DSTZach

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, Freaqualizer said:

Or we could pretend it was a New Warriors/90s wave, with Darkhawk, Speedball, Night Thrasher, Namorita, updated Firestar, Sleepwalker and Deathlok.

....why did I do that to myself? 

Rude. Now I will be thinking and cursing this the same way I still harp on about the ToyBiz GenX wave we never got.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, Freaqualizer said:

Or we could pretend it was a New Warriors/90s wave, with Darkhawk, Speedball, Night Thrasher, Namorita, updated Firestar, Sleepwalker and Deathlok.

....why did I do that to myself? 

Yes. Yes, please.

14 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Wave 3 would have had Husk, M and other Gene Nation folk. You can see Husk here: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=302138

And here are Ever and Hemingway. Sack was going to be an unarticulated bonus pack-in with one of them, if memory serves.

gx_mar9.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Super relieved to here that. Really looking forward to the Rogue/Cyke pack.
But I might actually be more excited for Madame Masque & Holo-tony. They are some really nice, toyetic looking figures.

On 5/31/2018 at 12:21 AM, spidermatt said:

Is this series gettin closer to finding a home? Im really excited for this wave!

I’m a d$ck. I’m having the exact opposite reaction. The longer it takes for an announcement the more I’m like well the cold never bothered me anyway.

7 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I’m a d$ck. I’m having the exact opposite reaction. The longer it takes for an announcement the more I’m like well the cold never bothered me anyway.

I get this. I get super excited seeing the product photos initially released and the longer it takes to get to store shelves the less likely I am to immediately scoop up something I originally thought was super exciting.

I thought the only time they hit shelves was when they were on display shelves at TF, etc.  (The LotR 'mates were nice, but I've always thought it was odd that out of the 8 slots in that wave, 4 were dedicated to the Witchking.  He's cool and all, but that seemed like overkill.)

6 hours ago, Turtle said:

I thought the only time they hit shelves was when they were on display shelves at TF, etc.  (The LotR 'mates were nice, but I've always thought it was odd that out of the 8 slots in that wave, 4 were dedicated to the Witchking.  He's cool and all, but that seemed like overkill.)

That was my understanding; I remember seeing those photos of hanging packaged samples at TF somewhere. As someone who didn't start collecting 'mates until a couple of years ago, I found it cool that a Lord of the Rings line was made, and that DST used pretty appropriate scales for the figures. But yea, some of the character choices seemed a bit odd, especially with that last wave (to be fair, I also collect Lego, who refused to make a Witch King based on his RotK, which is why it was cool to see a minifigure version of that costume, even if it wasn't produced in the end)

Edited by OvenproofBug6