UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone have a wide encompassing line that they like besides minimates? I've been looking at s h figuarts and hot toys. They both seem pretty decent. I wish figuarts had more marvel and DC stuff as their price point is a little easier for me. 

How do both these lines hold up? Do either of them survive actually being played with? I'm thinking about jumping the minimate ship to start another collection. 

2 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

I mean... Lego. Lego is mine. 

But I do like Figuarts Kaiju line. If I had the money I'd jump onto that. 

I was wanting more detail not less. Figuarts definitely looks interesting though but it's expensive and they only really focus on the MCU for marvel :( 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

14 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

Stick with the Minimate line ......you know you love it really:yes:

I WANT to. It'd be easier to. However I find myself not even really looking forward to the Black Cat and Scarlet Spider release for some reason. When I'm not pumped for 2 of my favorite characters in what should be my favorite toy line it's just alarming. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

they only really focus on the MCU for marvel :( 

What else do you possibly need?

Been there. I hit a looooong dry spell and started picking up Star Wars Fighter Pods. I felt like I was cheating on Minimates. It was awful.

I know what you mean about collecting an inclusive line, though. Aside from Funko 4" figures I can't think of too many affordably priced toy lines with such property breadth.

Minimates will always be my top priority, but I also play Heroclix on the side. It's a tabletop game where the pieces are small figures based on Marvel, DC, TMNT, Star Trek, and sometimes some other pieces of media. Not really a toy line, but it's been pretty inclusive in terms of the Marvel and DC stuff.

I also really like Good Smile Company's Nendoroid series, but they're usually more based on anime and video games as opposed to comics. There's some Marvel and DC figures, though.

@MisterPL i don't mind the price too much as long as it has what I'm looking for. 

With TRU set to have some closings and me living in a small town minimate exclusives will probably become more expensive for me to pick up anyway so I'm thinking about just picking up legends. 

I want to stick to mates since they're what really got me collecting but its become kinda stressful to collect them. 

My motto's always been that if it's more frustrating than fun, it's time to look elsewhere. I hope you find something else that's more enjoyable. As a fan of 4" figures, I just started collecting Funko's Batman '66 line but the chase figures are killing me. I haven't even bothered opening them in anticipation of this line becoming such a chore that I dump in on eBay.