UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC exclusive Contest of Champions 'mates

sha_ckwave

Any info on this Zach?  

This was posted in the marvel contest of champions forums by kabam.   Will they be just giveaways or will there be a chance to buy them outright?

For those who don't play MCoC, it's a pretty sweet mobile game.  Guillotine and Civil Warrior are the two characters created uniquely for the game.  Civil Warrior is basically Cap in cap-themed Iron Man armor.  Guilly is a mystic based sword swinging badass.   Google them for more info.

IMG_7420.JPG

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mister.  CW is kind of meh in the game but Guilly is a certified badass.

Also the mentions of 'Morningstar' you guys see are for their third unique character they just created, Guillotines arch-nemesis.   No 'mate for him, yet anyway.  Barely any artwork for him revealed so far.

Edited by sha_ckwave

6 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Sweeeeet. Almost two years after I asked but I'll gladly buy them. I wonder if we'll get any others.

The only other game- only specific characters I can think of are Venompool (venom/deadpool mash-up) and Maestro in armor. Everything else is I believe is from the comics/movies/tv.

Venompool actually came from a 'What if...' comic first, later appeared in the Deadpool comic I believe.

But correct on Maestro's armor... first appeared in the contest of champions comic then the game, but designed for the game.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I'm guessing this is the Marvel extension that was previously mentioned.

My guess too. Guillotine was in the comics series that spun off from this game, and she's pretty cool (and that was a pretty good comic). My hunch would be that these are promos for figures that will see a regular release if/when the line debuts, much like the first Jack Skellington. Even if not, I doubt that these will be all that hard to get.

"I doubt that these will be all that hard to get" 

I'll add them to my ever-growing list of Minimates that are not all that hard to get .

I'm considering cancelling any future purchase of any Minimate & just tour around the US ,visiting conventions ,picking up stuff that is given away free........sure beats that stupid old - fashioned way of just buying Minimates with stupid ol' money ..... too radical?

Edited by buttheadsmate

5 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'll add them to my ever-growing list of Minimates that are not all that hard to get .

I'm considering cancelling any future purchase of any Minimate & just tour around the US ,visiting conventions ,picking up stuff that is given away free........sure beats that stupid old - fashioned way of just buying Minimates with stupid ol' money ..... too radical?

I know I will regret asking this, but what has been all that hard to get? I realize that it's very different for anyone outside of the US, but the only con giveaway that I'm aware of that can't be picked up fairly easily on the secondary market is the Steve Geppi Minimate, which is a whole different thing. I haven't really been following these things that closely, so I apologize in advance if I'm missing something.

4 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

The four giveaways this year I think represents the most we have ever done. I think we did four promo colors one SDCC, maybe? Before my time. I won't count the four repackaged Pirates we did one year. We only do two or three cons (we stopped doing Toy Fair promos a while ago), with one MAYBE two at a show, and we don't even do promos ourselves any more, just interested licensors who can spread the gospel. Small potatoes compared to the hundred or so we ship to stores each year.

Actually like the CW design. :Dunno:

Anybody that could help a brother out with both of these would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

I know I will regret asking this, but what has been all that hard to get? I realize that it's very different for anyone outside of the US, but the only con giveaway that I'm aware of that can't be picked up fairly easily on the secondary market is the Steve Geppi Minimate, which is a whole different thing. I haven't really been following these things that closely, so I apologize in advance if I'm missing something.

No apology necessary :no: 

Being outside of the US can actually be an advantage.....friendly US folks seem happy to help sad aged UK members :thumbsup:

The Geppimate is perhaps......from what I've read here....of little or no interest to anybody except loonies like myself.  The TMNT Donny is something else ...that baby is irritating far more people than just the occasional old loony.

Exclusives exclude not include & crush those already 'reading the gospel'.