Black Panther Movie Minimates

JeffBohn

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone else noticed how disappointing the alignment is on the Black Panther and Kilmonger face masks? most of the tampos seem to be either left or right of center relative to the ears. I found a Kilmonger I was happy with, but all three of the Powered Up BPs I have seen have been pretty misaligned.

Hopefully my Powered Up Kilmonger in the box set from Luke will be good.

2 hours ago, Chazwinski said:

I'm pretty selective with movie-verse minimates. However, I did pick up the Tactical Killmonger set at Walgreens today. That mask is very cool.

I think Tactical Killmonger might be the stand-out of the series. Such a great looking figure.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:50 AM, MisterPL said:

After getting the TRU assortment Saturday, I found the Walgreens series last night. Wednesday my LCS will have the box set. 

At the the risk of jinxing myself, this has got to be the easiest, quickest movie collection I've ever completed from so many retailers. 

Aaaand I jinxed myself. My LCS never confirmed their order with Diamond so it's going to take a couple more weeks before I can complete this assortment. I should know better.

15 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Aaaand I jinxed myself. My LCS never confirmed their order with Diamond so it's going to take a couple more weeks before I can complete this assortment. I should know better.

Maybe it's your jungle cat bias towards tigers.:D I still need the killmonger 2-pack, so I'm not complete either.

Found full set of 4 movie BP sets at 1of5 local Walgreens here in Duluth -- all mask tampos are properly aligned. Sooooo happy! :)

Also, found Cap Marvel/Rulk 2-pack. Others in wave had been sold by the time I got there.  As a side note to whomever it was that hid the 2-pack, sorry I bought it. (I know it was hidden because it was tucked waaaay down & purposely behind other stuff.)

You really shouldn't be sorry. I used to collect star wars, and these two brothers who owned a toy shop used to hide figures so they could come back later, buy them and then mark them up to resell. It made a lot of collectors(and walmart cleaning staff mad).

On 1/1/2018 at 2:29 PM, youbastards said:

Did the factory put BP's eye tampo upside down on the mask?

Not upside down but the regular BP definitely has his eyes tilted slightly. There is a definite difference between it and the Powered-Up BP I bought.

This is a nice set of minimates, Tactical Killmonger and Klaue especially. Both BPs look better in person than I thought they would from the pictures, the paint on the Powered-Up version really pops. I'm curious to see how the details and character selection hold up after the movie.

12 minutes ago, RedTiger95 said:

Got my boxset today and the they look super detailed. Unfortunately they gave me two T'Challa hairpieces, so Killmonger doesn't have his dreads, bummer. Guess I have to track down the other Killmonger for the correct hair.

I remember someone else getting the box set when it came out and they didn't have the dreads either. Maybe it's a manufacturing error on all of them? 

30 minutes ago, Heinous said:

I remember someone else getting the box set when it came out and they didn't have the dreads either. Maybe it's a manufacturing error on all of them? 

It would appear to be a manufacturing error because the tray even has the same slot for both T'Challa's hairpiece. 

I emailed customer service so I'll see what happens, thanks MisterPL.

Maybe he has a different look in the movie when it comes to the final battle? If he is trying to take over Wakanda, he may want to appear more kingly and cut off his dreads.

At least that is what I assumed when they included that hair piece in the box set (presumably the powered up looks are ‘final battle’).

On 1/18/2018 at 11:39 AM, RedTiger95 said:

It would appear to be a manufacturing error because the tray even has the same slot for both T'Challa's hairpiece. 

I emailed customer service so I'll see what happens, thanks MisterPL.

dont hold your breath, the last couple times i emailed them i got the "sorry, we dont have that set in stock, so i cant send you the correct part" reply