UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Series 26

DSTZach

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I hope it's Iron Tiger. 

I prefer Lions myself.

latest?cb=20161111214113

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

Modern Ghost would be awesome. (S)he is the villain in the next Ant-man movie too, so now is the time to jump on the character 

Ugh, don't remind me of that. First the MCU ruins Iron Man in the books, then they waste his rogues gallery, and now they're lending Ghost to Ant-Man. Watch as she's Ghost in name only.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The heroes are an Iron Man and two X-Men. I still like our Gambit/Rogue guess, so maybe it's someone new in Iron Man armor?

Three new villains is definitely a wrinkle, albeit a welcome one. What's the classic v. contemporary costume ratio here? 

28 minutes ago, elhonez said:

The heroes are an Iron Man and two X-Men. I still like our Gambit/Rogue guess, so maybe it's someone new in Iron Man armor?

Three new villains is definitely a wrinkle, albeit a welcome one. What's the classic v. contemporary costume ratio here? 

On 10/25/2017 at 12:31 AM, DSTZach said:

Only one character/look could be considered classic, and that's the unmade villain. But he's experienced somewhat of a Renaissance in recent years. His costume has not really changed.

I suppose one of the requested heroes could be considered classic, as the recent costume is similar to a classic one we have not made.

We've gotten Iron Men and Victors von Doom, but never an Iron Doom.

Rogue, Gambit, and Iron Doom all seem like solid guesses to me, which leaves two new Spidey villains and a new Iron Man villain. If Rogue is right, then all three of them must be male.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

We've gotten Iron Men and Victors von Doom, but never an Iron Doom.

Rogue, Gambit, and Iron Doom all seem like solid guesses to me, which leaves two new Spidey villains and a new Iron Man villain. If Rogue is right, then all three of them must be male.

Iron Doom & Madame Masque would make sense as an ANAD Iron Man pack.

And, technically, we are getting Masque in the upcoming Animated line. I think (hope) Ghost is the more likely villain for Iron Doom.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:27 AM, AFMcGill said:

"All three heroes have mates, although it could be argued one is new."

My gut went Mantis and my brain went "oh, please god no".

I meant it could be argued the character is completely new, no comic or movie version. It could also be argued that they have both a comic and a movie version. The other two heroes have only had comic versions, not movie.

Similarly, one of the villains wears a hero name and costume we have gotten in comic format before, but has never had a Minimate himself, in any format, so he could be argued either way as well. And I failed to mention that one villain has or will have an animated-style Minimate, but had not had a comic style or movie-style Mate. The third has never had a Minimate, ever.

Joining this forum was an awful move coz now I am determined to solve this above all else.

The villain, I almost want to say Erik Josten Goliath but that seems a really oddly specific thing to go for. And might be more my wishful thinking for Thunderbolts. I'm sure there's previous clue that discounts him anyway. The use of "himself" also helped me discount Rita deMara Yellowjacket. Eric o'Grady Ant-Man was a first thought but the wording definitely seems to exclude him.

Also possibly Ragnarok, Toxic Doxie in her Scarlet Witch costume or Barney Barton in his Hawkeye costume... 

Speed Demon as the animated villain - he does seem the obvious one to fit that clue. Never in a million years would I ever expect TWO Speed Demon Minimates in the space of like a year...

Edited by AFMcGill

A male villain we've never had posing as a hero we have...

That's a real head scratcher.

And specifically wearing the same costume, too.

A hero who could be said either to have NO comic OR movie version... or both.

This should be the easier nut to crack. There's not TOO many movie characters and narrowing it down to someone ambiguous should be easy. Theoretically. 

2 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Joining this forum was an awful move coz now I am determined to solve this above all else.

The villain, I almost want to say Erik Josten Goliath but that seems a really oddly specific thing to go for. And might be more my wishful thinking for Thunderbolts. I'm sure there's previous clue that discounts him anyway. The use of "himself" also helped me discount Rita deMara Yellowjacket. Eric o'Grady Ant-Man was a first thought but the wording definitely seems to exclude him.

Also possibly Ragnarok, Toxic Doxie in her Scarlet Witch costume or Barney Barton in his Hawkeye costume... 

Speed Demon as the animated villain - he does seem the obvious one to fit that clue. Never in a million years would I ever expect TWO Speed Demon Minimates in the space of like a year...

Goliath was my first thought too; his costume is BASICALLY the Hank Pym Goliath costume with a different color scheme. I'd be surprised if it's him, but I've always liked that character so I'd be happy.

I would bet dollars to donuts that the animated villain is the Jackyl, since he's easily the most important Spidey villain that's never been 'mated. But it COULD be a swerve and be one of the Squadron Supreme, since they were villains on the show. Zach likes to be sneaky like that.

11 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

My first thought on this too was Goliath. But Ragnarok sounds like a good choice too.

Deep down i sure hope we get Hammerhead ?

A 616 Madame Masque would be amazing. I'm surprisingly still stuck on our mystery hero who may or may not have been made before.

The man in the shield mandroid suit is Phil Coulson. So you could argue that there is a comic book Phil Coulson figure, or you could argue that there isn't, but the movie figure is absolutely unambiguous.

There's a movie figure of Harry Osborn as the "New Goblin." You could argue whether this counts as a Harry Osborn figure, and then make a comic accurate Harry, but there's no ambiguity as to whether or not there's a comic book version of him already.

Maybe the Toni Ho Iron Patriot? We've had Iron Patriots before, in both the movie and comic lines, but not this version. 

As for the villain in a hero costume, my only other guess would be the villainous Black Knight, though the costume is different.