• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-Babies?

Pass.

Little Big-Head men?

Pass.

Tigers and vehicles?

Yes please.

Another kind of character extension for Marvel could be the Fox films.

It's also possible that, if Sales thinks there's enough demand, DST might actually be interested in revisiting some previous properties they formerly considered to be past their prime. (Warriors Three movie 'mates?)

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Not Brand Echh .........it'll never happen but if it did I'd never moan about anything ever again  :jawdrop:

Believe it when I see it.:worms:

It's a fact that I moan a lot about the things that frustrate me about the Minimate line & my recent 'outburst' about theToad was the first time in many a long day that things boiled over . It'll be a sad day when I just don't care about Minimates & I have seen better men than I fall by the wayside recently.

You should read up on where 'can of worms ' originated    .........very interesting reading :thumbsup:

I wonder if the Marvel TV license is broken up by network (ABC - SHIELD, Inhumans, New Warriors, Cloak and Dagger) or if each of those counts as a separate extension.  Oh, and Runaways on HULU (which is also ABC related)

Edited by JeffBohn

Disney has the rights for Marvel television. They're not letting that go. They'll keep producing the shows under the ABC banner with production partners wherever they can find them.

As for licensing, I'm fairly certain that they're separate agreements like the films. There's a licensing program for Runaways but it's comic-based. They generally wait to see if there's enough interest in a property like this before tailoring a program to it. Hopefully it does well.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that was the Marvel expansion. The distribution is different than I expected, but it's an area we had not explored previously (Marvel games), unless you count video-game-accurate costume changes for Cable in the box set and Dazzler in series 54 (?). And MvC3.

The game license is not Street Fighter, but it is one with a similarly long history.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

We have not done it before, but other companies have. Not Injustice, this is a franchise with some history.

Not sure we'll show anything before Toy Fair, just FYI. And not sure they'll let me announce at NYCC.

Next best thing. Mortal Kombat?

And if not, what do you mean by "franchise with history"?