UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MARVEL STUD10S: The First Ten Years

MisterPL

You know, I think minimates usually cover the main characters, where as ML will skip over villains and supporting characters. I think fightthedead's list pretty much supports that. It's just a bunch of civilians or minor characters. The warriors three are big in the comics but not really in the movies. Korg is the one that I think would be most wanted off that list from a retail point of view. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also like to see Minimates of other Marvel movie characters we missed. Not just for their cool design but also in the hopes that we would eventually get comic book characters.

Faundral (Thor)

Hogun (Thor)

Kurse (Thor: The Dark World)

Justin Hammer (Iron Man 2) (redo)

Coldblood (Iron Man 3)

Cosmo (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Celestials (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Original Human Torch (Captain America: the first Avenger)

I might be interested in something like you guys are describing, but I’m pretty sure if DST did something like this, they’d just end up making new versions of the main characters, and I’ve got enough MCU Iron Man, Cap, Thor and Hulk ‘mates. I am bummed we’ll likely never receive the Warriors Three now, but I doubt this line would change that either. 

Retailers will insist on the most popular characters, of course. DST can't do anything about that demand. Hopefully it allows them to use those characters as anchors for assortments that feature new or improved characters like a new suit from Iron Man 3 and an Armored Whiplash or a 4-pack of a one-eyed Thor with the Warriors Three.

Two 2-packs per movie or a 4-pack with the Hero and Villain and 2 supporting characters:

IM - Iron Man mk3, Iron Monger, Coulson, Yensen

Hulk - Bulk, Beefy Abomination, Leader, Betty

IM2 - Mk6, FB Whiplash, War Machine, Justin Hammer

Thor - Electric Thor, Odin or bulky Destroyer, Loki, Fandral

CA:FA - Cap, Red Skull, Zola, Peggy or Tommy Lee Jones

Avengers - Fury, Hawkeye, Thanos’ Hand, Shield Agent

IM3 - Mk42, Igor Armor, FB Pepper, FB Guy Pierce

TDW - Thor, Frigga, Hogun, Kurse 

CA:WS - Stealth Cap, Winter Soldier, Robert Redford, Falcon

GotGv1 - Collector, Starlord (short jacket), Ronin, Groot, Cosmo pack-in

Ultron - Quicksilver, FB Ultron, Hulkbuster, Black Widow

Ant-Man - Ant-Man and Yellowjacket with detailed minis, classic Wasp, Michael Pena

CA:CW - Cap, IM, Zemo, Scarlet Witch

Strange - Not sure here

GotGv2 - Drax, Gamora, little Rocket and Groot, Ego, Yondu

Homecoming - Letter Jacket Spidey, Ned, Michelle, Vulture 

Ragnarok - FB Thor, Hulk, Volstag, Korg 

Not that I have thought about this at all.... :)

I would be concerned that making characters from past movies could eat into the number of comic minimates we get. That aside, the lists people have made also show that DST has done a pretty good job covering the movies in the first place. Outside of updating some of the older Iron Man armors (III, IV, VI especially) and getting a proper sculpt for the MK III War Machine I don't know that there are a lot of figures that would really sell me on a set.

7 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

I was thinking a boxset of some Stan Lee's cameos would be funny. Who doesn't want the "Hugh Hefner" Stan Lee from Iron Man.

YES

Hefner Stan Lee

Spaceman Stan

Haircut Stan Lee

General Stanley

On 2/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, MrClean said:

Hogun and Fandral. Everything else is icing.

The tragedy of twice cancelled Hogun and Fandral leaves a hole in the MCU minimate line.  They were in all 3 Thor movies and will probably never be made.  At least we have their prototype artwork to think of what could have been. :confused:

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I'm willing to postpone one assortment of comic 'mates for a kick-ass wave of Marvel Stud10s 'mates. A 4-pack for specialty (Thor and the Warriors Three) and exclusive series for Walgreens and TRU should do it.

The biggest pull of Minimates is that the line has current and past comic incarnations of characters that can't be found anywhere else in action figure form. It would be a shame to miss out on an expansion of comic characters for more tired movie characters. Not to say that I wouldn't mind having the warriors three, but everyone knows that we would get some repeats to help push a ten year wave. Steady the course with comic characters and loyal will support you. 

Comic-based Marvel Minimates enjoy the luxury of being able to harvest from any era at any time. MCU-based Minimates do not.

This is a one-time opportunity to take advantage of a licensor-driven strategy to support new product based on the entire MCU. No one's talking about totally ditching comics in favor of film. It's one of the rare times when we can have both.  

Even Hasbro's on board:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/13/marvel-legends-marvel-cinematic-universe-10th-anniversary-figures-285525

Comics wouldn't have to be eliminated, just put on pause for one assortment. Think of it as an apology for Series 15.

Hasbro is wisely leveraging much more detailed toolings. Yes, they're offering the "same old Cap" with a new (to Hasbro) Crossbones but there's no reason DST couldn't offer a Decathlon Spidey with Ned since the only Spider-Man they'll likely offer in the Infinity War assortment is Iron Spider.

These Marvel Stud10s SKUs could also be a way to complement that film, allowing DST to offer characters like one-eyed Thor (a tampo change) with Kurse.

10 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

I have never wanted movies figures in either Minimates or Marvel Legends at the cost of comic figures, even though I'm not as big a fan (or collector for ML).

But I am super tired of comic fans of both lines wanting movie figures to stop being made because they don't like them. <_< 

I don't think anyone here is asking for them to stop being made. They don't want another line that'd likely have a bunch of redos that aren't necessary 

5 hours ago, Zylek said:

The tragedy of twice cancelled Hogun and Fandral leaves a hole in the MCU minimate line.  They were in all 3 Thor movies and will probably never be made.  At least we have their prototype artwork to think of what could have been. :confused:

And instead we had such winners like, t-shirt Thor, Regular Selvig, Underwear Party Selvig, Darcy, and Johnny Cash Loki.

25 minutes ago, Heinous said:

I don't think anyone here is asking for them to stop being made. They don't want another line that'd likely have a bunch of redos that aren't necessary 

Not an entire line, just one assortment within the existing MCU line.

And as for "redos that aren't necessary..."

fig0010flg.jpgfig0399flg.jpgfig0495flg.jpgfig0661flg.jpgfig0721flg.jpgfig1067flg.jpgfig1071flg.jpgfig1302flg.jpg

Hail Ivan!