UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MARVEL STUD10S: The First Ten Years

MisterPL

Marvel has announced a licensing program celebrating the 10th anniversary of MARVEL STUD10S (clever, huh?) in 2018.

This seems like a perfect time for DST to offer missed opportunities like The Warriors Three, Armored Whiplash, different armors from Iron Man 3, and others. Of course the necessary evil would be the inclusion of title characters many of us already have but this looks like a great excuse to go back and get new product to retailers and consumers with Marvel's full support. (Gotta love that corporate synergy.)

Is anyone else interested in this kind of chance to fill some holes in the MCU collection or do we have enough? I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a Thor 4-pack featuring the Mighty Avenger and The Warriors Three at Walgreens.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However you may feel about it, DST has done a great job giving us all the main characters from the MCU. The only ones we really need are supporting players like Balder, Hogun, the Collector, etc. I think anything they did now would likely be rehashes or "Greatest Hits" with maybe a new version of the main characters sprinkled in.

Having said that though, I would jump at the chance to get some of the ones we missed out on. If they can find a way to expand the MCU line without bogging it down with reissues and repaints of the main Avengers I think it would sell. But we all know DST doesn't like to go backwards like this.

DST should pitch this idea to Walgreens as filler waves between new MCU movie releases, a new character or variant with a redo of an existing heavy hitter character.  Something like:

- Iron Man 2 Mark 6 Iron Man / Whiplash MK 2

- Thor Dark World Thor / Kurse

- GOTG Starlord (short jacket) / Collector

- Age of Ultron Captain America / New Avengers Scarlet Witch

So many of the early Iron Man armors could be redone to minimize bulkiness.

3 hours ago, youbastards said:

So many of the early Iron Man armors could be redone to minimize bulkiness.

I would be more interested in this than most of the missed characters. DST didn't really get Iron Man right until Avengers, well, excluding the Mk 1.

I also could see this as a great chance to get an Odin who doesn't literally lose his head at a light breeze. And he's a big enough character he might could be an anchor. Odin/Kurse maybe? Or Odin/Warrior 3 of choice. 

I completely understand why certain Iron Man Minimates could be considered too bulky & I would welcome some redos .

Despite the fact we have had 70+ Iron Mans I could stomach more but it seems to me that the 'original' base Minimate design .....specifically the chest block....is proving to be an obstacle on more & more figures & 'Iron Man' appears to be one of the most popular characters that suffer.   I'm not suggesting that there should be a dramatic change to the Minimate design but it is incomprehensible to me why certain characters get an almost unique set of  parts ...legs,hands,moulded heads ,moulded feet etc. .......whilst the chest block remains standard ?

I entirely understand why Minimates have standard parts but bespoke moulded chest blocks would go a long way to de-bulk many of our favourite characters . 

In a nutshell if we're going to have redos lets have some innovative redos .        

'   

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

Could take care of the MCU 'Mates I want most in two 4-packs:

Guardians of the Galaxy Volumes 1 & 2:
The Collector (with Ma-Mutt-like accessory Cosmo)
Korath
Nova Prime (with a head for Rhomann Dey to put on the Nova Corps army builder)
gold dress Ayesha

Thor: The Dark World:
Fandral
Hogun
Kurse
Frigga

I'm sure there are others I would welcome, but those are the ones I'm clamoring for most.

• 1 month later...

Id like to see a Thor box set with Thor with translucent lightning hammer and the Warriors Three. From Spiderman 1 and 2 box set I'd like to see Half masked Spiderman, Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Kurt Conners. Armored up Whiplash hmmm not sure who else. Thats all i got for now.

18 minutes ago, spidermatt said:

Id like to see a Thor box set with Thor with translucent lightning hammer and the Warriors Three. From Spiderman 1 and 2 box set I'd like to see Half masked Spiderman, Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Kurt Conners. Armored up Whiplash hmmm not sure who else. Thats all i got for now.

A lot of those aren't MCU....

I at least want the Thor figures we were supposed to get: Fandral, Hogun, Frigga, Kurse; and more Guardians: Collector (with Howard & Cosmo minifigures), Korath, Nova Prime, gold dress Ayesha, Kraglin, Rhomann Dey, Garthan Saal, Meredith, Carina, Bereet, Broker, Brahl, Stakar, Aleta, Charlie-27, Martinex, Krugarr...

38 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

I at least want the Thor figures we were supposed to get: Fandral, Hogun, Frigga, Kurse; and more Guardians: Collector (with Howard & Cosmo minifigures), Korath, Nova Prime, gold dress Ayesha, Kraglin, Rhomann Dey, Garthan Saal, Meredith, Carina, Bereet, Broker, Brahl, Stakar, Aleta, Charlie-27, Martinex, Krugarr...

Just add in the Agents of SHIELD and I am good to go on this.

19 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Another GotG wave would be nice. I'd like to see:

Ravager Star-Lord & Rhomann Dey with Garthan Saal head

Ravager Gamora & Collector with Cosmo

Ravager Rocket & Kraglin with plant pot Groot

Ravager Drax & Korath

Nova Prime would be a good BaF, if we're still doing those.

I'd buy that for $32.

10 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

Agreed. Those who knew Coulson need to know he's alive, and at minimum, Yo-Yo & Quake need to join them in fighting some bigger threats.

I honestly think it's why the ratings keep going down. There isn't any real connection between the two and there isn't any real need to watch the show like there was after Civil War.

• 2 months later...

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/02/marvel-studios-the-first-ten-years-marvel-legends/

Hasbro is releasing new Legends figures under this license and will be going back to the older movies. Hopefully DST will be doing minimates.

I definitely want Hogan, Fandral, Odin, Armored Whiplash & Collector and would be willing to buy some main character redos to get them.

Edited by fwoosheyman

13 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/02/marvel-studios-the-first-ten-years-marvel-legends/

Hasbro is releasing new Legends figures under this license and will be going back to the older movies. Hopefully DST will be doing minimates.

I definitely want Hogan, Fandral, Odin, Armored Whiplash & Collector and would be willing to buy some main character redos to get them.

I think if DST released a series with one pack per movie with an updated version of the main character from that film and one fan requested character it could do well, funko released a TFA Cap pop last year and they couldn’t keep those on the shelf, the only problem is I think DST works off of limited licenses for the films and loses the rights after their series’ but it would be cook if they did something like

Thor 1 Thor with Fandrall

TDW Thor with Hogun

GOTG 2 Star Lord with Kraglin

TWS Cap with Alexander Pierce 

CW Cap with Zemo

Ragnarok Thor with Korg

Spiderman with Ned

Ravager Star Lord with Collector

and so on and so forth

Edited by FightTheDead118