UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us closing all 800+ US stores

On 4/24/2018 at 2:22 PM, TENIME_art said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:11 PM, DSTZach said:

Are they MM scale?

Here are the 2 C3 Arcade machines I bought. I haven’t put all the stickers on yet, as I want to make sure I have them the correct height. The black one is the original design, the white is the one I modified. The only piece that wasn’t included in the box is a 1x4 full size brick. I moved a 2x4 flat up and used the second 1x4 flat as the back legs.

26922155437_7ad3e57809_k.jpg

40891335055_f54e0679dd_k.jpg

Edited by Onyx_6
Pics didn’t load

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/27/2018 at 12:50 PM, thereasonsy said:

Oh wow, I talked to her (Reinhart) during checkout when I was there a couple weeks ago. My brother-in-law worked at her store in Durham many many years ago when he was in high school. I feel bad for these employees that are getting the short end of the stick.

I managed to find a Centipede and an Asteroids set at my store. They were in totally separate spots, and there were no tags on the shelf for them, so if you want them, definitely keep an eye out. I'm thinking I might go back again tomorrow and see if I can find any more.

17 hours ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

I managed to find a Centipede and an Asteroids set at my store. They were in totally separate spots, and there were no tags on the shelf for them, so if you want them, definitely keep an eye out. I'm thinking I might go back again tomorrow and see if I can find any more.

Did you happen to leave a baby behind?

http://wnep.com/2018/05/03/police-dad-leaves-baby-with-toys-r-us-employee-and-leaves-store/

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Shit, I knew I forgot something. I guess finding those arcade sets was too exciting.

Thats crazy, though. I was there the day before. I’ll have to see if any of the managers I know are there the next time I stop in so I can ask them about it.

Edited by Tommy Wiseau

Somehow, yes. It was. I was surprised too. Either that or the guy ringing me up didn't know it wasn't. I got a couple sets that they only had one of. I suspect the lego price will go down slightly more at some point before they implode and everything else I wanted they had a lot of.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:42 AM, MisterMiracle said:

You can still return stuff as long as it was purchased before they announced their closing.

Not true at all stores. I was refused at my two local stores when I tried to do just that. This was a few weeks back, when the closing news was still fresh.

Edited by Cappy

17 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Luckily there will no longer be Lego TRU exclusives. 

Ha!

I just picked up quite a few minimates, and they had the additional 10% off as well.  Also, despite being in the "collectible" aisle where everything is 20% off, they got the action figure 30% discount.  So good savings.

I think there's room in the market for a K*B return, but I have absolutely zero faith that guy is selling anything other than vaporware. But I'll be happy to eat those words if stores pop up across the country. 

I had 2 K*B stores in the malls near me growing up. It is where my Star Wars action figure collection started (with 3.75" Dash Rendar and Boba Fett). I still remember details about that, as we had a snow day the day after and I took them with to my mom's work for the day. Fond memories!

As long as DST doesn't put an exclusive set of Minimates in his hands for Christmas, I will be fine checking this out, if it happens.