UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2017 - Reveals

On 10/10/2017 at 2:25 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

Maybe hype was the wrong word. For a while, everything I read online that mentioned Spider-Gwen also brought up how great her costume was. It's not that people can't like different things, I just thought it was odd how unanimous the praise seemed to be. The internet isn't usually that agreed on something so subjective.

I agree. I think it's great that so many people liked it but it's not for me. I'm just not feeling the Gwen-Pool / Spider-Gwen love. Either way thanks for hosting the panel Zach and for letting it be posted. I personally hate when I get filmed so thanks!

For my money I think simple designs tend to be more iconic, I think the original Julia carpenter spider woman costume completely nailed it but spider-gwen has so much going on. First I would loose the teal, the feet should just be black and the teal coloured webbing just confuses things, actually doing a image search I noticed some of the more recent art have these white which in my opinion looks miles better. Another improvement, in the animated series at least is that the eyes are just thick pink lines not the gradient shading which looks like some nasty skin condition. If these changes were made I don't think the costume would be iconic but it would be greatly improved.

Mind you having said all this when marvel launches their all new probably slightly different trust us different marvel she will probably be wearing a mecha iron spider outfit for no particular reason.

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

First I would loose the teal, the feet should just be black and the teal coloured webbing just confuses things, actually doing a image search I noticed some of the more recent art have these white which in my opinion looks miles better.  

Brown would be Miles better.

:rimshot:

Not one of my most organized presentations, but you're welcome!

It must appeal to a significant portion of Marvel fans. It inverts the traditional Spider-Man coloration, which is always popular (see also: Anti-Venom, Future Foundation) and uses pink to good effect, which is not very common with Marvel (see also: Boom Boom, classic Psylocke).

Spider-Gwen is a great comic book costume. And in the venerable tradition of great comic book costumes it's terribly impractical. "Hey, I've got cool powers like the ability to cling to walls and spider-sense! I'll cover myself head to toe to dull those powers!"

And "Spider-Gwen?" Really? Do they call him "Spider-Pete" now, too?