UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Figures, Old Parts: An Idea Thread

stack32

Mimic.png

Mimic has those weird not-Cyclops-visor goggles.  And then there's some question whether you could do his classic look correctly without both the wings and a chest piece. That combo hasn't been scene since Hawkman I don't think. Of course he recently went with this look...
250?cb=20131125232503

Which more "Angel with accessories" and could be done with existing parts.

Cyclone isn't a character I see as essential, but if we do get him I'd much rather his Thunderbolts-era look. 

A lot of my wants are redos of existing figures, so they wouldn't need much in the way of new tooling. There are some new looks and characters I'd like to see that wouldn't need new tooling, though, like Moira MacTaggert, classic Madrox, Brotherhood Rogue, Madame Masque, white Vision, and 70's/80's Wasp variants.

It's good to see more support for a Rick Jones BaF. I'd personally prefer an Avengers Forever wave to a Hulk one, but he seems like a perfect candidate.

I personally wouldn't want classic Mimic to use a bulky chestpiece, but he would need new goggles.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

- 70's Davos/Steel Serpent is easy with Netflix black suit Daredevil and comic Iron Fist tooling.

- The Owl is basically Wolverine/Logan and the duster coat tooling.

- 616 WWII Howling Commandos has most of the unique tooling needed.  Duggan's Bowler hat, Gabe's trumpet (Muppets), Pinkerton's bumbershoot (Peter Pan, Gotham), Thompson Maching Gun.

- 616 Wong is super easy with the various skirt/dress pieces we have now and 616 Clea could reuse Deadpool 2099's shoulder piece with 1960's Jean Grey hair..

- Classic Black Tom Cassidy just needs one of the collar pieces and 1st Appearance Thor's wooden cane can double as a shillelagh.

- Alice's Red Queen hair could double for Brainy Leader's head.

- Animal or Mahna Mahna's hair can work for X-Men's Gateway with Thundercats bolo.

I think Red Queen's hair for Leader would look kind of weird. It's almost there but not quite.

Half of the U-Foes wouldn't require any new parts:

U-Foes.jpg.bd49327904617470a20c68970ac1eb76.jpg

Vector would be a heck of a complicated tampo though. X-Ray would definitely be a visually interesting minimate depending on how they chose to adapt the details. Translucent purple plastic would be a must.

fig2756flg.jpg

If this isn't recolored into a Hydro-armor Iron Man, you guys are sleeping on the job. Maybe with
fig2195l2lg.jpg

this Ultron's feet.

Just sayin'

oh and Hail Ivan.

I realize it violates the point of this thread entirely, as it's 2 brand new sculpted pieces with virtually no other use... but if The Spot ever got made, I'd verymuch appreciate if he came with special torso and head blocks which had a Spidey arm sticking into/out of them, and would Allow Peter to punch himself in the face...

Yes! Back with the old Toy Biz line, I had a wishlist that included Spot. My idea, which would work here too, would be if he came with a couple discs with fists or feet sticking out of them. Not sure if it was comic accurate, but in the cartoon, he could toss discs out as well, which is what I was thinking. 

And keeping with this thread, Hulk's War Bound could pretty much be done with existing parts.