DSTZach

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, hellpop said:

True! DSTRobert is great at packing in extra details. He's the unsung hero of Minimates.

Robert doesn't work on Minimates any more, he manages a lot of our electronic items. Barry Bradfield is the designer and product manager, and he packs in all this awesome stuff. 

4 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

DST always has a closed booth on the first day to meet w buyers. We always have to wait until Sunday and half the sites seem to forget to go. 

My schedule for Sunday and Monday would disagree with you, as I have 30-plus sites coming through. I don't have an appointment with the Fwoosh, if they even send anyone to this, but they are one of the few who to forget to come see us...

See... I know it's a silly bit of mental conditioning, and I fully admit its sillyness...

But getting comic book Madame Masque confirmed has taken all the sting out of getting Animated Madame Masque for me... and only NOW can I appreciate animated Madame Masque for what she is and be okay with her. Now I've gone from being angry about her, to appreciating her for being a completely unique and different look for a character we now also have a classic minimate for. I've gone from, "This one Madame Masque sucks and I'm angry about it!" to "WOW! We're getting two very unique and different Madame Masques! Awesome!"

It's a weird putting the cart before the horse bit of mental gymnastics... as a collector.

It's like Animated Madame Masque was the Syrup, and Comic Madame Masque is the pancake. Syrup is fine, and we all like it... but if someone serves you a big bowl of syrup you're like, "I'm not eating this bowl of syrup, that's disgusting, what the hell's the matter with you?" and you're angry because you're left wanting for breakfast. But if someone gives you the pancake, suddenly you're happy to have the syrup, and you go, "Wow, syrup actually isn't bad at all when you serve it to me on top of a pancake."

When we get Movie Blob years before we get Comic Blob. When we get "Fear Itself" Grey Gargoyle, but never get regular Grey Gargoyle. When Animated characters are released before comic book versions of those same characters, and they can't ever in 100 years ever pass for the comic book versions.

It's a total bowl of Syrup scenario. It could be very good syrup... but sometimes you can't ever appreciate the syrup without the pancake.

Edited by Gillbob316

Oh shit, is that Bondage-Clops?! CHADCLOPS! I'm pretty much out of the game, but I'm picking up the Iron Man & X-Men Packs. Holo!Tony/Masque & ChadClops are must haves. Spot is tempting too, but I don't care about Miles'-uncle-in-a-repainted-Iron-Spider-Armor. Shame that we're getting NOW! Rogue instead of Legacy Rogue though.

Edited by Kostisfire

13 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Oh shit, is that Bondage-Clops?! CHADCLOPS! I'm pretty much out of the game, but I'm picking up the Iron Man & X-Men Packs. Holo!Tony/Masque & ChadClops are must haves. Spot is tempting too, but I don't care about Miles'-uncle-in-a-repainted-Iron-Spider-Armor. Shame that we're getting NOW! Rogue instead of Legacy Rogue though.

Hey Kostis! I was wondering where you went!

7 minutes ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Hey Kostis! I was wondering where you went!

Getting shitfaced drunk and trying to cram 1.8k pages of Physics III & IV in 6 days...

Spoiler

Okay, I'm not actually getting drunk, I have high tolerance. But you get the point. Overdramatization helps spice the scene up...

Edited by Kostisfire

2 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Will that Rogue come with an alternate hair piece that's hooded? (even if it is just reusing the one from Age of X Rogue with new paint)

I'd say it's almost a guarantee that we get a hooded look as well. In the picture she has what looks like the lowered hood piece from the Luke cage box set on her already.