UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The End of Minimates?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRU dropping Minimates is not a step away from Minimates, just from TMNT. When product stops selling, they know it's time to reset, and so does Nick.

Comic shops not ordering TMNT (and other lines) is slightly more concerning, but it may simply be the wrong product at the wrong time.

 

We'll continue to offer unique assortments and box sets of Minimates to comic shops and to TRU. And Walgreens is expanding what they take, so that is another outlet to consider. Hot Topic takes things occasionally, as well. And Target is taking some Kingdom Hearts figures, maybe they'll take some Minimates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Geez... My free time gets restricted for a few days, and now the sky is apparently falling?!? :Dunno:

SAME. I don't see anything that indicates the doom of the line in this. If anything I see it as a less is more and stronger. The fact that they managed to get the NetFlix Marvelverse going in some cases show unseen I think is a strong factor. We couldn't even get the SHIELD people made. Also the expansion to Walgreens is a great sign especially since TRU is closing stores while Walgreens is expanding. Not to mention Gotham being made. Are there franchises that I would love to see? Absolutely (Buffy, GOT, Disney, CW Verse) and some resurrected (DC Minimates, MAX, Pirates) but I don't think the line is dead.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ninja Mate said:

 

You guys know they are cancelling the latest cartoon series, right? I believe they are continuing TMNT, just in a different direction then the current incarnation.

Actually you said they "are" canceling the latest cartoon series.

I assume you just had a typo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All these Star Wars references make me realize that we need Star Wars Minimates to make Minimates and DST 'too big to fail.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

All these Star Wars references make me realize that we need Star Wars Minimates to make Minimates and DST 'too big to fail.'

I'm still bummed we never got Game of Thrones Minimates and to a lesser extent, Harry Potter. Both major franchises with tons of characters and looks. I don't really know why we need so many waves of NBX (a single film), but I guess there's enough interest to keep it going...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SlushyFrog said:

I'm still bummed we never got Game of Thrones Minimates and to a lesser extent, Harry Potter. Both major franchises with tons of characters and looks. I don't really know why we need so many waves of NBX (a single film), but I guess there's enough interest to keep it going...?

Man Harry Potter could've worked so well. You could pretty much get everything you need out of the line with a four pack made per movie (or book). One of the Goldeneye Trio per pack, one DADA teacher, two supporting characters... might miss out on someone like Tonks or some of the Weasley family and maybe a bigger Death Eater or two, but you'd have almost everyone important. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

Man Harry Potter could've worked so well. You could pretty much get everything you need out of the line with a four pack made per movie (or book). One of the Goldeneye Trio per pack, one DADA teacher, two supporting characters... might miss out on someone like Tonks or some of the Weasley family and maybe a bigger Death Eater or two, but you'd have almost everyone important. 

I'm sure a wave per movie could have worked too. Yes we'd probably get 8 Of the Trio but if they could be packed with killer accessories each movie it'd be worth it. Harry could have his broom in one set, hedwig in another, etc. and don't get me started on how bad ass a 2.5" base mate Hagrid would be. Maybe he could even come with a motorcycle.

Having Only one of the trio per boxset could lead to what happened with turtles imo. People might be like "this is cool but I want all 3 of them" unless you solicit them all together. 

Damnit now I have to watch the movies again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I'm sure a wave per movie could have worked too. Yes we'd probably get 8 Of the Trio but if they could be packed with killer accessories each movie it'd be worth it. Harry could have his broom in one set, hedwig in another, etc. and don't get me started on how bad ass a 2.5" base mate Hagrid would be. Maybe he could even come with a motorcycle.

Having Only one of the trio per boxset could lead to what happened with turtles imo. People might be like "this is cool but I want all 3 of them" unless you solicit them all together. 

Damnit now I have to watch the movies again. 

If I threw it together you'd solicit the first three movies worth and in that you'd get the GoldenTrio, Snape, Dumbledore, Hagrid, Lupin, and Sirius with a few others. The only HUGE character that I save for the later sets are Voldemort and Draco Malfoy. Malfoy is in Half Blood Prince and Voldemort is in Hallows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Trekker 42 ahh I got ya

Your idea probably would make more sense, since I'm not sure DST would want to go all out with waves but I can't help but want 60-70 Harry Potter mates from a wave for each movie. Then we could get the supporting cast like Lucious, Tonks, Neville, most if not all of the Weasleys, Sirius, Lupin, maybe even a Peter Pettigrew, and Tom Riddle as well not to mention maybe a Cedric and a TRU exclusive of James and Lily with the mirror of erised  

Oy now I know how much some people want that DC license back. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay... so are we still thinking that the sky is indeed falling or has this morphed into a new version of the "Licenses You Wish Had Minimates" thread? Just need to know if I should keep the receipt for my recently purchased Acme End Of Days Preparedness Kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Okay... so are we still thinking that the sky is indeed falling or has this morphed into a new version of the "Licenses You Wish Had Minimates" thread? Just need to know if I should keep the receipt for my recently purchased Acme End Of Days Preparedness Kit.

I think we are calm now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Okay... so are we still thinking that the sky is indeed falling or has this morphed into a new version of the "Licenses You Wish Had Minimates" thread? Just need to know if I should keep the receipt for my recently purchased Acme End Of Days Preparedness Kit.

:yes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

This is what happens when there are no tigers.

 

Or motorcycles.

Yes.
That's it.
Exactly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

1. Game of Thrones
2. Horror Movie Characters

3. Star Trek TNG, please just make one more boxset

I'd like to throw Mortal Kombat and MMPR (classic versions) into the mix as well.  

I would be in some serious financial issues if they started making Harry Potter or Star Wars Minimates.

Edited by MisterMiracle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...