DSTZach

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

New character has ties to Defenders universe, but I mentionrd the three corners of the MU they're from.

Modern Marvel Knights Defenders, or the Strange-Hulk-Namor non-team?

If it's modern, Nuke first appeared 31 years ago and he could make sense with a Cap variant. If it's classic, maybe a Hulk variant and new villain? Or does funkgorilla's guess mean we aren't getting Hulk at all?

Modern Rogue seems more and more likely. A recent highly requested female X-Man who's pretty close to an unmade classic look.

ANAD Spider-Man 2099 seems like a decent guess for the Spidey hero, since we've gotten Miguel before. I'm sticking with Superior Octopus for the villain.

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

My guesses:

Infamous Iron Doom & Madame Masque (Comic Vine tells me she once fought Daredevil)

Iceman & Mimic (please let this one two pack be true...)

ANAD Spider-Man 2099 & Superior Octopus

Made a couple of changes to match the clues as Madame Masque seems to fit but that means Rogue is left out then. Iceman does get requested for an update when he's brought up. Mimic is just a pipedream of mine.

16 minutes ago, Chigarillo said:

Made a couple of changes to match the clues as Madame Masque seems to fit but that means Rogue is left out then. Iceman does get requested for an update when he's brought up. Mimic is just a pipedream of mine.

If the X-Man isn't Rogue, I'd guess X-Face Cyclops, but then there needs to be another modern hero variant that could pass for classic.

22 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Only one character/look could be considered classic, and that's the unmade villain. But he's experienced somewhat of a Renaissance in recent years. His costume has not really changed.

Unmade villain is a male. 

I’d guess it’s a Spidey villain who has fought Daredevil. 

It'd be cool to see a superior octopus, but i really like seein them classic spidey villians. Im hopin for a Hammerhead or Tombstone. I think the one female is Mockingbird in her modern costume. Possibly Mesmero for the xmen. Not really sure if he's been highly requested. X face Cyclops would be cool. Wrecker seems to be a highly requested villian. I know he fought the classic Defenders. Not sure about an Avenger. I suppose Mockingbird fits.

It's Boomerang.

-Over 30 years old;
-Has experienced a bit of a renaissance;
-Costume hasn't really changed;
-Fought a Defender (Daredevil);
-Now a (Superior) foe of Spider-Man;
-Follows up on the Beetle release, who is even called "Superior Foes Beetle" if I'm not mistaken.

It's Boomerang.

Edited by hellpop

49 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Other than a Marvel Legend figure a year or two ago I haven't seen much as far as figures for Boomerang.  Is he prominent in comics now somehow?  

He is!

250px-Superior_Foes_of_Spider-Man_-1.jpg

This was a great comic btw. Well worth tracking down. DST has already made two characters from this team, albeit one in the animated line.

I love these threads. I never have a flipping clue what to guess, and leave it to people who are better at scrutinizing details than I am, but I still enjoy reading them. And usually toward the end getting a fairly good idea what the wave is, lol...

Thus far I'm ecstatic to hear Wolverine isn't included.

But to scrounge for a hint: Are any of the X-Men characters also unmade characters? (These are the minimates I clamour for most. Mastermind and Toad are currently the highlight of my horizon.)

Someone said Mimic earlier, man would I be ecstatic if that was right, I've wanted Mimic for ages... he's the most classic non-classic X-Man, lol. (He's probably not correct though *Sigh*)