UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Licenses We Are Developing But Haven't Announced

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still not sure that this wasn't all a plan by Mattalica to get me to announce unannounced Minimates lines. But we're actually looking at a major video game license. We'll see how it goes. 

Not sure if we're still going to try Caddyshack Minimates, or National Lampoon's Vacation. Fingers crossed. Kingdom Hearts will be very cool when it's ready. Working on a kind of cool expansion to the Marvel license, not sure when or how it will be offered.

Like Elf, a couple of Christmas Vacation Minimates boxsets at Christmas time seems like a no-brainer to me.  Maybe in 2019 for the 30th(!) aanniversary?  Include a "Build-A-Christmas tree" between the 2 sets, throw in lots of accessories like presents, a deflated Christmas turkey, Wally World eggnog glasses, Squirrel accessory (mold exists), Snots minifig...etc.

Set #1

- Clark (with alternate parts for Santa Clark)

- Ellen

- Rusty

- Audrey

Set #2

- XMas Decorating Clark

- Cousin Eddie (with alternate bathrobe parts)

- Uncle Lewis 

- Aunt Bethany

Edited by youbastards

Caddyshack mates?  Oh please please do! I'm not usually one for properties with all civilian mates and no one in a costume or uniform but the thought of having Rodney and Ted Knight minimates would make them a must buy for me.

This is now my most wanted new property. LOL

A four pack with Rodney, Ted Knight, Bill Murray, and the gopher would work for me.

I am going to take a shot-in-the-dark guess at the video game license. I think it will be Red Dead Redemption 2. The first game sold over 10 million copies and is considered one of the greatest games of all time. The highly anticipated sequel is coming out in the Spring, which is perfect timing for a Minimate release that has not been solicited yet. The characters are all human, which works better for Minimates than something like Sonic or Kirby. Also the game is hard to classify - there isn't really a video game category for open world westerns, and the game has elements of action, adventure, shooter, and horror games. Perhaps it would even be the first step in a collaboration between DST and Rockstar that could also include Grand Theft Auto.

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

Caddyshack mates?  Oh please please do! I'm not usually one for properties with all civilian mates and no one in a costume or uniform but the thought of having Rodney and Ted Knight minimates would make them a must buy for me.

This is now my most wanted new property. LOL

A four pack with Rodney, Ted Knight, Bill Murray, and the gopher would work for me.

Ballwasher accessory would be a must!  "Oh, Mrs Crane, you're a little monkey woman..."

Edited by youbastards

20 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Nope, in an odd twist the new video game property will be Minimate versions of Lego dimension characters:wacko:

That is a terrible guess. :D

I do not believe we have Christmas Vacation, possibly due to other companies' licensing, but we have the original Vacation. Honestly not sure what our plan is for that license, we've done some glassware so far.

Game is NOT Red Dead Redemption, but I'd love more gunfighters.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

hopefully the licensing expansion for marvel is Maximates and/or vehicles but I doubt that. 

Hmmmm what game is hard to classify. The Arkham series? 

Speaking of Superheroes... South Park The Fractured But Whole would be a delight. 

5 hours ago, JediJohnson said:

IF the existing license for Minecraft block figures has expired, then I'm guessing it's Minecraft.

Well... there are quadrupeds a plenty in Minecraft... could get us the parts for a tiger. Just sayin'.

Aside from that, I rather hope its not.