DSTZach

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

Joyous News! (For Me, Not You)... I was under the impression one of my local go-to Toys R Us stores was closing in their upcoming purge, but it turns out it's not the one I thought it was, it's actually the nearby Babies R Us down the street that's closing. The Toys R Us is remaining. My friend just mistook the address, because they're literally right down the street from one another.

So I'll continue to be able to search for Minimates on my way home from work. Praise Magneto!

Dude, are you in Indianapolis?

That Spot figure is an example of why I'm such a MiniMates evangelist. 

Any other toyline, like Marvel Legends, they do Spot and it's a simple repaint of a basic body. Throw it in a package and Bob's yer uncle. MM is not content with that. No. They include little spot discs, a spot-colored base with a flight stand to make it look like he's jumping. Crazy cool. 

7 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

He'll actually come with three or four Black stands, counting the one under his jump stand. I used them all for this pic.

You have no idea how happy this Minimate makes me!

The Spot was one of the earliest Spidey villain that I was introduced to as a kid (in the 90's Animated Series). I never thought I'd ever see an official Minimate of him, let alone one executed so perfectly.

Thanks DST!

Edited by CBMM1

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

That Spot figure is an example of why I'm such a MiniMates evangelist. 

Any other toyline, like Marvel Legends, they do Spot and it's a simple repaint of a basic body. Throw it in a package and Bob's yer uncle. MM is not content with that. No. They include little spot discs, a spot-colored base with a flight stand to make it look like he's jumping. Crazy cool. 

True! DSTRobert is great at packing in extra details. He's the unsung hero of Minimates.

6 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

The Spot?? THE SPOT???

I have no idea how we still haven't gotten Boomerang...

Honestly I pray Boomerang never gets into a TRU line. I want him in a mass market or LCS wave since I actually want to own him and would be gutted if I couldn’t. 

They both look great. Seeing that Holographic Iron Man with the glowing head has got me thinking... There should be an Iron Man mate that uses transparent plastic in his head and torso, which light could then pass through to illuminate his eyes and chest repulsor. Similar to Transformers figures or the old Ultron minimate that came with Ms. Marvel.