UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fantastic Four: Informal Character Poll #1

elhonez

What should the next Fantastic Four MiniMate character be?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fantastic Four character should be made next?

• Diablo
    • Dragon Man
    • Psycho-Man
    • Mad Thinker
    • Wizard
    • Trapster
    • Thundra
    • Impossible Man
    • Uatu the Watcher
    • Awesome Android
  2. 2. What should the next Fantastic Four army builder be?

• Alpha Primitives
    • Punisher Robots (Galactus')
    • Ovoids
    • Borers (Annihilus')

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2017 at 05:17 AM

The FF actually have pretty good representation in MiniMate format, but there are a few high-profile stragglers left from the classic era. Who do you think DST should produce next? 

And as a bonus question, who should their next army builder be?

Edited by elhonez

I miss voted - I'm here for Thundra! More villains and more women! 
I don't really mind about the army builders. Punisher Robots would look great, but I think I'd want Alphas as they'd make for a good base to create Unus.

I have never read a comic book with Psycho Man in it, but I do remember an issue of either Wizard or ToyFair where the staff posed the old ToyBiz figure on his 'emotion machine' and was trying to convince another F4 villain (Doom maybe?) on his plan to over come Richards by making him sad, then glad, then mad.
I don't retell it well, but I had a bloody good chuckle when I read that as a kid.
Those old ToyBiz marvel lines had some ridiculous accessories sometimes, and some weird, obscure characters. So much fun to collect.

I wanted to vote for Uatu because he's also relevant to more than just the FF, but I just can't get past the fact that he would be scaled way down. Wizard and Trapster would be nice but I ultimately picked Diablo because I think that crazy design would make for a great minimate.

I'm not really a F4 fan, and my main wants from that side of the Marvel universe (classic Inhumans and redos of Sue & Namor) weren't on the list, so I picked the Watcher because he has connections to the general MU.

None of the army builders really interest me. I chose the Punisher robots just for the way they look.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

8 hours ago, Chazwinski said:

I wanted to vote for Uatu because he's also relevant to more than just the FF, but I just can't get past the fact that he would be scaled way down. Wizard and Trapster would be nice but I ultimately picked Diablo because I think that crazy design would make for a great minimate.

I'm no Mirymate but I'm of the belief that Uatu's 'size' is variable ! I know he is generally depicted as being immense but I would be quite happy if he were as big as Mojo (for example).

4 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'm no Mirymate but I'm of the belief that Uatu's 'size' is variable ! I know he is generally depicted as being immense but I would be quite happy if he were as big as Mojo (for example).

DST can simply offer Uatu in the Marvel Select line. B)

The Fantastic Four are my favorite marvel book (as my display photo shall attest to). That being said, I welcome all and any FF Minimates to my collection. Be it, cosmic characters (Uatu, Ovoids, Skrulls) allies (FF She-Hulk, Inhumans, Wyatt Wingfoot) or their crazy rogues (Red Ghost, Trapster, Psycho-Man). However, I'm most interested in what an Impossible Man minimate would look like, so he gets my vote. And Alpha Primitives would seem to be the most appropriate army builder. 

This would be my wave:

Lab-Ready Reed Richards / Impossible Man

Wizard / Dragon Man

Classic Karnak / Alpha-Primitve 

Jae Lee Karnak / Alpha-Primitive

with a TRU Exclusive of Johnny Storm / Crystal 

42 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

The Fantastic Four are my favorite marvel book (as my display photo shall attest to). That being said, I welcome all and any FF Minimates to my collection. Be it, cosmic characters (Uatu, Ovoids, Skrulls) allies (FF She-Hulk, Inhumans, Wyatt Wingfoot) or their crazy rogues (Red Ghost, Trapster, Psycho-Man). However, I'm most interested in what an Impossible Man minimate would look like, so he gets my vote. And Alpha Primitives would seem to be the most appropriate army builder. 

This would be my wave:

Lab-Ready Reed Richards / Impossible Man

Wizard / Dragon Man

Classic Karnak / Alpha-Primitve 

Jae Lee Karnak / Alpha-Primitive

with a TRU Exclusive of Johnny Storm / Crystal 

That's a pretty strong lineup Trev! I like that it nods to the modern as well with Jae Lee Karnak.

I agree that an Impossible Man MiniMate would be very interesting - it could have some great accessories. With an alt chest and head, you've got Impossible Woman, too.

I too actually think the FF have been pretty well represented but I would also love to see most of the classic characters mentioned.  However, Thundra gets my vote.  Uatu would have got it but I don't see him as just an FF character really.  I do see the inhumans as mainly FF related though and they are the ones I would most like to see completed from that corner of the universe.

I kept the Inhumans separate and distinct from this poll, because I see them as their own team - I very much want to see that team completed, at the very least the Royal Family & Maximus.

For this poll, I wanted to gauge interest for the remaining classic FF villains & players, though I clearly dropped the ball by omitting Red Ghost. Looks like Uatu's running away with it, but I'm pleased to see that Dragon Man is also making a strong showing.

The dead heat in the army builder race is also interesting...

Hold on, why are more people voting for Dragon Man over the freaking Wizard?  Sure Dragon Man is neat, but he's not a founding member of the Frightful Four, member of the Inteligencia, and all around awesome villain like THE WIZARD.

Voting for Uatu, I can totally understand even if I don't agree.  But come on guys, PRIORITIES!

That was tough picking just one but I went with Diablo. Psycho Man was a close second for me. I'd like see all of those choices made at some point, just because they aren't getting votes doesn't mean I wouldn't buy an Awesome Android a Mad Thinker or the Trapster.

As for the Watcher, I currently use the old Marvel Select one. It's not a classic Kirby version but the scale works for me.

I voted Alpha Primitives for the army builder but Borers would be neat too. I only need one Punisher robot so I didn't want to cast an army builder vote that way. 

Fun poll!