• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mnemosis said:

But that's kind of the aesthetic of that costume

That’s pretty much true. Ultimately we would probably have as many people commenting negatively if this was done as a slipcover mask.

that said, though... I also feel like it looks off. Even knowing that the comic look basically dictates a straight up tampo, my brain immediately registers that it should be a sculpted piece...

21 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Robert doesn't work on Minimates any more, he manages a lot of our electronic items. Barry Bradfield is the designer and product manager, and he packs in all this awesome stuff. 

I did not know that! Props to Barry for his (continued) fine work. I still have some of his old designs from his fan days saved. And thanks to Robert for all the cool Minimates over the years.

2 hours ago, Valo487 said:

Is this the first Cyclops without a slipover mask/visor?

Yes, if we don't count the Ultimate Cyclops variant that had just the hair and no visor (if were it made today would have just come with alternate hair).

I'm most excited for X-face Cyclops and Rogue, both great additions to modern X-men teams. Can't wait to see this Cyke next to TRU 23 Magneto!

I'm still more interested in knowing the ins-and-outs of Rogue...

Will it have a painted white "belt line" underneath the skirt piece so we can just remove that piece make it look a bit more like her classic/original/Brotherhood attire?

Or, it's a longshot, will it come with a cape?

Was gonna post a picture of both but here's a one that actually shows both at once

what is your faverite costumes of rogue ? - Rogue - Comic Vine

Edited by AFMcGill

On 2/16/2018 at 8:39 PM, DSTZach said:

He'll actually come with three or four Black stands, counting the one under his jump stand. I used them all for this pic.

Welp, now I can save the spray paint! :D

The whole wave looks great except Iron Man, haha. I'll admit to not being a huge Iron Man comic fan, but does he utilize a hologram with such an old armor? The head looks great, but I've never liked the old armors and already have them all, so I don't need a duplicate just for an awesome head - but obviously because I'm a completist and will want his pack-mate, I'll still get him.

29 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Welp, now I can save the spray paint! :D

The whole wave looks great except Iron Man, haha. I'll admit to not being a huge Iron Man comic fan, but does he utilize a hologram with such an old armor? The head looks great, but I've never liked the old armors and already have them all, so I don't need a duplicate just for an awesome head - but obviously because I'm a completist and will want his pack-mate, I'll still get him.

Short version is that Bendis wanted to shill his daughterfu, and messed up with Spencer's plans. Tony was supposed to be in Secret Empire, in flesh and blood, but due to BMB being BENIS and ruining everything to appease his own continuity, Tony got turned into AI Tony. Spencer was so mad at Bendis, he didn't even change the script, so everyone treats AI Tony as regular Tony and never points out the fact that he's a hologram. Spencer just added Ree-Ree to some scenes. Hell, the whole event was meant to be a small crossover between his titles, but Marvel wanted their summer event...

As for the armor, the only explaination we got was a comment by HYDRACap that Tony was so drunk, that he could not function the newer models anymore, and had to work with older Armors. Yes, the official explaination is "the AI got drunk"...

64ssvb.jpg

Just goes to show how much Bendis pissed everyone off, and how poorly thought out the whole thing was. 

PS: That issue was the best of SE, but while it really laid down the smackdown on Pym-haters (Hank is Best Boy and gets too much hate), I feel it portrayed Tony kinda OOC. He'd be the last guy to double down on Hank for such a thing. But I guess either "AI" or "wanted to get him riled up" work as excuses.

Edited by Kostisfire

On February 16, 2018 at 9:39 PM, DSTZach said:

He'll actually come with three or four Black stands, counting the one under his jump stand. I used them all for this pic.

Please give him a white Puck hand so he can hold one of those stands out in front of him or to the side simulating he's about to jump through...

3 hours ago, MrClean said:

Please give him a white Puck hand so he can hold one of those stands out in front of him or to the side simulating he's about to jump through...

Good idea right there.

I'd honestly love to see some funky portal parts with half limbs sticking out of them to display him in lots of weird ways, but I'm guessing lots of custom one-off sculpting for him is unlikely. That said, the puck hand at least isn't a new piece.

On 2/19/2018 at 4:36 PM, Kostisfire said:

Short version is that Bendis wanted to shill his daughterfu, and messed up with Spencer's plans. Tony was supposed to be in Secret Empire, in flesh and blood, but due to BMB being BENIS and ruining everything to appease his own continuity, Tony got turned into AI Tony. Spencer was so mad at Bendis, he didn't even change the script, so everyone treats AI Tony as regular Tony and never points out the fact that he's a hologram. Spencer just added Ree-Ree to some scenes. Hell, the whole event was meant to be a small crossover between his titles, but Marvel wanted their summer event...

As for the armor, the only explaination we got was a comment by HYDRACap that Tony was so drunk, that he could not function the newer models anymore, and had to work with older Armors. Yes, the official explaination is "the AI got drunk"...

64ssvb.jpg

Just goes to show how much Bendis pissed everyone off, and how poorly thought out the whole thing was. 

PS: That issue was the best of SE, but while it really laid down the smackdown on Pym-haters (Hank is Best Boy and gets too much hate), I feel it portrayed Tony kinda OOC. He'd be the last guy to double down on Hank for such a thing. But I guess either "AI" or "wanted to get him riled up" work as excuses.

So no one forgets about wife beater Pym, but as a scientist it was important that he use his Pym particles to get drunk and beat his wife. So yeah he is the best boy. BOOM REJECTED!