?

Also, my order is marked as shipped already which is impressively quick.

Edited by stack32

Ordered, but I won't rejoice until they're in my hands.

Also, "only online"? I mean, as long as they're easy to get, it's convenient, but was there a specific reason to not have them in stores?

And can you tell them to put Animated Wave 9 up, too? I'm getting super tired not finding them in stores.

12 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Also, "only online"? I mean, as long as they're easy to get, it's convenient, but was there a specific reason to not have them in stores?

There aren't enough of them to distribute. Most WG waves are big orders, while TRU assortments were much less. So it was online OR very limited store distribution. These may very well sell out.

12 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

And can you tell them to put Animated Wave 9 up, too? I'm getting super tired not finding them in stores.

If this does well, maybe they'll think about redirecting some inventory, but I don't know how that works with shared SKUs. It may be possible, possibly even as sets, but I guess we'll see.