• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, spidermatt said:

Im sure this has been talked about already but, if these waves are supposed to come out at walgreens, would it be possible for Diamond to sell them on their site as well? What would be the possibility of working out a deal for Luke to sell these?

Then it wouldn't be an exclusive 

On 8/23/2018 at 8:33 AM, MisterPL said:

There's a good chance this assortment has already been sent to Walgreens and is sitting in that Minimates warehouse awaiting distribution.

No, it just got re -stickered. Should ship soon. 

24 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

No, it just got re -stickered. Should ship soon. 

Did they fix the back, too, where it would have said TRU26?

On 3/17/2018 at 9:33 PM, jjwspider said:

Mnemosis, thank you for posting.  Most of us can't imagine what you're dealing with right now and I appreciate you sharing your feedback.  Good luck on the job hunt (and future DST position :) ). 

Off-topic, but... I work for main event entertainment now. That's like a ChuckyIt's like a Chuck-E-Cheese for older kids, or a Dave & Buster's that's more geared towards the whole family. If you're in the Indianapolis area, stop in and ask for Jason. Let me know you're from the Multiverse and I'll try to hook you up as best I can

The re-labelling of Wave 26 amuses & fascinates me because I once knew a young guy who worked in the print & packaging industry & it reminded me of the days I...I mean  that he spent hours correcting fuckups  mistakes that had crept through an entire product run . I know this isn't like that but that young guy grew up (??) into a toy-collecting freak who is still fairly fascinated with what his toys are packaged within & there are several historical  (not -so -well) documented Minimate packaging sagas that I have seen over the years. 

I have no idea what the answer to Onyx's question is but my guess is that a small label will have been printed to just cover the 'TRU26' which will placate WG . From my point of view that's fine because I KNOW what will be beneath the label but if I didn't my inherent inquisitiveness ( OCD?) would require me to seek out 'what lies beneath') .

& ONLY NOW IT CAN BE TOLD........

OK I'm weird but unless you're one of the few Minimate collectors that still doesn't read the 'Easter eggs'  contained (printed)  beneath 75% of the silver TRU stickers on Minimate packets then you've really been missing out on the 'exclusive TRU club deals & promos & protos over the years'.   

You didn't realise ? I'm not surprised because everybody  (a very few I believe) that enjoyed the bonuses were sworn to secrecy or would lose their privileges .....'never say never' being the promo code that we all had to use .

I write this out of a desire to know who knew ? PLMK either by PM or on-forum .  

edit: J , I was pretty sure you were one of the 'never say nevers' & to answer your question publicly...... I think people might appreciate your pictures.

S, Unreal :thumbsup: 

Edited by buttheadsmate
update

13 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Off-topic, but... I work for main event entertainment now. That's like a ChuckyIt's like a Chuck-E-Cheese for older kids, or a Dave & Buster's that's more geared towards the whole family. If you're in the Indianapolis area, stop in and ask for Jason. Let me know you're from the Multiverse and I'll try to hook you up as best I can

Congrats man!  Glad to hear that the job hunt went well!

11 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

& ONLY NOW IT CAN BE TOLD........

OK I'm weird but unless you're one of the few Minimate collectors that still doesn't read the 'Easter eggs'  contained (printed)  beneath 75% of the silver TRU stickers on Minimate packets then you've really been missing out on the 'exclusive TRU club deals & promos & protos over the years'.   

You didn't realise ? I'm not surprised because everybody  (a very few I believe) that enjoyed the bonuses were sworn to secrecy or would lose their privileges .....'never say never' being the promo code that we all had to use .

I write this out of a desire to know who knew ? PLMK either by PM or on-forum .  

edit: J , I was pretty sure you were one of the 'never say nevers' & to answer your question publicly...... I think people might appreciate your pictures.

S, Unreal :thumbsup: 

Wait, what?

Can you start a thread of photos of the things I apparently missed out on all these years?

I doubt they care about the tiny TRU26 (an identification code, really, nothing more) on the back, but I think there is an issue with the silver TRU sticker on the front. Not sure it can be simply stickered over. 

Pay no attention to the secret codes behind the TRU stickers. 

14 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I doubt they care about the tiny TRU26 (an identification code, really, nothing more) on the back, but I think there is an issue with the silver TRU sticker on the front. Not sure it can be simply stickered over. 

Pay no attention to the secret codes behind the TRU stickers. 

This is going to make me examine my tru in package mates...

• 2 weeks later...