UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toys R Us closing all 800+ US stores

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped by TRU last night, and it's still pretty much the same store. Most things haven't been picked over yet, and they clearly have restocked (since they are clearing out the warehouses, I assume). Still plenty of Minimates, and it looked like they had restocked wave 24 with at least one extra case. So it's probably worth it to take a second trip to your TRU.

Hit the Nanuet, NY store, saw 2 NBX 2-packs with glow Santa, one Predator pack and a Daredevil box set. Forgot to double-check Marvel section for 24/25, Sorry. Kids were pulling me every which way. I need them, too!

Edited by DSTZach

My wife is out of town this week, so I hit up a few TRUs within reasonable driving distance but that I don't get to very often (and may never get to again I suppose...:confused:). Didn't really find too much worth reporting though. At least around here, most stores seem to have the same things: Beetlejuice, Watchmen, Dark Tower, Pirates, Predator, Aliens, Daredevil box set, and Marvel 24. I know that TRU is clearing out their warehouses, so I'm hoping that eventually we come across some cool old finds, but right now there's a lot of sameness on those thar pegs.

I was hoping that TRU would lift their ridiculous policy of certain stores not being eligible to stock certain products (even TRU exclusives). All things considered it seems to me that's one thing that led to their demise. But while other stores continue to restock with Pirates, Predator, Dark Tower, and Beetlejuice, mine has none of those.

They're getting in plenty of other items. Shelves are not bare, not by a long shot, but it's the same old stuff they apparently couldn't sell enough of in the first place.

Raising the price of the Black Panther Minimates was genius though. I think my store is almost sold out of those!

Mates were 15% off today when I hit the Madison store.

Construction sets are still only 5% - I picked up 2 C3 Arcade machines that I had never seen before. They were in the collectible aisle, but rang up as construction.

On 4/20/2018 at 1:11 PM, DSTZach said:

How did I miss these C3 arcade machines? Are they MM scale?

Just saw this. They are a wee bit short for Minimates. I moved a flat piece up to the top of the machine and plan to add a regular brick to the bottom and I think they will be perfect.