JeffBohn

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of the no-lense look and from a practical stand-point it makes no sense.

I’m gonna armor up my entire body but leave my eyes unprotected.  Not like they are important and being able to see is useful. 

It comes off as some movie-studio mandate or director decision like how Spider-Man always had to take his mask off in the Raimi movies.

Not to veer off the topic of Black Panther, but earlier people were discussing the Captain Marvel movie dealing with Skrulls, and I've seen that mentioned before in other places, so it seems to be a thing...

It was my understanding, when last I checked, that the MCU couldn't use Skrulls, because they fell under Fox's Fantastic Four license.

What changed? What's going on? Was that never accurate to begin with? Did they make a deal like they did for Ego?

I need answers! Factual preferred, but speculated fine too, lol.

1 hour ago, Gillbob316 said:

Not to veer off the topic of Black Panther, but earlier people were discussing the Captain Marvel movie dealing with Skrulls, and I've seen that mentioned before in other places, so it seems to be a thing...

It was my understanding, when last I checked, that the MCU couldn't use Skrulls, because they fell under Fox's Fantastic Four license.

What changed? What's going on? Was that never accurate to begin with? Did they make a deal like they did for Ego?

I need answers! Factual preferred, but speculated fine too, lol.

It probably has something to do with the Disney/Fox deal.

Yeah fox has kl'rt specifically, but I guess it's kinda like the quicksilver/scarlet witch deal where both companies can use the characters. I don't think the avengers villains were ever supposed to be skrulls except maybe in a very early draft. I think they wanted to use them in the best way possible, and in the skrulls case, is a secret invasion type movie, not a throw away army 

Chitauri is the name for the skrulls in the Ultimates comics. I believe that's where the movie versions originated from

The Ultimates come together to fight them, the Avengers(comics) come together to fight Loki controlled Hulk. They kinda mashed the two together for the movie.

Also new creature army from infinity war sorta resemble chitauri from comics, not sure if that was intentional. 

Edited by bilbofett